User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Already read it but still lost..

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    - Here is the link; Part III, Section 1, Appendix 6
    http://www.internationalbadminton.or....aspx?id=10513
    ..thank you for the link. I read through it once and i skimmed through it again. But i still have no clue what in the world do we still need to know abt the ranking system?
    Sorry, but do you mind just explaining it to us??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..thank you for the link. I read through it once and i skimmed through it again. But i still have no clue what in the world do we still need to know abt the ranking system?
    Sorry, but do you mind just explaining it to us??
    Come on Chris, I am sure u understand what our resident KOR fan here is trying to say In fact, he has mentioned it several times in his ealier posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^I have no clue..^^

..what "line by line ranking system rules" are there that i've missed??..
    "domination"?? what does that have got to do w/the "line by line ranking system rules"??..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..what "line by line ranking system rules" are there that i've missed??..
    "domination"?? what does that have got to do w/the "line by line ranking system rules"??..
    Line by line -- meaning u have to look at the number of tournaments that each top 10 pair participates in "line by line" so that you wiill "understand why they're ranked in top 10 even though they are not that strong."

I believe our resident KOR fan here is once again trying to emphasize that despite being ranked at no 5 in the WR table right now, Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae is in fact the STRONGEST and MOST DOMINANT MD pair right now, as looking at the rankings line by line and in particular the number of tourneys, you will discover that Jung/Lee in fact participate in 8 tourneys only, as compared to those above them (all have 10)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or in other words:
    No 1 in the World = Current World and Olympics Champions --> 10 tourneys --> inferior head-to-head stats --> NOT DOMINANT.

No 5 in the World = World Championships Runner-Up + First-Round Exit at Olympics (not important at all!) --> 8 tourneys only --> by far the BEST head-to-head-stats (this is by far the most important thing that we should be looking at) --> the MOST DOMINANT PAIR IN THE WORLD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Or in other words:
    No 1 in the World = Current World and Olympics Champions --> 10 tourneys --> inferior head-to-head stats --> NOT DOMINANT.

No 5 in the World = World Championships Runner-Up + First-Round Exit at Olympics (not important at all!) --> 8 tourneys only --> by far the BEST head-to-head-stats (this is by far the most important thing that we should be looking at) --> the MOST DOMINANT PAIR IN THE WORLD!
    Told you, the method used already different.
    How can compare?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally, the Top-4 come up in INA 2009; their matches will change the table.

Name:  Top4.png
Views: 221
Size:  2.8 KB

P.S. Please check out the scoring graphs for the QF matches of the top teams; the top 4 are real strong against the other lower-ranked teams; that's why the teams like Fuzzy can't be in this "who's the strongest" competition.

Enjoy~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see what happens tomorrow. The best MD semifinal lineup so far this year.

Or in other words:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(note: I don't intend to advocate a specific team. The table will be updated as the tourneys finish.)

Enjoy!
    If you don't advocate a specific team, why highlight/circle/outline the fact that JJS/LYD have the best score according to your method? Why not let the facts speak for themselves instead of you shamelessly circling their totals? Would you do the same thing if CY/FHF were in the lead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    If you don't advocate a specific team, why highlight/circle/outline the fact that JJS/LYD have the best score according to your method? Why not let the facts speak for themselves instead of you shamelessly circling their totals? Would you do the same thing if CY/FHF were in the lead?
    Well, if you've been following the LYD/JJS thread, you'll understand that s/he's trying so hard with every methods possible, to prove that his gods are the best of the bests of the bests MD in the world...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Line by line -- meaning u have to look at the number of tournaments that each top 10 pair participates in "line by line" so that you wiill "understand why they're ranked in top 10 even though they are not that strong."

I believe our resident KOR fan here is once again trying to emphasize that despite being ranked at no 5 in the WR table right now, Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae is in fact the STRONGEST and MOST DOMINANT MD pair right now, as looking at the rankings line by line and in particular the number of tourneys, you will discover that Jung/Lee in fact participate in 8 tourneys only, as compared to those above them (all have 10)
    - I hope you're right on with what narnia meant by "reading the ranking system line by line"..
    - If that's what he meant, then didn't i post the same thing earlier? That it's all about the number of tourneys the top 10 MD pairs have participated in? If so, what is there to be surprised abt??....
    Or in other words:

..btw, i also count the AE tourney as one of the top, prestigious baddy tourneys besides the Olympics. Those two, IMO, are tops.
    Kido & Setiawan have the Olympics title to brag abt; LYD & JJS have the AE title to brag abt.
    Finally, the Top-4 come up in INA 2009; their matches will change the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    ..nod, nod, nod...those are some delicious looking MD lineup i've ever seen in quite some time. I guess after all the dust is settled, later tomorrow, we'll find out, which pairs are really the top dawgs in MD..
    ..i think narnia has shown the facts and they speak for themselves. Nothing to argue there, despite his LYD & JJS-biased approach. What he probably needs to provide also, IMO, is the overall record for each of the top 10 MD pairs so we can see and compare each of the pairs' real & complete stats/record.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-19-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Well, if you've been following the LYD/JJS thread, you'll understand that s/he's trying so hard with every methods possible, to prove that his gods are the best of the bests of the bests MD in the world...
    Sorry, I have been using only one measure consistently - H2H stats among the tops.

Enjoy~
    Last edited by narnia; 06-20-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's because the purpose of this thread is to identify "the strongest" so I did that. Any problem?

Yeah, as I said, I will update the table as the stats change.

Enjoy~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will find out who is the strongest (this week) by Sunday...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

there are merits to what narnia is doing. certainly quite innovative way of ranking a small number of players/pairs who frequently play each other so the table is well populated.

keep updating it. thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Ina fans who are going to the stadium later will be very lucky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cai/Fu is the strongest after watching many MD videos i say

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast