Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can Chun Seang Do It??

Friday June 26, 2009, The Star

Chong Wei challenges Chun Seang to rise to the occasion

REPORTS by RAJES PAUL

MALAYSIA’s world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has thrown a challenge to younger compatriot Tan Chun Seang to get into the men’s singles semi-finals of the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold championships at Bandaraya Stadium.
    The duo together with veteran Wong Choong Hann were the three Malaysians who won their third round matches yesterday to advance to the quarter-finals.
    Top seed and Indonesia Open champion Lee Chong Wei displayed great show of craft at the net and ruthless smashes to beat China’s Zhou Wenlong 21-18, 21-4 in 30 minutes.
    He could have finished off Wenlong even quicker if not for a flurry of mistakes in the first game when he was leading 17-12.
    “I gave away many points at that stage but they were minor setbacks. There is nothing to be worried about. I feel quite confident of my game thus far and I don’t see any problem clearing my quarter-final match,” said Chong Wei, who will play against former Asian junior champion Tago Kenichi of Japan today.
    Chong Wei was happy to see elite back-up shuttler Chun Seang also making it to the quarter-finals. Chun Seang defeated former national player Yeoh Kay Bin 21-16, 21-13.
    The world No. 75, who is gunning for a first semi-final appearance in an Open tournament since joining the national team in 2004, will take on China’s Chen Long.
    The 21-year-old Chen Long, who sent second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia packing in the first round, continued his march with an easy 21-5, 21-11 win over India’s Arvind Bhat in the third round yesterday.
    “I am pleased to see at least one of our back-up boys making it this far,” said Chong Wei. “But I will be happier if Chun Seang can get into the semi-finals. This is a chance for him to rise to the occasion and I hope he will pull it off.
    “Chun Seang is looking more confident after making it to the team for the Sudirman Cup (world mixed team championships in Guangzhou in May). It was a good experience for him there.”
    Choong Hann defeated Kuan Beng Hong 21-19, 21-16 to advance to a tricky quarter-final match against China’s back-up player Gao Huan.
    The other quarter-final match today is between Indonesian Andre Kurniawan Tedjono and Hu Yun of Hong Kong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For a second..

..(upon reading this thread's title) i thought Chun Seang had changed his last name from "Tan" to "Can"...
    Can do what?? Win the MS title??..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..(upon reading this thread's title) i thought Chun Seang had changed his last name from "Tan" to "Can"...
    Can do what?? Win the MS title??..

either you cannot understand the newspaper article or you didnt read it....... LCW hope TCS can at least reach Semi of Msia GP...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tan chun seang will play agaisnt chen long later..
    let's see what will happen.. i think the chinese holds the upper hand..
    i think it will end up as the same story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Five years ago who will think LCW can be ranked world no1? CS or CL can be champion of future, both are talented player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yyclub View Post
    Five years ago who will think LCW can be ranked world no1? CS or CL can be champion of future, both are talented player.
    Yes, U r right....

but at present, CL is still way better than TCS....just hope TCS to steal one game off CL.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree CL still better than CS
    CL is physically bigger and more confident than CS
    not to mention better fitness

lets hope younger players like iskandar, ckb, darren can improve to be world class player soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yes, he can !!

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    Friday June 26, 2009, The Star

Chong Wei challenges Chun Seang to rise to the occasion

REPORTS by RAJES PAUL

MALAYSIA’s world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has thrown a challenge to younger compatriot Tan Chun Seang to get into the men’s singles semi-finals of the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold championships at Bandaraya Stadium.
    The duo together with veteran Wong Choong Hann were the three Malaysians who won their third round matches yesterday to advance to the quarter-finals.
    Top seed and Indonesia Open champion Lee Chong Wei displayed great show of craft at the net and ruthless smashes to beat China’s Zhou Wenlong 21-18, 21-4 in 30 minutes.
    He could have finished off Wenlong even quicker if not for a flurry of mistakes in the first game when he was leading 17-12.
    “I gave away many points at that stage but they were minor setbacks. There is nothing to be worried about. I feel quite confident of my game thus far and I don’t see any problem clearing my quarter-final match,” said Chong Wei, who will play against former Asian junior champion Tago Kenichi of Japan today.
    Chong Wei was happy to see elite back-up shuttler Chun Seang also making it to the quarter-finals. Chun Seang defeated former national player Yeoh Kay Bin 21-16, 21-13.
    The world No. 75, who is gunning for a first semi-final appearance in an Open tournament since joining the national team in 2004, will take on China’s Chen Long.
    The 21-year-old Chen Long, who sent second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia packing in the first round, continued his march with an easy 21-5, 21-11 win over India’s Arvind Bhat in the third round yesterday.
    “I am pleased to see at least one of our back-up boys making it this far,” said Chong Wei. “But I will be happier if Chun Seang can get into the semi-finals. This is a chance for him to rise to the occasion and I hope he will pull it off.
    “Chun Seang is looking more confident after making it to the team for the Sudirman Cup (world mixed team championships in Guangzhou in May). It was a good experience for him there.”
    Choong Hann defeated Kuan Beng Hong 21-19, 21-16 to advance to a tricky quarter-final match against China’s back-up player Gao Huan.
    The other quarter-final match today is between Indonesian Andre Kurniawan Tedjono and Hu Yun of Hong Kong.
    I have the feeling TCS is going to prove once and for all, he is the front man amongst the back up players. CL is not easy to beat, he hates to lose and is mentally tough. Both Taufik and LCW tried to put in extra miles towards the last few points but CL survived the onslaught. Still, I pick TCS to do it tonight in 3 sets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Yes, U r right....

but at present, CL is still way better than TCS....just hope TCS to steal one game off CL.........
    Dream comes true...TCS steal one game..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simonlovers View Post
    Dream comes true...TCS steal one game..
    Good for him and his badminton career..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flying kangaroo View Post
    Still, I pick TCS to do it tonight in 3 sets.
    Unfortunately it was CL who did it in 3 sets. Still, I think TCS has done well to stretch CL. He must interact with LCW more, make LCW his inspiration. He is our next best hope for the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wong chung han please BEAT CL !! i want a malaysian event !! MAS VS MAS what a match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure he can do it..
    i will always support him in my heart^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately Tan C S was beaten...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he put up a good fight ... give the chinese a run for their money

i just hope WCH can fight ....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, at least he did gave chen long a run for his money..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TCS has been lost

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast