pain on side of foot?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by TonyxNguyen, Jun 9, 2009.

1. TonyxNguyen

TonyxNguyen Regular Member

hey guys, this isn't a super intense injury but i kinda feel that it's better to be safe than sorry & wanna see if this has happened to anyone else playing badminton or not.

so the night before last night i went jogging for an hour and i kinda stepped on a pointy huge rock at the park[it was late i didnt see it >.>] and then i kinda had to wait for like 2minutes before i could continue running home but once i got home and showered, there was no pain

the next morning i woke up and i didnt feel any pain either, i took the subway to go play badminton and once i got off i walked towards the ymca. after about 100 meters of walking i start to experience a small pain on the outer side of my right foot. the location of the pain is about half way between the end of my pinky toe and my heel. so after about 4hours of playing the pain doesn't really increase but it's still there when i take my steps. it doesn't really effect my badminton much but the pain is kind of annoying when i am walking.

so the morning after that, the pain is still there and i don't really know what this pain is... i don't know whether to blame it on bad footwork since it occured like 20hours after my most recent badminton and the rock seems kind of ridiculous... could it be because maybe i have a habit of puttiing more weight on one foot than the other??

please share your opinions and experiences guys ^^ appreciated

2. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    aw sucks to hear :/ try a heating pad on the foot maybe? Sometimes if I wear a certain pair of shoes, it starts to hurt my feet. Feels like a needle piercing my foot, but it fades away after I take them off. Although I doubt it's the shoe. Maybe you just gotta give it a rest.

3. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    It's ok, I had that kind of pain before too. Just remember to warm up before your game and doing some splits and leg warm-ups.