What is the % of successful Claim against Racket manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by ooisocksiang, Jun 13, 2009.

1. ooisocksiang

ooisocksiang Regular Member

QA
    Good day everyone.

I'm a badminton enthusiast like all of you. Recently, I noticed that there is a hairline crack on my NS8000.Just bought it for about 3 months. No major clash (checked the last time when I had a minor clash but is clean-huge relief) and I had taken really good care of my latest addition of the Double-Y brand racket in my bag. The crack is at the top of the frame.

I had sent it in for a claim but my regular shop advised me that it will most probably be a wasted effort(??!!). I'd been told that it'll take 3 months and the result will most probably be negative.

How many of you have claimed against the manufacturer and was successful?

I mean we are investing in a not-so-cheap equipment and surely we have the right to be compensated if it is not our fault.

Really hoping that my claim will be successful :( I'm crossing my fingers and all that can be crossed.

Hehe:eek::crying: Waiting waiting....

PS.: Is there any Double-Y rep reading this? How can I write in to you guys?

#1 ooisocksiang, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  2. ooisocksiang

QA
    Nobody wanna share their experience?

3. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    Well, I dunno but when the supplier I bought my racket from said that if there was any kind of fault with the rakcet they would get it replaced by the manufacturer. There wasn't though so I haven't actually claimed but the supplier seemed pretty certain. This is in the UK.

4. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Well I doubt most claim-backs will be completed , due to the terms and conditions.

What tension was your racket?

Also if you send the racket back - you MUST keep the strings and not cut them out of the racket!

I would say give it a go.

5. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    RSL X2 blue

I bought RSL X2 blue last April 25. It snapped after 15 days. I play 3 times a week, so that means I've only used the racket 6 times. I really like this racket because it suits my style. However, it's not as durable as it claims to be.

I returned my racket on May 10. It was still under warranty, but the store manager said that their supplier still has to investigate why the racket snapped. I was pretty confident that it's gonna pass the test because there wasn't any chip on the racket exept for the broken part on the upper side of the head, which was the reason why I returned it. I loved that racket. I took good care of it, making sure I wouldn't clash with whoever I'm partnered with. It was just a simple mishit of the shuttle that broke the racket. Thus, it seems that RSL rackets are not durable after all.

And guess what? They haven't replaced it yet. I called the other day for an update, and the manager said that it passed the investigation. They're just gonna wait for the supplier to send a new one. Geez! It took a month for them to investigate. I wonder how long it will take for them to send a new racket. They suck!!!

6. ooisocksiang

QA
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your sharing. Yeah, think it pretty unfair. Before they sell u, (not referring to the shop I bought mine) they say their product is durable, warrantied etc. When anything happened, they say they'll investigate this and that. I really hope that my racket manufacturer (YY) will really look into this.

My tension was just around 23 ~ 24 only. Would like to string it higher but my stringer recommended me not too. I heeded. Luckily what we discuss here can let the manufacturer know better what we (least) expect from their product.

Sigh.... Really wish I can let it go but buying a good racket (with the sum of money) is an investment. Would really wanna see at least a reasonable return from it.

Cheers ; )

7. bchaiyow

bchaiyow Regular Member

I'm from Canada and I had my NS8000 replaced no problem. My friend had his AT900 replaced as well without any problem. It took about 3-4 weeks.

bchaiyow

8. ooisocksiang

QA
    Hi bchaiyow,

Thanks for your sharing. Hope that is the case in Malaysia. Are the distributor of YY same for Canada and Malaysia. Some company are generous enough to just replace the racket without much hustle. Hopefully, in this case, it is regardless of the distributor.

BTW, what happened to your racket. I have a friend whose NS9900 cracked on the very first day it was used - unfortunately due to minor clash,and another AT900P also due to clashing after 2~3 months.

I eyeing another racket maybe of another brand who can withstand higher tension, but (I think my frequent shop is right) Iam under the spell of the YY brand. HAHAHA...

Cheers

9. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    I called the shop today. They said they'd replace it next week. It's been more than a month. Ggggrrrhhh!!! I just can't wait any longer.

10. bchaiyow

bchaiyow Regular Member

Hi,

I just mis-hit the bird, and it cracked at 2 o'clock. As for my friend's I am not sure what what happened. I believe the frame just snapped. Both my friend and I ahve a good relationship with the person who sold the rackets to us, he is the stringer too. So I think he made a good case for us to YY.

bchaiyow

11. kirbosmash

kirbosmash Regular Member

Arcsaber 7

I must have a good luck story then.

My Yonex Arcsaber 7, after approximately 6 months use, randomly got a slight crack near the "t-joint". I didn't like it, my coach didn't like it, and the store owner didn't like it. According to one, it wouldn't break just then, but it will break no doubt.

So I sent it through badminton alley, and then when I returned after say... 6 weeks? it had returned. Story? Yonex had lost my old racket and decided to replace it with a new one.

I'm pretty happy xD

p.s. btw the badminton alley store owner claims that Yonex always returns a racket back - be it a new one or the original. Not sure about other racket companies though.

12. racquetattack

racquetattack Regular Member

web sales
    I am a retailer for racquet sports and run a website. I always tell my customers to take several pictures of the frame from different angles and always one of the butt-cap and the sticker with serial# and have never had a problem. most times the pictures are enough to tell if the frame has been abused or not (nicks and paint chips). If in doubt they will want to see the racquet(some inconvinience) but almost always replaced if within the warranty period.

13. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I had a loosen cone on my Old NS8K before and I got it replaced within a month with a New NS8K. Seems the Yonex distributors vary between different region.

14. UrashimaKun

UrashimaKun Regular Member

Long story ahead lol,

but ya I brought a AT700 Limited with 20% off at my local Sport Expert. I had it strung with a NG95(brought it at mybadmintonstore JP version)@24lb in Sport Expert. Big mistake, they broke the string and made a small tiny crack on the new AT700L @ 12'o clock. They made excuses such as " we did not made this, it was probably you who made it while playing" and "your strings are fake, there's chinese letter behind the package <--- that's wut they told me which made me angry since im asian!". So I told him to get his manager and luckily the racket was still in warranty so they send it to yonex.

3 weeks later.
    I showed up at the counter and asked them to give back my racket. The big guy gaved me an AT250Limited instead. So I told him that it wasn't the same racket and once again the manager came after 30 min. He was nice enough to give another AT700Limited(there's only one 3uG4 left, lol) and strung it with their NG95, because I told him that it was their fault for not having enough skills to string at such low tension(which apparently, the NG95 is being overpriced @ 40$can).

I went there last 3 months ago and there was apparently an AT700Limited strung with an NG95 without price tag lying at the store which made me lol.

So ya, what I wanted to say is, Im not sure if yours will get replaced or not but there's a big chance that it'll get replaced <-- imo!!

PS: oh hope you enjoy my wall of text :D

15. racquetattack

web sales
    First of all, I'm not saying that I am the greatest stringer around but this is what got me started in the racquet business. I travelled to Winnipeg to play in a tennis tourney around 1980. I had 5 racquets with me, and the weather was very humid. I broke 3 sets of string in my first match!!! That night i took the frames to a local (big) sports store and asked if they could be strung by the next day??? I was told it would not be possible, maybe a week. I asked if 1 could be done. They said maybe, so I left one there overnight. The next morning I returned at 9am to find it on a machine with about half the mains done. When I asked about it they said they were extremely busy and there was about 3 staff members who were working on it! Can you imagine 3 people all working on your racquet. So I asked if I just purchased the string, could I do it myself. Their answer was you don't work here we can't let you do that. So I purchased the string and told a ladie there to turn her back, and I strung them myself. I just made it to my match at noon in time. Long story short, know who is doing your frames. I purchased a professional machine and a portable and started my own business. Taking the portable to tourneys. And I have not stopped string since. True story. You can check my website.

16. ooisocksiang

QA
    Hi Racquetattack,
    Could you be kind enough to provide me your website. Would like to visit and see whether there is anything that might interest me.

Thanks

17. racquetattack

web sales
    Thanks, Check it out at www.racquetattack.com All prices are in Canadian funds so if you live in the U.S the dollar is approx 13% more right now.

18. ooisocksiang

QA
    Still waiting for the replacement...

A few weeks or maybe already a month since I sent in for the claim. No news yet.So bored.........of waiting.:crying: What is the Yonex distributor in Malaysia doing? Any lead time/dateline given?:confused:

19. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    what are those salesmen doing?
    a. 'teh tarik'
    b. 'kopi tarik'
    c. shopping with gals during working time
    d. rest at home during working time
    e. all the above

your case is just a month. wait till it gets 3 months++ ;)

20. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    UPDATE: got the replacement

After more than 2 months, I got my X2 blue replacement.

Initially, they were asking if they could give me X2 gold instead. I said I'm not used to the heavy weight of the gold one, so I'd rather have X2 blue or X3 silver.

They said that they're not allowed to upgrade my replacement racket, so I offered that I'd pay additional --- although the amount I paid for my X2 blue 2 months before is already the same price they're selling the X3 silver right now. The contact person said that she'd get back to me.

The next day, they informed me that my X2 blue was on its way to be delivered to their store, coming from the province of Bulacan. It was the last supply of X2 blue in our country, at least for their store's countrywide branches.

After getting it, I realized that it didn't have the luster that my first X2 blue had. It wasn't shiny enough. Then I found out that it was a racket display in the Bulacan branch. I was kind of disappointed. But I convinced myself that I should look on the bright side. At least it was replaced.