Help

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by idaj0, Jun 16, 2009.

1. idaj0

idaj0 New Member

Hi! I am having my exam tomorrow, and its about badminton. I have to know the following:

- What do you have to train to get good in badminton? (Most important muscles)
    - Training methods?
    - What kind of strength do you need? (Explosive, maximal etc)
    - What is most important - anaerobic training or aerobe training?

I really need help for this, so if anyone can give me a answer to this, or a link It would make my day! Sorry for the bad spelling, Im norwegian. If any of you have some kind of analysis of the different skills you need in badminton i would appreciate that.

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Am no expert but in my view the most important muscles in badminton are your forearms, core muscles and quads being the main three. There is also back (shoulder), triceps and chest

Best training method is shadow badminton but weight lifting such as squats etc is good to help build the muscles

Strength u would need explosive strength, sorry am not sure about al the different types but explosive I can see as bein most important

Anaerobic is more important cause it is an anaerobic sport. No point in joggin slowly for miles upon miles (aerobic) which i did, useless for badminton, 5 mins on court, I was wrecked! So am doin shadow badminton which is fast fast fast al the time (anaerobic) to get fit

Hope this helps, & hope this is rite but makes sense to me.

3. idaj0

idaj0 New Member

:)

Thank u so much!:)