2009 National Junior Circuit Grand Prix Finals (Msia), June 10 to 14

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by eaglehelang, Jun 11, 2009.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

oh, just realise this tournament is going now:D

3. eaglehelang

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    many result as expected,as what i thought
    ramdam still under iskandar,but i think he can beat syawal already
    good:D

hope sonia can win to title tomorow:D

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  6. eaglehelang

GS U18 finals will be : Florah Ng vs Tee Jing Yi
    GD U18 : Nh Hui Ern/ Tee Jing Yi vs Lai Pei Jing/Shevon Lai
    BS U18 : Iskandar vs Syawal
    BD U18 : Goh Jian Hao/Tan Wee Tat vs Chooi/Pang
    Ow/Yew, one the fav, had given a walkover to their opponent yesterday

BS U16 : Zulfadli vs Nur Mohd Azriyn (who's this?)
    GD U16 : Sonia/Yang LL vs Maggie Lim/Chan Wan Ran

The rest, not familiar names. Sonia/Yang LL should win the GD too.

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    In late 2007, in response to a post by Joanne, I posted a mite about my admiration for Jia Min Yeo, a little girl from Singapore whose badminton skills looked extremely promising.

She was then just another kid trying her hand at this wonderful game.

Well, in her first ever major competitive season (the 100Plus National Junior Circuit Grand Prix Finals 2009), she reached the semifinal in the Girl's U12 Singles (she lost 20-22 and 19-21) yesterday.

Wait, there's more.
    She's also in the finals of the Girls U12 Doubles.
    The final will be played later today (14 June).

Here's a trackback for anyone who's interested :)

09 Nov 2007: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=713958&postcount=47

02 Dec 2008: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1042516&postcount=248
    02 Dec 2008: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1042519&postcount=83

01 Mar 2009: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1100452&postcount=88
    01 Mar 2009: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1100446&postcount=18

8. eaglehelang

Oldhand, just curious, the gal from Spore go Malaysia train or parents Msians ah? She train with club or state association?
    She & her partner lost the finals of GD U12, but runner up is not bad.

#8 eaglehelang, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  9. eaglehelang

And the Winners are :

BS U12 : Loh Kean Yew
    GS U12 : Lee Ying Ying
    BD U12 : Chen Jia Huo/Goh Sze Fei
    GD U12 :Eng Pui Yee/Thinaah M

BS U14 :Soo Tek Zhi (our Bad Addict Junior lost to this guy)
    GS U14 : Slyvia Kavita
    BD U14 : Dareen Issac/Soo Tek Zhi (a double win for Soo)
    GD U14 : Norshahida/Ti Wei Chyi

BS U16 : KLRC's ZUlfadli (who else)
    GS U16 : Sonia Cheah
    BD U16 : Nur Mohd Azriyn/Teo Ee Yi
    GD U16 : Sonia Cheah/Yang Li Lian (double win also for Lydia's kid sister)

BS U18 : Iskandar Zulkarnain (as expected)
    GS U18 : Tee Jing Yi (ditto)
    BD U18 : Chooi Kah Meng/Pang Zheng Lin (also expected)
    GD U18 : Lai Pei Jing/Shevon Lai

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=30D8F06B-300D-4F0F-B4C2-8A9A43C70EAC

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

thanks for the info, eaglehelang:D

btw, what happen to shawal? why suddenly he concede a walkover??

11. eaglehelang

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    She is a Singaporean and was trained in Singapore by Tan Eng Han, a former Singapore national player :)

I don't know the administrative workaround but she began this tourney season by playing in the Johor leg.

There's also some sort of 'affliliation' with the 'Yap Brothers'... but I'm not too informed on these things.

13. eaglehelang

NST

Badminton: Iskandar ends seven-year wait

2009/06/15
    ISKANDAR Zulkarnain's seven-year wait for a singles title in the 100Plus National Junior Grand Finals finally came to an end when he captured the Under-18 crown in Seremban yesterday. The wait looked like it was to continue when Iskandar lost the first game to defending champion Syawal Ismail 21-16 but fought back to win the second 21-11 before his exhausted opponent threw in the towel.

Iskandar, who hails from Johor, has been the favourite in the Under-12, Under-14 and Under-16 events previously but always fell short but this time around he was well prepared in his final appearance in the Grand Finals.

"I'm delighted to have finally won a title in the Grand Finals. I have been trying to do so since I was 12 and it feels great to have managed it on my last attempt," said Iskandar.

"Syawal pushed me to my limit today (yesterday) and I'm a bit sad that we could not play the rubber game. He was too good in the first game when he came out with all guns blazing but I kept my cool and managed to turn the tide in the second game."

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Monday/Sport/2582422/Article/pppull_index_html

14. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday June 15, 2009
    Badminton: Iskandar nails his first National Junior Circuit title
    By RAJES PAUL
    SEREMBAN: It was not the way he wanted to win but yesterday, Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin finally nailed his first title in the 100Plus National Junior Circuit Grand Finals at the NSCRC Hall here.
    The 18-year-old came back from a 16-21 defeat in the first game to force compatriot Mohd Syawal Ismail to a rubber game with a 21-11 win. But the deciding game was not played because Syawal felt dizzy and conceded a walkover.
    It was Iskandar’s first title in his last national Grand Finals after agonising misses in the Under-12, Under-14 and Under-16 categories.
    “It was unfortunate that Syawal had to retire. I would have preferred for the match to be completed,” said Iskandar.
    [​IMG] Say cheese: Iskandar Zulkarnain posing with his prize after winning the National Junior Circuit boys’ Under-18 final Sunday. — MOHD SAHAR MISNI / The Star

“But I have nothing to complain about. I have finally won my first title on the circuit. I was in the finals of all the other lower age-group categories but I never got it right.”
    The win for Iskandar is the right tonic ahead of the Asian junior championships, which will be held at Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara from July 12-19. He is also gearing up for the world junior championships, which will be held in Alor Setar in October. “I am determined to end my junior career on a high note this year. The Asian junior tournament is my next major event and I am shaping up well for it,” he said.

“My fitness level has improved but I must be more aggressive in my game.
    “I lost in the first game because I allowed Syawal to dictate the pace.”

Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) chief coach Sun Chenhua said that the consistent Iskandar was as good as assured of his place in the Asian Juniors.

The selection of the other players will be finalised at a meeting with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) on June 18.

“Iskandar has improved as far as his physical condition is concerned. But he is playing a more defensive game right now and this style will not work under this rally-scoring format,” said Chenhua.
    “He has to switch back to a more attacking play.

“If he is in good form, we have a shot at winning honours in the singles event.”
    The others hoping to make the squad for the Asian Juniors are Zulfadli Zulkifli, Misbun Ramdan Misbun, Lim Yu Sheng, Loh Wei Sheng, Jonathan Lee, Wing Kin Yik and Tew Gee Chong.

Yesterday, Zulfadli staked yet another strong claim for a place when he lifted the boys’ Under-16 title.

“I have been consistent so far. In fact, I beat all the other contenders during recent test matches in Bukit Jalil. Only Iskandar did not participate in the tests to determine the ranking of players,” he said.

“I am looking forward to playing in the Asian Juniors for the first time.” Meanwhile, Soong Joo Ven and Sonia Cheah continued to show their potential to become the country’s stars when they emerged as the boys’ Under-14 and girls’ Under-16 champions respectively yesterday.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2009/6/15/sports/4118813.asp&sec=sports

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    congrates to all winner

many expected winner
    but there is some good sight in several event
    will post my view in mj 09 thread:)