Moving backwards faster

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Armortec2010, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Armortec2010

Armortec2010 Regular Member

I don't get this problem playing with second team players (univ), but with first team guys and some good county players, I quite often find myself moving backwards too slowly, i.e. the shuttle flew over my head.

Guys, any suggestions on the moving backwards speed? particular trainings?

(Assuming my basic footworks are correct, and I can often use one-step jump to intecept flat clears)

2. thlim78

thlim78 Regular Member

in my opinion, if u r in a fast-paced rally of flat drives, it may be good idea to lift your racket abv ur head while u move backwards .. the purpose is to be ready of any fast shot that comes to you .. and to do that, you may also need good reflex n anticipation of your opponent's movement ..

3. neavalmi0421

neavalmi0421 Regular Member

New Product Development
    you may know this already if not this one may help you: split step or splitdrop.

4. uncle_peanuts

uncle_peanuts Regular Member

student of badminton
    it sounds irrelevant, but it's all in the shoulder turn. the faster you can turn your shoulders, the faster you can move backwards

5. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    cold but true. You're slow.
    Be more aggresive. Just having that mentality will help your footwork faster. =)
    If be more detail, what type of game you play? double or single?
    double, shouldn't have this problem, only when you're in the situation of helping your partner in the back. So whenever u're infront, you must know which direct your partner is standing from behind, then switch the feet position.
    If in single, basically, shooo faster. The basic footwork (the right way), should able to help you move as fast as you can. If you can't reach it fast enough when you're already achieve the correct footwork, sadly but you're slow. Train yourself faster.