What Do You Think of During a Game?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by FirstSecond, Jun 11, 2009.

1. FirstSecond

FirstSecond Regular Member

Student
    What do you think of while you are playing? What motivates you when you are losing, what keeps you standing even though the score is hopeless to turn around?

I think of the girl in my badminton team. I probably attend all the practices because of her! :D But sadly, even though I try and even win lots of games, she doesn't seem to notice that I exist... T.T

2. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    awww it's okay. In time man in time. But of course, she won't notice you unless you talk to her.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    where to go eat and drink afterward:)

4. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    Anyways, I think about not failing my partner. I don't like it when I screw it up for my partner. I feel really bad :O and take the blame. But I think the people I play with get annoyed because I say "sorry" like almost every 3 minutes. Other than that, I think about getting better in badminton, and the game is a step to achieving that goal.

5. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    I just take it point by point. I find if i focus on anything apart from the game then i make mistakes.

EG if im thinking about the cute girl sitting watching me play ofcourse im gonna make mistakes.
    Just focus on the task at hand and run it point by point.

6. OConnell

OConnell Regular Member

What I was thinking at that time is how to beat my opponent, a game is a challege to physical capacity, as well as to Psychology.

7. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    My next shot & my positioning. If i am down, I jus dont get down, I say its possible, am not goin to give up. It feels reali bad when u lose by large margin so atleast if you win back a few points its not to bad

If am winning, I keep thinking, keep the pressure on, focus, keep it going, come on etc. It can b very easy to think the match is won and slack off!

8. LetsJamWitLam

LetsJamWitLam New Member

HAHAHA your funny. and i think "mann ima get my homies on him, after this game is over" lol jus kidding.

9. punchitdude

punchitdude New Member

Dude she's not going to magically ask you out if you win a game. If you want to date her be confident, make small talk and ask her out to do something fun besides badminton.

10. Azianhero

Azianhero Regular Member

lol like punchitdude said, your only there to practice, not for a date. If you want her to know that u exist then take her out somewhere and have fun and have fun mini convos. Winning a match is not gunna take you anywhere, its kinda like showing off.

but anyways, towards your question. I think about the best outcomes and shots that i should not be playing. For example, in a singles game i would say out the shot that i plan on making. So i say clear, smash, drop, etc in my head. Also what i like to think of is what i can do when im under pressure. It challanges me more and thats where people get their experiences from. Never think of the worst scenario case cause once you do, you'll do it. Think about how your guuna win point by point.

11. krisss

krisss Regular Member

In doubles , it is not to let my partner down. Because most of us have probably expierienced when your playing a match with your partner - and your partner lets you down. Unofortunateley this once happened in a tournament wheir my partner didn't get any shots over :(.

In singles - I have never really thought about that - I'm not really , an ultra-competitive person , and in matches wheir their is no reward ( trophies etc...) I don't play as hard as I could in a tournament. Which I personally think is a bad part of my game. I should use every game and see it as a tournament game finals. I am working on this.

Although for comeptition my competitive side does come in hand , and I have the motivation to progress through the tournament and get the prize :cool::D!

12. reiyne

reiyne Regular Member

in doubles... im thinking of positioning

in singles.... I sing a song in my head :)

13. TedTheFarmer

TedTheFarmer Regular Member

I don't tend to think about me losing. Sure I get a little disappointed when I screw up a point but the key is to forget about that, learn, and move onto the next point. I try to keep concentration on the game no matter what else. It seems to help me, some people may find it easier to think about other things for motivation. One possible thing I think about is revenge, that tends to make things come easier. ^^

14. pro1992

pro1992 Regular Member

Student and Coach
    thats a tough question,,,,might have to get back to you on this one never really thought about it