Buying a stringing machine, advice pls.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Iwan, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Hi everyone, I'm beginning to get interested in stringing my own racket and now Im looking to buy a machine around US$300. Currently I'm looking at the Eagnas ST-200 and the Alpha Pioneer FL.

Right now ST-200 looks a bit more attractive since it includes an illustrated stringing guide :p Anyway Im not going to rush and buy it immediately, so if anyone of you have any comments on these two machines or any recommendations on a better machine, pls drop me a msg. Thx :) pls bear in mind the budget restriction :D

2. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day Iwan,

Sorry I can't comment on either machines you have mentioned as I have never seen them.

I just recently purchased a machine from Epsilon, a drop weight, 4 clamp unit thats around $AUD499. It is quite easy to use and is ok do rackets up to 28lbs (not that I have personally tried to do that high a tension- but my former stringer has done it before and he uses the same machine). You will have to buy it off Murray Hocking though.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Iwan,

the guide given out by Eagnas is pretty useless, imho. they are tennis oriented, and most of the info you can get online anyway. (like this website. :) )

i haven't tried either machine, but i have seen the mid-priced models from Alpha and Eagnas, i recommend the Alphas.