Addicted!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Balcyboy, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Balcyboy

Balcyboy New Member

Education
    Okay so i posted a few days ago asking for some help and guidance, if you would of told me how addicting badminton is i probably wouldn't of played! lol, i'm starting to play with my girlfriend around 3-6 times a week, basically just any time we can.

But there's just a few things i'd like to ask,

How to take serves! For some reason i can never get it right, it always hits the net or doesn't go in the designated box! I think it's possibly because i always take them in a hurry.

Another is i'm having a real hard time finding coaching in my area, is there a website which you can get all the information off?

Until then i'll just carry on browsing you guys post, and seeing how you do it :D

2. dazednconfused

dazednconfused Regular Member

If you're in Leicester, check out the Leicestershire county website for details on coaching:
    http://www.lbabadminton.org/
    Looks like there's some information on coaching there, or you could email their coaching secretary (click on "LBA Committee").

3. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
  4. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    I'd definitely recommend joining a club - you'll improve much more quickly, plus it's just nice to meet and play with different people, and in a slightly more competitive environment.

Anyway, this looks like a good place to start:
    http://www.lbabadminton.org/

You could also talk to your Badminton England "Regional Development Officer" - ours in Cornwall is very helpful and knowledgeable :)