User Tag List

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chittychoco
    Hi:

You are so not funny... Neway...i work in midtown so by the time i get home and get the car to QCC, it would be 6:30...would that be too late??? Weekends sound just great would it be at QCC also?? since driving to there would make it so much easier for me ..
    Thanks

If you are a girl, and you don't easily get mad at your partner, be my WD partner bah! How about meeting this Sat. in either QCC or brooklyn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastcoastAZN
    Hi i live in Flushing,Queens and i play badminton so much that i injured myself haha. What is your level of play and how long have you been playing? Are you a girl because i'm looking for a mixed doubles partner for an upcoming tournament haha. You should try Queens Borough Community College in Bayside www.qcc.cuny.edu on wednesdays 1-3pm at the gym (you can try to walk in and play since they don't check ID's that much), www.friendlybadminton.com offers play at a church near Queens Center Mall on wednesday and saturday nights. The Brooklyn Badminton Club is very far away near Coney Island. Try going there if you have a car or want to take an hour long subway ride but the place has eight courts.

P.S. i'm so lazy i just copy and pasted my old post hehe. I love screwing with LB's thread.

I am such a retarded player that, when I play MD and stay close to the net, I easily get hit by the shuttlecock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Something in Common?

Quote Originally Posted by yixinnt
    I am such a retarded player that, when I play MD and stay close to the net, I easily get hit by the shuttlecock.
    Hmm...standing really really close to the net and getting smashed on is being retarded?!?!......gosh that sounds familiar...hey that's my style!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are a girl, and you don't easily get mad at your partner, be my WD partner bah! How about meeting this Sat. in either QCC or brooklyn?
    Seems there are quite a few topics regarding to QCC recently. However to what I know:

1. They don't open to public (not even sure they whether open in summer or not).

2. They surely don't open on weekends.

I could be wrong, as my information might be out dated. So, let me know, if u did get in, and have a good time.

In case you want go to brooklyn club this coming sat, here's the direction: http://www.brooklynbadminton.com/our_location.html
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 08-11-2005 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would to..but i hav a business trip leaving 2morrow till sun ...how @ next week...sat?? is QCC open of wat?? do u happen to noe.it will be great since i m not that of a good driver yet, cant go far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink QCC info

Quote Originally Posted by chittychoco
    i would to..but i hav a business trip leaving 2morrow till sun ...how @ next week...sat?? is QCC open of wat?? do u happen to noe.it will be great since i m not that of a good driver yet, cant go far

Hi there is no badminton at QCC in the summer but there will be starting in september when the school is in the fall session. I have played there before many times and i helped the professor run the badminton class there also. I know very well since i took chinese mandarin class over there as a student for enrichment and i participated in their badminton and dance classes. They have a beginner badminton class that teaches you the basics in both the fall and spring semesters. The teacher is Korean and the classes are very popular over there. It is always packed and there's a good mix of people from all nationalities. However that instructional class is in the daytime so i doubt anybody with a day job will be able to attend it. Also there are open recreational badminton club hours every week on wednesdays from 1-3pm. Usually there are few people there and you can practice all you want. Whenever there are people that show up for the club hours it's usually chinese and indians. Many people that play basketball and volleyball over there like to watch the shuttle fly back and forth really fast. They never knew backyard badminton could be this exciting. Most of the Chinese people there are in the gym lobby playing ping pong. Whenever i have a day off on tuesdays or wednesdays i may stop by QCC in the fall but go in at your own risk because sometimes they check school ID. Students there can borrow racquets and plastic shuttles.

Now i recommend www.brooklynbadminton.com www.friendlybadminton.com www.nycbadminton.com You can find both me and Lazybuddy at all these places and we'll sign autographs but no pictures please . Oh yea Cardozo HS has open courts for badminton too...i asked my friend's younger cousin who goes there and she said that the security guard doesn't check at all and he doesn't care...so if you have a young looking face and a racquet. You can try to go in from the back door and ask the kids where is the gym after 3pm. I think their badminton open courts go from 3pm(after school) to 530pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Seems there are quite a few topics regarding to QCC recently. However to what I know:

1. They don't open to public (not even sure they whether open in summer or not).

2. They surely don't open on weekends.

I could be wrong, as my information might be out dated. So, let me know, if u did get in, and have a good time.

In case you want go to brooklyn club this coming sat, here's the direction: http://www.brooklynbadminton.com/our_location.html
    oh yeah, I am going to brooklyn this sat if nothing emergent happens. Will you go? I will probably bring 3 friends, all new in badminton though...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears that Friendly club (Jamaica HS location) delayed their re-open date to 10/1, instead of mid sept as we used to believe. The church location remain opens on wed/sat night. Check www.friendlybadminton.com for further update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are there really not that much places to play here in the NY/NJ area?

im moving to New Jersey and scouring places to play and really not finding that much luck.

i guess the sports hasn't picked up yet here in the east not unlike in the west.

anyways, my possible places to stay will be @ Jersey City and/or Ridgewood if there's anybody who can point me out on some of the places to play that's near those places please let me know.

thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kapitankidlat

i guess the sports hasn't picked up yet here in the east not unlike in the west.
    Very true on this. This means less place and higher price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kap: i know you! does my nick sound familiar?! harhar! didn't know you'll be moving here.

question: besides the places that NYC Badminton go to, where else can you play here in manhattan?
    Last edited by maldita119; 09-08-2005 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maldita119
    question: besides the places that NYC Badminton go to, where else can you play here in manhattan?
    Besides NYCB, there are 2 more place in the city. One is AES (recreation center, close to china town) and the other is Stuyvesant HS. Not very sure about their schedule though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Welcome Back

Quote Originally Posted by maldita119
    kap: i know you! does my nick sound familiar?! harhar! didn't know you'll be moving here.

Maldita where do you live,what's your name,and where do you play? When are we going to see you play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides NYCB, there are 2 more place in the city. One is AES (recreation center, close to china town) and the other is Stuyvesant HS. Not very sure about their schedule though.
    Schedule at AES is Fri 6pm-9pm

Schedule at Stuyvesant is Thur 7:15pm-9:30pm
    &
    Sun 1m-6:30pm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rjcorcuera

&
    Thnx for the info!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Holla

Quote Originally Posted by rjcorcuera

&
    Does AES have more time than just that friday? I met some players from AES and they're pretty good. Too bad i can't make any of those times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Your nickname is Stringman

Thnx for the info!
    Wow! Contributing to the forums at almost 2am? You really can string racquets very fast. Its either you have free time now after finishing all your stringing jobs or you're just taking a break and my racquet will eventually give you about one hour of sleep

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast