User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 254
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Stats says the truth among the strongest players.

    "The real strongest only reveals by fighting against the other strongest."


    Don't hit the bushes.

    UNDER CERTAIN CONDITION !

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    UNDER CERTAIN CONDITION !
    Yeah, for our resident korean predictor...that condition happens to be Head to Head records among all the 6,7,8 pairs,etc...since that happened to be the one that favors his pair.

    For 2009, records and overall performance simply point to CY/FHF as the top pairs. They have the WC title and the winning record against any of the top 4 pairs (2-1 vs LYD/JJS, 2-1 vs KKK/TBH...haven't played MK/HS yet).
    Last edited by badadum; 11-01-2009 at 03:40 PM.

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    DKF
    Posts
    1,431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default H2H Top MD pairs after 2009 French SS

    In 2009 French SS, two matches happened;

    1. KKK/TBH beat again MB/CM in semifinal.
    2. MK/HS beat KKK/TBH in final.

    So, the winning percentage changed little among the top MD pairs after 2009 Denmark Open.

    One more reminder:

    1. This table has been devised to see the whole matches between current top MD pairs, so that we can determine which team is the strongest statistically. Stats does not say 100% accuracy rather shows "consistency."

    2. The other MD pairs not shown in the table are either they have very low winning percentages against the 6 top pairs or they have not enough records against the 6 top pairs.

    The table dynamically changes. I am also checking the other , if anyone thinks some team should be in the table or some team should be removed, please let me know with reasonable reasons and their records.

    If any member of this forum has recommendation on the table building, please feel free to do it.

    Thanks and Enjoy~

    Name:  H2H Top MDs After FRA2009.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  74.1 KB
    Last edited by narnia; 11-01-2009 at 10:13 PM.

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What you spout and what you did is 2 different things:
    Quote Originally Posted by narnia
    Sorry, I'm just interest in Most Recent stats; 1 or 1.5 yrs time span would be enough in the fast-changing MD world
    If that's the case, lets just use the stats from 2009 then. It'll show accurately who's the best pair currently (and no, it's not your precious LYD/JJS)...with the result to match.

    Not enough stats you say? Fine, expand it to 1 yr period (CO 2008) and you'll see the same thing.

  5. #73
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As I sadi..it nis stupid stats....LYD/JJS has not played for a whil...still 71%%...basically if PMK/HS plays 2SS then won 2 SS and decided not to play for the rest of the year then their statistic will be 100%...haha...
    LYD/JJS is going down hill..they are pair number 5 or 6....

    Simonlovers..come up with biased stats and make Kido/HS or CY/FHF is number 1...

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    As I sadi..it nis stupid stats....LYD/JJS has not played for a whil...still 71%%...basically if PMK/HS plays 2SS then won 2 SS and decided not to play for the rest of the year then their statistic will be 100%...haha...
    LYD/JJS is going down hill..they are pair number 5 or 6....

    Simonlovers..come up with biased stats and make Kido/HS or CY/FHF is number 1...
    Cmon hau-ge...that's too easy.... remember that LYD/JJS never won the big tourney, and there's nothing bigger than OG and WC. Lets see their records in those tourneys since 2007 onward.

    OG stats:
    MK/HS: 4-0 (2008 OG Champ)
    CY/FHF: 3-1
    LYD/JJS: 0-1

    WC stats:
    MK/HS: 5-0 (2007 WC champ)
    CY/FHF: 7-1 (2009 WC champ)
    LYD/JJS: 9-2

    MK/HS pretty much unbeaten in OG and WC.
    How about the so called KOR strongest pair? (the only KOR pair of any significance will be the better title IMO)..
    In OG...well, not much argument there...LYD/JJS crash and burn immediately in the 1st round. While in WC they fight it all the way to the final event, only to lose consecutively.....in the end, still no OG medals nor WC title for them...

  7. #75
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1 word i can say..

    WHOAH to this thread

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    DKF
    Posts
    1,431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    Cmon hau-ge...that's too easy.... remember that LYD/JJS never won the big tourney, and there's nothing bigger than OG and WC. Lets see their records in those tourneys since 2007 onward.

    OG stats:
    MK/HS: 4-0 (2008 OG Champ)
    CY/FHF: 3-1
    LYD/JJS: 0-1

    WC stats:
    MK/HS: 5-0 (2007 WC champ)
    CY/FHF: 7-1 (2009 WC champ)
    LYD/JJS: 9-2

    MK/HS pretty much unbeaten in OG and WC.
    How about the so called KOR strongest pair? (the only KOR pair of any significance will be the better title IMO)..
    In OG...well, not much argument there...LYD/JJS crash and burn immediately in the 1st round. While in WC they fight it all the way to the final event, only to lose consecutively.....in the end, still no OG medals nor WC title for them...
    Please read my early posts in this thread about why this thread was created or the purpose of the thread. All other stats you can see in the media here and there.

    2009 span would be good and you can check it sufficiently in the table.

    Thanks and Enjoy~

  9. #77
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,532
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In major finals I think MK/HS will beat CY/FHF 80% of the time.
    I think they are the bogey team. And INA is just so damn good in MD.

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Please read my early posts in this thread about why this thread was created or the purpose of the thread. All other stats you can see in the media here and there.

    2009 span would be good and you can check it sufficiently in the table.

    Thanks and Enjoy~
    Why don't you check the stats, recalculate your methodology and tell us who's the strongest team currently in 2009?

    Thanks and enjoy

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why not do total wins / total matches play? I mean, if KKK/TBH are demolishing every other top pair in the world but are consistently being stopped by a japanese pairing, then they're not the best. Consistency isn't measured by wins/losses among a few pairs, but should be measured by totals....

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    Why not do total wins / total matches play? I mean, if KKK/TBH are demolishing every other top pair in the world but are consistently being stopped by a japanese pairing, then they're not the best. Consistency isn't measured by wins/losses among a few pairs, but should be measured by totals....
    Ahh but you forgot, despite what he had stated, narnia shameful agenda is to put LYD/JJS as #1...by any mean possible. The H-2-H from 2008 is the only way he can achieved this (switch that to 2009 only and even the H-2-H will fail him and LYD/JJS).

    Here's the overall record for 2009 for the top 4 MD:
    CY/FHF: 23-2 (92%)
    MK/HS: 29-5 (85.3%)
    LYD/JJS: 20-4 (83.3%)
    KKK/TBH: 37-9 (80.4%)

    As you can see...anyway you want to manipulate it (be it H-2-H, overall record, result in the field/tourney won) LYD/JJS simply are not the team that narnia tried to portray them to be in 2009.
    Lets see if the korean chaps will acknowledge that or come up with another diversion.
    Last edited by badadum; 11-02-2009 at 04:57 PM.

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice work you have done

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    Ahh but you forgot, despite what he had stated, narnia shameful agenda is to put LYD/JJS as #1...by any mean possible. The H-2-H from 2008 is the only way he can achieved this (switch that to 2009 only and even the H-2-H will fail him and LYD/JJS).

    Here's the overall record for 2009 for the top 4 MD:
    CY/FHF: 23-2 (92%)
    MK/HS: 29-5 (85.3%)
    LYD/JJS: 20-4 (83.3%)
    KKK/TBH: 37-9 (80.4%)

    As you can see...anyway you want to manipulate it (be it H-2-H, overall record, result in the field/tourney won) LYD/JJS simply are not the team that narnia tried to portray them to be in 2009.
    Lets see if the korean chaps will acknowledge that or come up with another diversion.
    Try manipulating it such that it only shows the top 4-6 pairs (as he liked, to his discretion) and u will see that Jung/Lee still come up no 1, the undisputed WORLD DOMINATOR in MD! Hurray!

  15. #83
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Try manipulating it such that it only shows the top 4-6 pairs (as he liked, to his discretion) and u will see that Jung/Lee still come up no 1, the undisputed WORLD DOMINATOR in MD! Hurray!
    When that happens, I'm sure it'll be shown again too him how ridiculous his argument is. The poor boy is a slow learner though....got hammered all the time and still repeating the same old broken record..
    Last edited by badadum; 11-02-2009 at 08:34 PM.

  16. #84
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even Abedeng mentioned that Boemoe / is top 4 MD thats means the other 3 are CY/FHF,MK/HS and KKK/TBH...as I said...LYD/JJS is going down hill to number 5 or 6..

    Nice work Badadum...We do not see LYD/JJS is on top of the world at last....

  17. #85
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    Cmon hau-ge...that's too easy.... remember that LYD/JJS never won the big tourney, and there's nothing bigger than OG and WC. Lets see their records in those tourneys since 2007 onward.

    OG stats:
    MK/HS: 4-0 (2008 OG Champ)
    CY/FHF: 3-1
    LYD/JJS: 0-1

    WC stats:
    MK/HS: 5-0 (2007 WC champ)
    CY/FHF: 7-1 (2009 WC champ)
    LYD/JJS: 9-2

    MK/HS pretty much unbeaten in OG and WC.
    How about the so called KOR strongest pair? (the only KOR pair of any significance will be the better title IMO)..
    In OG...well, not much argument there...LYD/JJS crash and burn immediately in the 1st round. While in WC they fight it all the way to the final event, only to lose consecutively.....in the end, still no OG medals nor WC title for them...
    ..The so called dominating one got beaten by UNCLE from DENMARK..thats embarrassing....

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Korea the second strongest badminton nation?
    By Wong8Egg in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008
    Replies: 41
    : 08-25-2012, 08:27 AM
  2. What is the strongest/most durable?
    By Tulsamac in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 7
    : 04-10-2007, 02:35 PM
  3. The Strongest and Most DURABLE racket?
    By truasianfx in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 21
    : 03-10-2007, 11:10 PM
  4. Strongest Danish line up in TC?
    By Cheung in forum Thomas/Uber Cups 2004
    Replies: 10
    : 05-17-2004, 10:42 PM
  5. NEWS: Strongest line-up for must-win tie against Thais
    By kwun in forum Thomas/Uber Cup 2002
    Replies: 4
    : 05-14-2002, 01:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •