Jane's knee injury

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by Mag, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Jonas,

I just read the terrible news about Jane's knee injury. That is bad news indeed. Knowing Jane, do you think she will attempt a comeback? She is still quite young, so in a sense maybe she can "afford" being out of competition for 6 months... But mentally it must be a very tough blow.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Mag,

What's the injury? how did it happen?

3. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Seems like it's an injury rather similar to Gade's.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Is that the reason Jonas is pairing up with Rikke?

Jane's injury plus the fact that Michael Sogaard isn't sure how long he'll be playing for...well, it sounds rather logical that the head coach feels it's time move the mixed partnerships around.

5. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Jane´s injury!!

Her injury is quite serious and she´ll not be able to train anymore in this year.

I talked to her and she sounded a bit down, but lets see. She is very strong mentally on this point, but it depends on how long time it will take to recover and how much risk there is for her to play badminton.

My move to play with Rikke had nothing to do with Jane´s injury. It was just a bad coincidence that Jane got injured at the same time.

Jonas

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Is there anyway I can get more information on Jane's injury, just out of personal interest?

7. JR

JR Regular Member

I don´t know!!

What do you want to know??

I don´t think she´ll be in the mood to explain her injury too much, but maybe I can ask if it´s ok to quote her on this page??

Jonas

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I'm interested in the type of injury she has.

Let's call it my special interest as I quite like to do further study in sports medicine area.

In the knee, there are various ligaments and tendons.

If you say she'll be out for 6 months, I suspect it is a tendon rupture. Anterior cruciate is the most common. If totally ruptured, then an operation is needed to replace it.

Gopichand had a serious knee injury of a similar nature(I think) but had a successful rehabilitation.

But yes, I can understand if she doesn't want to talk about it. Leave it up to you to decide if it is wise to ask for more information and the timing of such questions.

9. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    This is what I've gathered from the DBF site:

Jane had a knee operation (anterior cruciate) when she was 16, and during that operation a piece of knee cartilage "came loose". During the Indonesian Open this year, this bit of cartilage got jammed, and it had to be removed by an operation. During the operation the doctors discovered that the anterior cruciate (unsure of the term here) was damaged and extended. The cartilage damage will most likely heal, but probably not the ligaments.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

That sounds like she already had the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) repair done when 16 years old.

Musn't read too far into the report but it sounds like the ACL function is OK (because it would have been in the same condition before the Indo Open and was discovered coincidently). Then the main problem is the cartilage (at this point). So yes, rather like Gade's injury.

The rehab might take longer than Gade (the 1st time) because of the pre-existing ACL injury.

Wishing her all the best with the recovery.

11. klaphat

klaphat Regular Member

In the meantime.. Rikke Olsen will play with Ann Lou Jørgensen.. So even though I feel very bad for Jane, it seems that her partners have both found adequate substitutions..

12. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Dear Jonas,

It has been almost one year since Jane has suffered from her injury. Is she feeling a lot better? Will she make a comeback and play badminton internationally once again? Please give her our regards.

Edwin

13. JR

JR Regular Member

Jane Bramsen!!

Hi!!

It doesn´t look likely that Jane will ever compete at high level again. Her knee gives her too much trouble and she has decided to study instead as far as I know!!

It´s a real shame because I think things looked very bright for her just before she got this injury!!

I´ll definitely give her your best regards!!

Jonas