User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LCW whitewashed Taufik

LCW thrashed Taufik at this year's Ina open just a few months before the world championship. HOWEVER, a smiliar situation occured back at the Mas open 2005 which was also months before the world championship 2005.

We all know what happened that time, Taufik whitewashed LCW in the semi of the WC05 even though LCW gave Taufik a big 15-0 in one set at the Mas open 2005 just a few months before.

WILL HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN? WILL TAUFIK WHITEWASH LCW IN THIS COMING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope so, but i don't think so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see from now on a verb whitewash will be a main in badminton discussions?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you actually watched the IO final, you'll see TH has very little left against elite level players. He's simply not quick enough or have the stamina to hang with the likes of LD and LCW. It saddens me to say he looked rather pedestrian.

Even with the rabid fans backing him, he barely made a dent on LCW. Plus TH is 4 years older than in 2005, so I think it's highly unlikely TH will be able to overturn LCW this time round (if they meet)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha,so cute
    well,are th in 2009 the th we knew in 2005?
    sorry,no

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My answers to both questions are..

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    LCW thrashed Taufik at this year's Ina open just a few months before the world championship. HOWEVER, a smiliar situation occured back at the Mas open 2005 which was also months before the world championship 2005.

We all know what happened that time, Taufik whitewashed LCW in the semi of the WC05 even though LCW gave Taufik a big 15-0 in one set at the Mas open 2005 just a few months before.

WILL HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN? WILL TAUFIK WHITEWASH LCW IN THIS COMING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP?
    ..a definite No & absolute No.
    Remember also, Taufik had won the S'pore Open MS title, a couple months before the 2005 WC. This yr and last yr and the yr before, Taufik has done diddly-squat except winning a handful of GP or GP Gold tourneys.
    So, it's safe to say to all the LinDan' and Datuk LCW's fans that Taufik is no longer a threat to their goal of winning and smooching that WC MS title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt get to see TH previous matches before the finals and was really surprised he even made it this far, given his finals performance with LCW; he seemed to be out of steam most of the time and he didnt seem to be able to counter LCW's jumping smashes most of the time....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TH we saw yesterday was far from the TH of WC05.
    I am glad that LCW managed to shrug off his 2nd round defeat in SO. Perhaps his win over CJ gave him extra confidence for the final and TH just had no answer to LCW's jump smashes. However during the early 2nd set, I thot LCW was going to self destruct by making many unforced errors. Luckily TH didnt managed to take advantage of his big lead.
    I would say WC09 still belongs to either LCW or LD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH still facing stamina problems.......he has to play BP,...PG....SDK before LCW....he was worn out before reched final......

If he able to overcome his stamina problems.........maybe....!

If he able to bring back his old self like 2005,.....he can beat LD......if they meet...in WC 09............but is that possible...?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post

lAST TIME.YOU CALLED A "JERK" TO START THE THREAD lcw WHITEWHASH ld" NOW YOU START THIS THREAD...ARE YOU A JERK' NOW?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless there is a great transformation in TH's game and fitness, I doubt TH can come close to LCW at the forthcoming WC in India.

Indeed TH looked rather 'pedestrian' yesterday and it was painful to see him in such a plight! He was just a second too slow and his defence was not good enough against a fit and quick player like LCW now. His lifts and clears were too shallow to allow LCW to 'kill' them at ease.

Perhaps LCW has been taught a lesson during his recent loss to Vietnam's NTM at the SIN SS not to take things for granted and if he could continue with this kind of display against TH yesterday and improve further, LCW will stand a very good chance to be crowned World Champion to justify his World No.1 ranking.

It would seem that LD could stand in his way. But LD lost to compatriot CJ in the QF who in turn was confidently disposed of by LCW during the SF 21-15, 22-20. LD was thought by some to have been injured during the rubber, so if LD could recover in time, sparks will fly if the two should meet in the WC final.

LCW must reassure himself that he can do it and dispel all thoughts on his habitual weak mental strength. He should concentrate on video recordings of how CJ beat LD recently to motivate and inspire his own confidence.

But I would also not discount BCL, the recent SIN SS champion, who had to forgo the INA SS to seek help on his injured knee. A fully fit BCL will pose a danger to all WC aspirants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    lAST TIME.YOU CALLED A "JERK" TO START THE THREAD lcw WHITEWHASH ld" NOW YOU START THIS THREAD...ARE YOU A JERK' NOW?

as long as he is doing something that is against Boleh fans
    he will be happy and think he is right....
    let him be....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for reminding him.................

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aiya,why tell/remind him?
    let he live in his own world,he happy,then ok

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Keep off the jerky posts, folks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Indeed TH looked rather 'pedestrian' yesterday and it was painful to see him in such a plight! He was just a second too slow and his defence was not good enough against a fit and quick player like LCW now. His lifts and clears were too shallow to allow LCW to 'kill' them at ease.
    I did not get to watch the match (yet) but am saddened by the scores. It was something I sort of expected given his rather long match with PG but still disappointed nevertheless. I was hoping for the INA crowd give TH a boost to at least put up a reasonable fight.

I'm not too hopeful for TH at WC after seeing CJ and BCL at SO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    I did not get to watch the match (yet) but am saddened by the scores. It was something I sort of expected given his rather long match with PG but still disappointed nevertheless. I was hoping for the INA crowd give TH a boost to at least put up a reasonable fight.

I'm not too hopeful for TH at WC after seeing CJ and BCL at SO.
    Yup, it is quite sad cos I always remebered TH as some young prodigy with all the trick shots years back...of course he is older now but to see in the finals how he doesnt seem to have any answers to LCW's play, it is a bit disheartening.....anyways, how old is TH??

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast