LCW whitewashed Taufik

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by bananakid, Jun 21, 2009.

1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    LCW thrashed Taufik at this year's Ina open just a few months before the world championship. HOWEVER, a smiliar situation occured back at the Mas open 2005 which was also months before the world championship 2005.

We all know what happened that time, Taufik whitewashed LCW in the semi of the WC05 even though LCW gave Taufik a big 15-0 in one set at the Mas open 2005 just a few months before.

WILL HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN? WILL TAUFIK WHITEWASH LCW IN THIS COMING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP?:confused:

2. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

i hope so, but i don't think so

3. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    i see from now on a verb whitewash will be a main in badminton discussions?

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

If you actually watched the IO final, you'll see TH has very little left against elite level players. He's simply not quick enough or have the stamina to hang with the likes of LD and LCW. It saddens me to say he looked rather pedestrian.

Even with the rabid fans backing him, he barely made a dent on LCW. Plus TH is 4 years older than in 2005, so I think it's highly unlikely TH will be able to overturn LCW this time round (if they meet)

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha,so cute
    well,are th in 2009 the th we knew in 2005?
    sorry,no

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My answers to both questions are..

..a definite No & absolute No.
    Remember also, Taufik had won the S'pore Open MS title, a couple months before the 2005 WC. This yr and last yr and the yr before, Taufik has done diddly-squat except winning a handful of GP or GP Gold tourneys.
    So, it's safe to say to all the LinDan' and Datuk LCW's fans that Taufik is no longer a threat to their goal of winning and smooching that WC MS title.:cool:

7. szekt

szekt Regular Member

I didnt get to see TH previous matches before the finals and was really surprised he even made it this far, given his finals performance with LCW; he seemed to be out of steam most of the time and he didnt seem to be able to counter LCW's jumping smashes most of the time....:D

8. markchan

markchan Regular Member

The TH we saw yesterday was far from the TH of WC05.
    I am glad that LCW managed to shrug off his 2nd round defeat in SO. Perhaps his win over CJ gave him extra confidence for the final and TH just had no answer to LCW's jump smashes. However during the early 2nd set, I thot LCW was going to self destruct by making many unforced errors. Luckily TH didnt managed to take advantage of his big lead.
    I would say WC09 still belongs to either LCW or LD.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

TH still facing stamina problems.......he has to play BP,...PG....SDK before LCW....he was worn out before reched final......

If he able to overcome his stamina problems.........maybe....!

If he able to bring back his old self like 2005,.....he can beat LD......if they meet...in WC 09............but is that possible...?

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    lAST TIME.YOU CALLED A "JERK" TO START THE THREAD lcw WHITEWHASH ld" NOW YOU START THIS THREAD...ARE YOU A JERK' NOW?

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Unless there is a great transformation in TH's game and fitness, I doubt TH can come close to LCW at the forthcoming WC in India.

Indeed TH looked rather 'pedestrian' yesterday and it was painful to see him in such a plight! He was just a second too slow and his defence was not good enough against a fit and quick player like LCW now. His lifts and clears were too shallow to allow LCW to 'kill' them at ease.

Perhaps LCW has been taught a lesson during his recent loss to Vietnam's NTM at the SIN SS not to take things for granted and if he could continue with this kind of display against TH yesterday and improve further, LCW will stand a very good chance to be crowned World Champion to justify his World No.1 ranking.

It would seem that LD could stand in his way. But LD lost to compatriot CJ in the QF who in turn was confidently disposed of by LCW during the SF 21-15, 22-20. LD was thought by some to have been injured during the rubber, so if LD could recover in time, sparks will fly if the two should meet in the WC final.

LCW must reassure himself that he can do it and dispel all thoughts on his habitual weak mental strength. He should concentrate on video recordings of how CJ beat LD recently to motivate and inspire his own confidence.

But I would also not discount BCL, the recent SIN SS champion, who had to forgo the INA SS to seek help on his injured knee. A fully fit BCL will pose a danger to all WC aspirants! :)

12. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

as long as he is doing something that is against Boleh fans
    he will be happy and think he is right....:cool::cool:
    let him be....

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Thank you for reminding him.................:D:D

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    aiya,why tell/remind him?:confused:
    let he live in his own world,he happy,then ok:p

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Keep off the jerky posts, folks :(

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I did not get to watch the match (yet) but am saddened by the scores. It was something I sort of expected given his rather long match with PG but still disappointed nevertheless. I was hoping for the INA crowd give TH a boost to at least put up a reasonable fight.

I'm not too hopeful for TH at WC after seeing CJ and BCL at SO.

17. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Yup, it is quite sad cos I always remebered TH as some young prodigy with all the trick shots years back...of course he is older now but to see in the finals how he doesnt seem to have any answers to LCW's play, it is a bit disheartening.....anyways, how old is TH??:confused:

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Taufik's last hurrah??..

..TH was born in August of 1981, so they say. So, that'll make him 28 yrs young this coming August. Could be older...
    ..was LinDan injured in the 3rd game of his match vs. Chen Jin?? I haven't read such account..:confused:
    ..well, he has roughly less than 2 months to prepare. Full fitness training starts with the M'sia GP Gold, then followed by the Bay Badminton Challenge (in S.F.), followed by the U.S. Open...;):cool:

#18 ctjcad, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  19. juniarto

juniarto Regular Member

manager
    I Think will be very tough for TH to compete with Lin Dan or LCW for next years. I know he's still the best for skill ( his stroke very amazing ), but he is not a hard worker player, lazy to train his stamina ( you saw that his speed, stamina turn down over and over ). I hope his agreement with Yonex about his apparel brand with pump up his motivation. TH's enemy was not LCW or LD, but himself.

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think TH's target is WC 09............he will work very hard to WC.....

If he does,....