Is it illegal to change shirts?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Harrison6ft2, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Harrison6ft2

Harrison6ft2 Regular Member

Is it illegal to change shirts after a set? i.e. I take off my sweaty shirt and put on a new one to play in the second set.

2. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    err.. yes... professional players do that all the time..

3. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    its perfectly fine to change shirts, for some tournaments though in doubles/mixed you and your parter need to match in matches. some tournaments it starts later on in the draw that its "manditory" (depending on the level of the tournament, but all that info is on the BWF site under their rules/regulations for tournament apperal) but thats the only case that you might run into trouble if you dont have the same color shirt or another of the same shirt to change into.

other than that well its perfectly fine to change your shirt inbetween sets. you might even be able to get away with changing it at the break at 11 points if you really really needed to.

4. Harrison6ft2

Harrison6ft2 Regular Member

The thought suddenly came up to me so that's why I decided to ask. But what about for high school .vs. high school badminton games? I'm a bit worried my opponent would complain a bit or my coach would tell me it's not allowed in HS.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I can't see any cause for complaint myself no matter what the level of play - changing a shirt is in no way advantageous in the sense of interfering with the opponent's play (unless you change into a shirt that has sequins on it that might reflect into his/her eyes:rolleyes:). Even different colours seem fine in professional settings.

Believe me, if I could afford to I'd change shirts after every single game, and we have seven or eight per session...

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Similiar question: Is it legal to put a small towel in the pocket? So many times the players ask to use towel but the referee refused. If they have a small towel in the pocket, they can take it out and wipe their face and arm between points.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Why not wear sweatbands on your wrists? That would help.

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

It does - I'm a specs wearer and the odd swipt across the forehead really keeps my vision clear. Not many pros use them, but I seem to remember Lee Wan Wah doing so.

We don't want our sport turning into tennis, where they'll towel down even after a faulted serve:mad:.

9. kooixh

kooixh Regular Member

student
    yes it is ok to change shirt