User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 30
  1. #1
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Can Chun Seang Do It??

    Friday June 26, 2009, The Star

    Chong Wei challenges Chun Seang to rise to the occasion

    REPORTS by RAJES PAUL

    MALAYSIA’s world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has thrown a challenge to younger compatriot Tan Chun Seang to get into the men’s singles semi-finals of the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold championships at Bandaraya Stadium.
    The duo together with veteran Wong Choong Hann were the three Malaysians who won their third round matches yesterday to advance to the quarter-finals.
    Top seed and Indonesia Open champion Lee Chong Wei displayed great show of craft at the net and ruthless smashes to beat China’s Zhou Wenlong 21-18, 21-4 in 30 minutes.
    He could have finished off Wenlong even quicker if not for a flurry of mistakes in the first game when he was leading 17-12.
    “I gave away many points at that stage but they were minor setbacks. There is nothing to be worried about. I feel quite confident of my game thus far and I don’t see any problem clearing my quarter-final match,” said Chong Wei, who will play against former Asian junior champion Tago Kenichi of Japan today.
    Chong Wei was happy to see elite back-up shuttler Chun Seang also making it to the quarter-finals. Chun Seang defeated former national player Yeoh Kay Bin 21-16, 21-13.
    The world No. 75, who is gunning for a first semi-final appearance in an Open tournament since joining the national team in 2004, will take on China’s Chen Long.
    The 21-year-old Chen Long, who sent second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia packing in the first round, continued his march with an easy 21-5, 21-11 win over India’s Arvind Bhat in the third round yesterday.
    “I am pleased to see at least one of our back-up boys making it this far,” said Chong Wei. “But I will be happier if Chun Seang can get into the semi-finals. This is a chance for him to rise to the occasion and I hope he will pull it off.
    “Chun Seang is looking more confident after making it to the team for the Sudirman Cup (world mixed team championships in Guangzhou in May). It was a good experience for him there.”
    Choong Hann defeated Kuan Beng Hong 21-19, 21-16 to advance to a tricky quarter-final match against China’s back-up player Gao Huan.
    The other quarter-final match today is between Indonesian Andre Kurniawan Tedjono and Hu Yun of Hong Kong.

  2. #2
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default For a second..

    ..(upon reading this thread's title) i thought Chun Seang had changed his last name from "Tan" to "Can"...
    Can do what?? Win the MS title??..

  3. #3
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..(upon reading this thread's title) i thought Chun Seang had changed his last name from "Tan" to "Can"...
    Can do what?? Win the MS title??..

    either you cannot understand the newspaper article or you didnt read it....... LCW hope TCS can at least reach Semi of Msia GP...

  4. #4
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tan chun seang will play agaisnt chen long later..
    let's see what will happen.. i think the chinese holds the upper hand..
    i think it will end up as the same story

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    rising sun
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Five years ago who will think LCW can be ranked world no1? CS or CL can be champion of future, both are talented player.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyclub View Post
    Five years ago who will think LCW can be ranked world no1? CS or CL can be champion of future, both are talented player.
    Yes, U r right....

    but at present, CL is still way better than TCS....just hope TCS to steal one game off CL.........

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i agree CL still better than CS
    CL is physically bigger and more confident than CS
    not to mention better fitness

    lets hope younger players like iskandar, ckb, darren can improve to be world class player soon

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yes, he can !!

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    Friday June 26, 2009, The Star

    Chong Wei challenges Chun Seang to rise to the occasion

    REPORTS by RAJES PAUL

    MALAYSIA’s world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has thrown a challenge to younger compatriot Tan Chun Seang to get into the men’s singles semi-finals of the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold championships at Bandaraya Stadium.
    The duo together with veteran Wong Choong Hann were the three Malaysians who won their third round matches yesterday to advance to the quarter-finals.
    Top seed and Indonesia Open champion Lee Chong Wei displayed great show of craft at the net and ruthless smashes to beat China’s Zhou Wenlong 21-18, 21-4 in 30 minutes.
    He could have finished off Wenlong even quicker if not for a flurry of mistakes in the first game when he was leading 17-12.
    “I gave away many points at that stage but they were minor setbacks. There is nothing to be worried about. I feel quite confident of my game thus far and I don’t see any problem clearing my quarter-final match,” said Chong Wei, who will play against former Asian junior champion Tago Kenichi of Japan today.
    Chong Wei was happy to see elite back-up shuttler Chun Seang also making it to the quarter-finals. Chun Seang defeated former national player Yeoh Kay Bin 21-16, 21-13.
    The world No. 75, who is gunning for a first semi-final appearance in an Open tournament since joining the national team in 2004, will take on China’s Chen Long.
    The 21-year-old Chen Long, who sent second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia packing in the first round, continued his march with an easy 21-5, 21-11 win over India’s Arvind Bhat in the third round yesterday.
    “I am pleased to see at least one of our back-up boys making it this far,” said Chong Wei. “But I will be happier if Chun Seang can get into the semi-finals. This is a chance for him to rise to the occasion and I hope he will pull it off.
    “Chun Seang is looking more confident after making it to the team for the Sudirman Cup (world mixed team championships in Guangzhou in May). It was a good experience for him there.”
    Choong Hann defeated Kuan Beng Hong 21-19, 21-16 to advance to a tricky quarter-final match against China’s back-up player Gao Huan.
    The other quarter-final match today is between Indonesian Andre Kurniawan Tedjono and Hu Yun of Hong Kong.
    I have the feeling TCS is going to prove once and for all, he is the front man amongst the back up players. CL is not easy to beat, he hates to lose and is mentally tough. Both Taufik and LCW tried to put in extra miles towards the last few points but CL survived the onslaught. Still, I pick TCS to do it tonight in 3 sets.

  9. #9
    Regular Member simonlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    3,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Yes, U r right....

    but at present, CL is still way better than TCS....just hope TCS to steal one game off CL.........
    Dream comes true...TCS steal one game..

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simonlovers View Post
    Dream comes true...TCS steal one game..
    Good for him and his badminton career..........

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flying kangaroo View Post
    Still, I pick TCS to do it tonight in 3 sets.
    Unfortunately it was CL who did it in 3 sets. Still, I think TCS has done well to stretch CL. He must interact with LCW more, make LCW his inspiration. He is our next best hope for the moment.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wong chung han please BEAT CL !! i want a malaysian event !! MAS VS MAS what a match

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sure he can do it..
    i will always support him in my heart^^

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    unfortunately Tan C S was beaten...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    he put up a good fight ... give the chinese a run for their money

    i just hope WCH can fight ....

  16. #16
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes, at least he did gave chen long a run for his money..

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jakarta-Indonesia
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TCS has been lost

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tan Chun Seang
    By Loh in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 479
    : 07-24-2013, 03:37 AM
  2. Tan Chun Seang returns
    By krizlid98 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 10-13-2009, 12:48 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    : 09-15-2009, 05:25 AM
  4. Now, singles shuttler Chun Seang is hurt!
    By ixory in forum South East Asian Games 2007 - Badminton
    Replies: 11
    : 12-08-2007, 08:33 PM
  5. bao chun lai
    By cyling in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 8
    : 05-23-2004, 08:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •