User Tag List

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pressure and competition in CHN,esp WS, is simply crazy. Almost every year a new player emerges to challenge the existing ones who mostly haven't even established themselves comfortably yet. The slightest "mistake", the slackening of form a tad too long, even for injury which is nobody's fault, and you're struggling to stay alive in the national team. You need more than just skills but also a strong and brave heart to last long in CHN.

Poor Shixian is just 23 yrs old (?) and we are talking as if it's all over for her. I believe not, her stroke, defensive, deceptive play is special, even unique, and worth learning from - and she just have to work on what's glaringly missing in her arsenal which is for her to acquire and when she does,she will shake the badminton world again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor WSX. Nobody talked about how she fought back from 16-20 to win the second game. If the third game was 21-19 instead of 19-21, she would have been a super-hero right now just like WYH in the UC final.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    Poor WSX. Nobody talked about how she fought back from 16-20 to win the second game. If the third game was 21-19 instead of 19-21, she would have been a super-hero right now just like WYH in the UC final.
    Have to agree with you,the amazing fight back in G2 and the narrow defeat in the rubber. What a fine line dividing superhero from "superflop". But to me she's never a flop and she will emerge stronger in the near future.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    so much pressure as professional, not like leisure where there are lotta pleasure...
    Well yes, but you don't get world champions and players who can give you top-5 consistency for over a number of years so easily; not even in China! The CBA usually do a good job with nurturing their top, most valuable players, but I can't keep help feeling they somehow screwed up huge on WSX.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the percentage for her to qualify for OG2012 is slowly decreasing as time goes by...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we going to see another XXF in WSX - dominate WS after not able to go to Olympics 8 years ago?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never felt so bad for a Chinese player before... among'st the Chinese I like her the most. Too bad there had to be a loser in the epic quarter final in IO. I saw that match, it was amazing and awe inspiring. I am an Indian and any given day I would root for an Indian player or a non-chinese, WSX and Zhao Yunlie/ Qing Tian and Lin Dan will be an exception. They are my favorite Chinese players. I hope she gets selected for OG. She's such a talented kid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope WSX will take the positive things out of this loss to Saina. Even though she lost I think she was doing the right things in the end and it was indeed a great match. The longer the match progressed she became more and more willing to use her smash and she hit some nice ones too. I don't think she will ever be a great smasher, it doesn't come naturally to her. But she must learn to not be afraid to use it and she can go for placement rather than power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would Wang Lin (who was supposed to be selected in the Olympics btw had she not ruptured her knee) tell Wang Shixian to comfort her ?

Wang Lin: Walao; consider yourself lucky to play in the top flight. I am still recovering from my injury and still far from my best form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Shixian you do have a strong character to take the outcome in stride. Good on you girl.

She will be watching the three competing in London from TV. Well she has Jiang Yanjiao, Wang Lin, Liu Xin (allegedly one of her best friends) and Han Li to accompany her in the TV room LOL!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WSX just have to acquire the one shot - an effective smash - and we'll see her in Rio Olympics 2016, her defensive stroke play and deception are her forte,second to none. If LXR learns some deceptive shots from WSX, she will be even more formidable coupled with her already sharp,powerful attacking style.

As for this Olympics,WSX still have to be in London as reserve and sparring partner until the start of the games. Don't worry,this setback may galvanize WSX to greater heights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    WSX just have to acquire the one shot - an effective smash - and we'll see her in Rio Olympics 2016, her defensive stroke play and deception are her forte,second to none. If LXR learns some deceptive shots from WSX, she will be even more formidable coupled with her already sharp,powerful attacking style.

As for this Olympics,WSX still have to be in London as reserve and sparring partner until the start of the games. Don't worry,this setback may galvanize WSX to greater heights.
    No way WSX will act as reserve. It is as though her fate has been set to wait for the next Olympic edition.

But hey I am more than happy to wait because China has successfully won the Olympic gold in three different continents : Asia; Europe and Oceania. Who knows WSX will be the fated one to help China win it in the fourth continent; South America.

I have feeling Brazil Olympics 2016 will be a grand one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, she is only 22 this year. She along with Wang Yihan have 6/7 good years ahead of them.

Looking forward to a new WSX:

Wang Shixian: The Next Dimension

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will make a video tribute to express my support for her .

Do not give up and chin up WSX ! Be ready in few hours :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is history. A price she has to pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    She is history. A price she has to pay.
    You are so wrong. She missed the boat but she is not out yet. The scenario will give her opportunities to prove herself in other major tournaments.

LXR will be in a bigger sh!t if she fails to deliver at least one medal. Of course I do not want that to happen.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    You are so wrong. She missed the boat but she is not out yet. The scenario will give her opportunities to prove herself in other major tournaments.

LXR will be in a bigger sh!t if she fails to deliver at least one medal. Of course I do not want that to happen.
    How can she be history? Just because she was unselected for the Olympics through no fault of hers? If she were a non-CHN player,she'll be treated like a badminton Queen and bearing her country's best hope of medal contender in London.

Though I feel it's still early to pay special tribute to her for she's only 22 and hasn't achieved a lot yet for a CHN player, I can go along with that. Don't be surprised in the near future she emerges a transformed better player than ever. Some people blooms at a later age with increased maturity and richer experience - Zhang Ning is an exemplary example.

I believe CHN has the expertise and capability with the likes of Grand Master Tang Xianhu to uplift her game,correct her shortcoming, and enable her to realize her fullest potential. She won't suffer the fates of Zhu Lin or Lu Lan in recent times because she is more talented and has achieved shinier results than them. It'll be a pity if CHN let her go to waste, no, it won't happen;on the contrary,they will continue to develop and bring out the jewel in her.

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast