How to make use a training Racket?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by alexkho, Jun 27, 2009.

1. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    Question how do you train with a training racket . it's heavy ... and alot of shot i can't do with it ... if that is so how can i make my stroke stronger?

2. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I think you are suppose to do strokes with the racquet. The weight is there to help you train your muscles required to do badminton. However, make sure you do not do smash with a training racquet too much as it will damage your shoulder badly. Also, incorrect technique will lead to injuries as well.

3. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    What weight training racket do you have???
    Or are you talking about a squash racket??? Either way the weight is about the same and training is the difference....You can not train with squash racket the same as with real badminton training racket...:)

4. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Yeah just practice strokes with it , do shadow - work with your training racket.

Some people warm-up with it.Just try not to overdo it because this can cause injuries.

5. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

I'd recommend against doing that. The initial knock-up should be gentle: it's not a training exercise, but rather a way of getting your body and mind ready to play (or ready to train).

(Note that "warm-up" and "knock-up" are different. The warm-up should come first.)

You can incorporate the training racket into a training session, after you are properly warmed-up. You can hit any shot with a training racket, but it tends to be especially good for short-action shots such as smash defence, net kills, and half-court drives.

An alternative is to use a normal racket, but with the head cover on. This is particularly effective at teaching you to use a short, sharp swing (great for net kills).

6. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Sorry yes I mean't knock-up. But as Gollum said , before you knock-up you should warm-up!

7. neogenesus

neogenesus Regular Member

student
    Just use a racket with it's head cover for training. It won't strained your arm muscle like squash racket do and the faster you swing the racket, the higher the resistance it will be (air resistance). For shadowing, squash racket is preferable because usually you don't swing hard with your racket and rather focusing on your footwork.

8. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    i trying to figure out a training routine for some club member to make sure of a 130gram training racket . my problem is here i can't even swing it properly for anything.my clear is weak with it and my drop is bad and i can't even serve with it so just wondering how to make sure of the training racket the proper way of using it.

9. neogenesus

neogenesus Regular Member

student
    You might want to strengthening your arm first before trying to use that racket to play. Get an empty wine bottle and filled it up with water or sand, start moving your wrist back and forth assist with your left hand if it is too heavy and do it slowly. Do push ups to strengthening your upper body strength.

10. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    Since you have the racket and just want to learn to use it then start this way...
    BE CAREFUL WHILE TRAINING....A SHARP PAIN IS A DANGER SIGN...STOP

The first time you train you should hold to the top of the grip to lessen the force needed to move the racket...

1...Use it for your training reps on clears and when you feel tired stop...
    Wait 5 min and continue until your arm feels tight then stop...
    The next day your forearm muscle should be sore....if not then train
    longer...if you dont get sore then you are not gaining much...
    2...Do normal shadow drills and footwork drills with it...
    Even use it while resting...slowly swinging back and forth...
    3...As you get stronger then you can include playing games with it...This is where you get the most benefit...All of the other stuff you can do with a headcover or squash racket...
    But playing a regular game is where it is at...This aspect works all the tiny muscles involved in each shot...
    Use of the training racket improved all aspects of my game and this was after 3 years of training and 5 years of playing...
    This is the most important racket you can invest in to improve your game...
    You can spend 400usd for a LiNing racket and it wont improve your game...But the training racket will improve your game...and at 10% of the cost...:D

#10 Karakalkat, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009