User Tag List

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    NYCB does not have club session on Sat. The 10/17 tourny is on NYCB's sunday site (56th street & 2nd ave). It should be from 8:30 - 8:30, therefore, plenty of games to watch.
    Hey lazy,
    thank you so much for all this info. Ok. so I am definitely coming to watch you guys play on sunday. I would like to meet you and talk to you. Do you think there will be courts available to play while the tournaments is going on? Please let me know. I have your number, so maybe I can call you before I get there? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robina
    Hey lazy,
    thank you so much for all this info. Ok. so I am definitely coming to watch you guys play on sunday. I would like to meet you and talk to you. Do you think there will be courts available to play while the tournaments is going on? Please let me know. I have your number, so maybe I can call you before I get there? Thanks!
    Sure, everyone is welcome to stop by and watch the tourny. I will play both MD and XD, but guess will be chopped pretty badly, unless miracle happens.

I don't think there will be any spare court available for regular play/practice, as we only have 6 courts, and the tourny should last pretty long. If you want to talk, a big mouth like me will always be ready.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, everyone is welcome to stop by and watch the tourny. I will play both MD and XD, but guess will be chopped pretty badly, unless miracle happens.

I don't think there will be any spare court available for regular play/practice, as we only have 6 courts, and the tourny should last pretty long. If you want to talk, a big mouth like me will always be ready.
    Sounds like fun. Can't wait

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like fun. Can't wait
    The tourny was a great success, as I got some really exciting games and lucky enough to win some. Enjoyed the games and was quite tired as I was in the gym from 7:30am to 10:30pm.

Did not see you though, as I was busy running around for my games, as well as helping the management staff. If you happened to stop by, guess it's my fault for did not get a chance to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tourny was a great success, as I got some really exciting games and lucky enough to win some. Enjoyed the games and was quite tired as I was in the gym from 7:30am to 10:30pm.

Did not see you though, as I was busy running around for my games, as well as helping the management staff. If you happened to stop by, guess it's my fault for did not get a chance to meet you.
    Hey,
    I got there around 1:30 and didn't know where to find ya! I figured you were busy doing exactly what you said, runing around. I stayed there for about an hour and a half and then left. It seemed fun. There were some good players there. I am hoping to go there next sunday and play. I'll try to get there early. What time do you get there? What's the best time? Are there that many people during regular practice days? That place was crowded whewwww!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,
    I got there around 1:30 and didn't know where to find ya! I figured you were busy doing exactly what you said, runing around. I stayed there for about an hour and a half and then left. It seemed fun. There were some good players there. I am hoping to go there next sunday and play. I'll try to get there early. What time do you get there? What's the best time? Are there that many people during regular practice days? That place was crowded whewwww!
    Really? I guess 1:30pm was about the time I was fighting to death in the MD game. Glad to know that at least you got to watch some good players playing.

On Sunday, the group training runs between 11:30 - 1pm, but you need to pay extra to participate. Between 1 - 1:30pm (sometimes, the gym opens a bit late), regular session will start, and it will last until 5:45 - 6pm. If you want to come, I think come right after 1 will give you a bit extra time to get warm up and 1 or even 2 extra games, as a lot of ppl won't show up for the 1st 30 min or so.

I usually help them for the group training, therefore, I should be there no later than 11:30. Looking forward to meet you next sunday then. Give me a call when you get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Lazy,

Ok, that sounds like a plan. I am pretty sure that I will be able to make it on Sunday but just incase something comes up I will let you know. I'll probably get there by 11. So yeah, it will be great. Once again, thanks for all the info and all your help, I really appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Lazy,

Ok, that sounds like a plan. I am pretty sure that I will be able to make it on Sunday but just incase something comes up I will let you know. I'll probably get there by 11. So yeah, it will be great. Once again, thanks for all the info and all your help, I really appreciate it!
    Great, it's my honor to meet a pro.

However, you plan to come by 11? The group training will start @ 11:30, and you need to register and pay for that. Also, I need to help out with the training, therefore, I am afraid I can't get into games with you right away. In case you just want to play in the regular session, I think 1pm is good enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, it's my honor to meet a pro.

However, you plan to come by 11? The group training will start @ 11:30, and you need to register and pay for that. Also, I need to help out with the training, therefore, I am afraid I can't get into games with you right away. In case you just want to play in the regular session, I think 1pm is good enough.
    Hey,
    I really appreciate your replies . I want to be there by 11 or maybe 12 just to hang out and watch. Yeah sure I will play in the regular session not training session but it will be fun to watch. It will be fun to play with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone,
    Lazy, I didnt show up at NYCB the other day because I finally found a place here in yonkers to play. It's great. They play two weeknights and they have two courts. It's a lot of fun. Just wanted to let ya know. Take care and thanks for all your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone,
    Lazy, I didnt show up at NYCB the other day because I finally found a place here in yonkers to play. It's great. They play two weeknights and they have two courts. It's a lot of fun. Just wanted to let ya know. Take care and thanks for all your help!
    Great to know that you can find some places close to your home. But if you feel like to stop by sometimes, please always feel free to do so. Still looking forward to my "training" (or torture?) session.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Price update

Quote Originally Posted by just2read
    Even though the BBC website is still under construction, you can still get location, schedule and contact info from it. This is a very friendly club with
    a good mix of players (beginner to advanced).
    http://free.hostdepartment.com/b/brooklynbadminton/main.html

There's NO more "1st time free walk in" in Brooklyn club. The walk in price is $12. You need to bring in ur own shuttles to contribute to the games.

I am trying to fix my computer and update the website right now. Sorry for some earlier confusion between the management staff and new comers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yeeeeeeeeeeeey!

I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been wanting to play badminton since moving here in NY but didn't and still don't know where to start.

Do you know a gym that offers badminton lessons? I just want a refresher course coz I haven't played in a while. I know NYC Badminton offers lessons on Sundays but it's such a hassle for me to go to the city on weekends. It's like going to work 6 days a week. I don't mind playing in the city on weekdays after work. Could any of you guys recommend a nice place in Queens that's open late?

I hope you could help me.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maldita119
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been wanting to play badminton since moving here in NY but didn't and still don't know where to start.

Do you know a gym that offers badminton lessons? I just want a refresher course coz I haven't played in a while. I know NYC Badminton offers lessons on Sundays but it's such a hassle for me to go to the city on weekends. It's like going to work 6 days a week. I don't mind playing in the city on weekdays after work. Could any of you guys recommend a nice place in Queens that's open late?

I hope you could help me.

Thanks.
    I think you can consider the following 3 choices:

1. NYC Badminotn (www.nycbadminton.com): They have sessions on Tues, Wed, Fri and Sun. Check for location and schedule from their site. If you aiming for lessons, I guess this is your best choice.

2. Friendly Club: Right next to Queens Center shopping mall, in a church. We open on Wed (7-10) and Sat (5-10). The environment is very friendly, and many good skill ppl. However, the facility is poor, as we only have 2 courts, low ceiling and poor light.

3. Brooklyn Badminton Club (http://free.hostdepartment.com/b/bro...nton/main.html): We open on Sat from 9-4pm, 8 courts. Walk in price is $12, and bring in your own shuttle. Skill various from beginner to advance, most ppl are nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^i think NYC Badminton only gives lessons on Sundays. Then again, I might be wrong.

Any other beginners here who needs a buddy? I'm afraid nobody would wanna play with me if I there alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maldita119
    ^i think NYC Badminton only gives lessons on Sundays. Then again, I might be wrong.

NYCB gives private lessons (need to contact them and sign up 1st) all 4 days. Group lessons will be given only on sundays. If you are interested, call them up, and they will give u more in detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I bet that's going to cost a fortune!

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast