Results 18 to 34 of 254
06-17-2009, 01:43 AM #18
The stats, world ranking and all as proofs..
- I think narnia has used the world ranking of the top 10 MD pairs to provide his datas.
narnia is fine arguing his points here, as long as he can provide datas to back up his claims (as shown by the graphic in the previous page).
Last edited by ctjcad; 06-17-2009 at 01:46 AM.
06-17-2009, 02:54 AM #19
wow, this shows that u are indeed a superb stats collectors, narnia. please keep up the good work
06-17-2009, 03:48 AM #20
06-17-2009, 04:08 AM #21
..the conclusion is their winning percentage in the Finals Rd is yes, 0 %.
However, we don't know if their 8 different opponents are ranked in the top 10 or not. narnia was illustrating/giving datas comparing the top 10 MD pairs' head-to-head records.
06-18-2009, 12:28 AM #22
Okay, thanks for the many comments.
In short, in the master table, I decided to remove AC/NR as they are a new partnership not in top 10 in BWF, and Fuzzy as they are not qualified with too low winning % of around 20% against the Tops. Esp. Fuzzy could get some titles with BWF points when many other top players did not participate in the tourneys after Olympics. MK/HS also got some titles at the time to keep their current BWF ranking. (In fact, the BWF ranking doesn't tell us who's the real strongest team among the strongest. It's only based on the titles.)
Anyway, it's come down to 6 top teams. Please note that no other official BWF team currently playing has more than 20% of winning % against these 6 teams. These 6 teams are current tops.
(SSF8: Super Series Finals 2008)
Let's check the status again among the Tops;
- JJS/LYD still has the winning % of 72% against the other top 5 MD teams.
- FHF/CY has 60% with not sufficient matches. (they had some split times in 2008.)
- MK/HS has 50%, the only team they never beaten is JJS/LYD for the period.
- KKK/TBH had the most number of matches (19) but didn't win even half of them.
Last edited by narnia; 06-18-2009 at 12:37 AM.
06-18-2009, 12:47 AM #23
Sorry, Updated again. (JJS/LYD's MAS9 was double counted.)
06-18-2009, 12:49 AM #24
06-18-2009, 12:58 AM #25
If Team A had landed in the finals it must have beaten some Top teams. I counted this stats and call it Winning % against the other Top teams.
In short, I'm choosing "relative measure" among the top players to assess who's the strongest MD team.
06-18-2009, 12:58 AM #26
Kinda surprised me that Fuzzy pair were included in this statistic.
Last edited by haifeng4ever; 06-18-2009 at 01:00 AM.
06-18-2009, 01:02 AM #27
06-18-2009, 03:25 AM #28
Can i order 2 more requests, narnia??..
..and they are:
- Could you provide head-to-head stats between those pairs that were ranked in the top 10 @ the end of 2008?
- Could you provide overall win-loss records for each of those pairs that were ranked in the top 10 @ the end of 2008?
I'm looking for their stats just for the yr 2008, no more & no less.
Thanks in advance..
06-18-2009, 03:44 AM #29
As I discussed, to know the strongest, 6 teams are enough; the other 4 are just so and so less than 20% of winning % against the other tops. They're not actually tops despite the BWF ranking; that's why I asked you to check the ranking system line by line; only when you correctly understand the ranking system you can know why they're ranked in top 10 even though they are not that strong.
Last edited by narnia; 06-18-2009 at 03:49 AM.
06-18-2009, 10:27 AM #30
Based on this approach, JJS is quite strong (also I think he is pretty good) and LYD is a minor factor, as LYD/SBC lost to MB/CM thus have a 0-1 record. On the other hand, the records for CY/XC are 1-0 over KKK/TBH, 1-0 over LP/JR and 0-2 to MK/HS, for FHF/SY 2-0 over MB/CM, 1-0 over NR/AC, 1-0 over LP/JR and 0-1 to MK/HS (CY/XC 1-0 FHF/SY). FHF looks so strong...
06-18-2009, 10:49 AM #31
06-18-2009, 06:43 PM #32
- I'd like to "read/check more of what's in the ranking system line by line" if you can pin-point me to a link where i can read it.
My only hunch on why the other 4 pairs are in the top 10 is because they played in more tourneys than those pairs outside of the top 10 or even the other top 6 pairs.
- My request was to accommodate others' queries about the overall win-loss record from each of the top 10 pairs; showing total wins or losses accummulated over 2008. But if you feel it's not necessary, then we understand.
06-19-2009, 01:00 AM #33
06-19-2009, 01:15 AM #34
- Here is the link; Part III, Section 1, Appendix 6
- You can check the other stats using the master table.
By Wong8Egg in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008Replies: 41: 08-25-2012, 09:27 AM
By Tulsamac in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 7: 04-10-2007, 03:35 PM
By truasianfx in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 21: 03-11-2007, 12:10 AM
By Cheung in forum Thomas/Uber Cups 2004Replies: 10: 05-17-2004, 11:42 PM
By kwun in forum Thomas/Uber Cup 2002Replies: 4: 05-14-2002, 02:57 PM