YOUHE brand : S500 or Y200

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by ToyotaLexus, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ToyotaLexus

ToyotaLexus New Member

Currently I am using following 3 Shuttlecocks for club games, all of which I am satisfied with for their cost performance:).
    Black Knight 6700 US$15.20
    Aeroplane Red Label SG1130 US$18.70
    Wilson Topline 80 US$17.20

Now I'm thinking to try Chinese Brand “YOUHE” and considering these two to buy or not:(:
    S200 (Duck)US$12.95 (sale price from list price $22) or
    Y500 (Goose)US$14.95 (List price $18)

Does anyone “in USA” have experiences using the YOUHE shuttlecocks and good impression against my current ones ?
    Thank you in advance for your advice.TM

2. Henrylee1999

Henrylee1999 New Member

Self Employed
    Youhe,Ningbo City,zhejiang china is the manufacturer for Yonex. All Yonex shuttles are produced by Youhe in china where Yonex does not own a factory.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  4. hola4

hola4 Regular Member

I had tested Youhe top grade shuttlecock S100 which they also claim to manufacture for Yonex. After testing the shuttlecock, I think those shuttlecock can't ever match Yonex AS40. Just be caution of what those suppliers claim to be. :)

5. ToyotaLexus

ToyotaLexus New Member

YOUHE S500 & Tronex Green

Thanks Henry,Lazy& hola4,

I have decided to buy <YOUHE S500> and <TRONEX Green USD17.95>. While I used them just a couple of times, I am satisfied with both for now. I need more time to decide which one is best cost-performance out of 5.

I bought mine via internet sites : Shuttles.com/Badminton Warehouse/Badminton Alley. I prefer choose "Special Deal" every time. So my paid prices may not be same as current ones:eek:.

DinkAlot's review is great but shame the test date is too old for some Shuttlecocks.
    I didn't know Youhe Ningbo makes Yonex Shuttles:eek:. Good to know, thanks Henry;).

6. Henrylee1999

Henrylee1999 New Member

Self Employed
    Yonex shuttles is oem by Nanjing Youhe,china for sure.

99% of badminton players will judge the quality of shuttles by its brands only ,actually they are wrong.

Materials of Grade A means is always better than Grade B's unless you buy Grade A's during dry winter then its durability may be worst than Grade B. I know how to differentiate the different grades of shuttlecocks.

If you play with grade A(goose) shuttles of Brand X that you havent heard before then compare with yonex as30 (grade B goose) ,then you will simply say Brand X sucks,right?

If i remove the labels of these shuttles,then do you know how to differentiate them?

Shuttles of DTL,DHS,and RSL owned by the same owner(Mr Zhou Tong He,6 feet ++ tall,from hong kong who had been staying in UK for a few 10 years before),their shuttles are produced by the same manufacturer in Nanjing,china. Now Nanjing Yuxiang produces shuttles for them,owner is Zhang Jian Qiang(son of yuxiang's founder) who is a young guy just graduated with MBA from US university a few years ago.

Do you know that the owners of Protech,Apacs,Fleet and Pro Ace are relatives in Johor state,Malaysia? Their shuttles are from the same manufacturer also.

Do you know that SnowPeak,Sealion,Sam Hwa are produced by the same manufacturer in Shaoxing,zhejiang,china?

Do you know the difference between these?
    No,right? But i know.

Every shuttle's manufacturer has their unique gum recipe to apply to strings and corks. You can smell them with your nose,then tell me the difference.
    If you find that rsl,dtl and dhs have the same smell then they are from the same manufacturer for sure.

Please ask me more questions about shuttles. i will answer you when i am free.

7. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

it doesnt matter who makes what, let the shuttle speak for itself

besides RSL's main plant is not in Nanjing

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    From the same manufacture does not mean anything, otherwise, you can say AS10 is the same as AS50.

Like I mentioned in another thread, the key factor for product quality is the QC, not who is the assembler. In the same shuttle factory, you might have hundreds if not thousands of workers, whose products will all under the samen brand, and please do not tell me everyone has the same workmanship standard. Then, here's where QC kicks in. Regardless who's the assembler, QC is the one determine which grade it belongs to.

Therefore, many manufacture can claim they are OEM for another famous brand, while their own brand of product is not very impressive at all. Reason is, the ones under reputabl brand going through strict QC process, while their own brand may not go through the same. Therefore, more lower quality product may to flowing into the market shelf.

9. hola4

hola4 Regular Member

All professional shuttlecock manufacturers that secure big business from any famous brands have agreement with confidential disclosure. Manufacturer like this would not take risk to tell potential customers just to secure 500 dzns order. There are many suppliers claim to manufacture for X brands and what prove have they shown? One Question. Has anyone visit [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Nanjing Youhe in China and personally see them producing YY shuttlecocks? If not, please don't disclose they are YY OEM. In additional, Snowpeak oem for many brands and this is so open for years. Family related business is common nowadays.......[/FONT]

10. ToyotaLexus

ToyotaLexus New Member

Hola, Lazy and Henry,

Thank you for the posts but what I want to know here is about YOUHE Shuttlecocks testing experiences (in USA 2009 !).

The story about OEM in China, Family business or QC is not what I want to know HERE although they are very interesting. And I do not want this thread is too long because of derailed subjects.:(

Family business/OEM in China stories should be posted independently because they are really interesting and many other non-YOUHE users must be interested in them, but not here. ;)

If you can make/post database of "which brands/OEM and grades are connecting each other behind" , it might be helpful for everybody to choose shuttlecock(but not here:D).
    Thanks,