User Tag List

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    I have a feeling WYH and WSX will still be around in the next four years to rule the central plain together with LXR.

To be really honest, I cant say the same for the LXR actually because her fate will be decided by her results in London. She will fall out of favour if she failed to get one medal.
    her fate is partly in her own hands. if she perform well and with no injuries, there is no reason to drop her. WYH failed and she pick herself up and now she is the top girl.

one tournament do not determine everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    her fate is partly in her own hands. if she perform well and with no injuries, there is no reason to drop her. WYH failed and she pick herself up and now she is the top girl.

It doesnt take only one person's opinion to fail one person's career. Media and fan harassment will be a huge blow to the player's mental state. If LXR fails, she must be prepared for it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

True. Besides, LXR has not been around long enough to build a profile of consistency. She like any other player, will have a couple of off days. Some will be insignificant, some may be huge.

But these players have demonstrated that they are the cream of the crop of WS players worldwide, at the moment. They are still young, fit and motivated. Who is to say they cannot be around in 4 or even 6 years time?

WSX has been generally very fit, injury-free and mentally one of the strongest girls around. I for one, will still believe she has all the attributes to shrug off this temporary glitch and come back stronger. IF the CBA make the effort to make the necessary adjustments to her game....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb LXR should be selected, since she is ranked higher than WSX

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    True. Besides, LXR has not been around long enough to build a profile of consistency. She like any other player, will have a couple of off days. Some will be insignificant, some may be huge.

But these players have demonstrated that they are the cream of the crop of WS players worldwide, at the moment. They are still young, fit and motivated. Who is to say they cannot be around in 4 or even 6 years time?

WSX has been generally very fit, injury-free and mentally one of the strongest girls around. I for one, will still believe she has all the attributes to shrug off this temporary glitch and come back stronger. IF the CBA make the effort to make the necessary adjustments to her game....
    Most BCers already know what I think; regarding National Associations players and independent players going on their own, without their National Associations.

Link: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...g-Professional

No matter what ranking a player is, if he/she is a player from a National Association set-up, it is up to the National Association to make the selection.

In this case I agree with CBA; LXR should be selected, since she is ranked higher than WSX.

But on the other hand; Wasn't WSX sent to fewer tournaments just before the 2012 Olympics Qualification period, thus allowing LXR to overtake her ranking?

This is the issue, and this is what I have witnessed.

BCers' comments/replies are appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Most BCers already know what I think; regarding National Associations players and independent players going on their own, without their National Associations.

Link: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...g-Professional

No matter what ranking a player is, if he/she is a player from a National Association set-up, it is up to the National Association to make the selection.

In this case I agree with CBA; LXR should be selected, since she is ranked higher than WSX.

But on the other hand; Wasn't WSX sent to fewer tournaments just before the 2012 Olympics Qualification period, thus allowing LXR to overtake her ranking?

The Olympic qualification list was based on the ranking on May 03. On that day, WSX was ranked #3, and LXR was ranked #4. It's the dumb rule that allows the country to pick 3 out of 4. If it's just simply based on the ranking on May 03, WSX should go instead. It's not fair to WSX.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It doesnt take only one person's opinion to fail one person's career. Media and fan harassment will be a huge blow to the player's mental state. If LXR fails, she must be prepared for it.

agree. let's not forget the biggest flop in badminton Olympics history. Lin Dan in 2004.

it was up to him to pick himself up and he did. no one can stop him if he has the desire to. not even the media.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree. let's not forget the biggest flop in badminton Olympics history. Lin Dan in 2004.

it was up to him to pick himself up and he did. no one can stop him if he has the desire to. not even the media.
    Very true, if Lin Dan's debacle in Athens 2004 OG could be forgiven,why not the rest? What's more,he was able to pick himself up and emerged stronger than ever. Sometimes,I'd like to say often,failure can be just as powerful a motivating force as success if one possesses the character and will to overcome it. It's all up to the individual,everything else is just noise which you can ignore or turn into music.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .----snip----

VICTOR- BWF Superseries Finals 2010
    Finals Winner: WSX January 9, 2011

PROTON Malaysia Open 2011
    Finals Winner: WSX Jan 23, 2011

VICTOR Korea Open 2011
    Finals Runner-up: WSX January 30, 2011

YONEX All England Open 2011
    Finals Winner: WSX March 13, 2011

Badminton Asia Championships 2011
    WSX lost to Lu Lan in R16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VICTOR- BWF Superseries Finals 2010
    Finals Winner: WSX January 9, 2011

PROTON Malaysia Open 2011
    Finals Winner: WSX Jan 23, 2011

VICTOR Korea Open 2011
    Finals Runner-up: WSX January 30, 2011

YONEX All England Open 2011
    Finals Winner: WSX March 13, 2011

Badminton Asia Championships 2011
    WSX lost to Lu Lan in R16

No the lost to Lu Lan was totally unexpected because apparently WSX was leading throughout the game and suddenly surprised to play the rubber set by Lu Lan. Halfway through, she felt tired and then she decided to give up.

Zhang Ning watching from the stand was like WTF is this girl up to. She confronted WSX after the defeat and she honestly told her that she gave up because she was tired.

Zhang Ning was really pissed at that time i remembered and later WSX cried. That was still alright, actually until the end of the Sudirman Cup, from there on people internally started to question whether WSX can actually maintain her form against foreign opponents. Doubt begins and LXR slowly climbed her way to the top four.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that was the start of her downfall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    So that was the start of her downfall.
    Not only that, I started to notice her completely lack of attacking play when she lost to Baun in the SG open semifinal and how dimensionless her game was.
    She does not seem to learn from her mistakes and tend to repeat the same thing even though it doesnt work. Naive and stubborn i think.
    The concern began and it turned out to be true when she was outclassed by Cheng Shao Chieh (an unexpected finalist) in London. She was upset by the defeat but the worst was she did not take anything from the defeat at all instead she promised that she would try to find a better way to beat her.

The remaining months of the 2011 season were the worst I have seen from WSX, she was stagnant and no improvement at all in her game.

WYH on the other hand is no better than WSX but she has better position because of her gifted height and she could create angles out of nowhere. WSX just played the same game over and over again.
    Having said that, she still could maintain a good performance (from the result perspective) by reaching the semifinal at least in almost every tournament.

The momentous point was her shocking first round defeat (her only early exit blow so far i could remember) from Ratchanok, which made everyone started to completely challenge their belief and confidence in WSX.

Curiously, in the same tournament LXR was on the rise and lost the tie to WX in the semifinal. WSX was completely broken at that time and promised again to find a solution before it's too late. However, her nightmare came true.

Still, with her capability I believe she could deliver a medal (not gold i am sure) compared to WX because I never put my money on inconsistent players.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

repentedboy, thanks for your input. You must have felt bad watching her badminton career going downhill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Koreans do rise to the occasion and win the gold instead of Nehwal/Baun, then LYB and the rest of the staff will be hugely blamed for their shortsightedness.

WSX is the solution to defeat the Koreans and Japanese players. Bear in mind, WX/WYH/LXR have to deal with these batch of players first before the QF (maybe not SJH). I can say on the spot WX and WYH are extremely vulnerable to these Koreas/Japanese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What must she been thinking/pondering after seeing those draws announced?

Could she stand a better chance than WX as a second seed?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a good story of WSX. 3 pages.

http://sports.sohu.com/20120830/n351908519.shtml

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still, with her capability I believe she could deliver a medal (not gold i am sure) compared to WX because I never put my money on inconsistent players.
    Dude, keep your daytime job or whatever you are doing...LXR hits the gold mine. You are a terrible oracle.

If the Koreans do rise to the occasion and win the gold instead of Nehwal/Baun, then LYB and the rest of the staff will be hugely blamed for their shortsightedness.

WSX is the solution to defeat the Koreans and Japanese players. Bear in mind, WX/WYH/LXR have to deal with these batch of players first before the QF (maybe not SJH). I can say on the spot WX and WYH are extremely vulnerable to these Koreas/Japanese.
    Hmmmm, the KOR are nowhere near WYH and WX. Time for you to change your crystall ball, it is showing you the wrong stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry that you feels this way. In my opinion LXR deserve gold medal as much as WYH. She will be world number 1 soon and will stay there for a while. The only thing to stop her is unexpected injury like what happened to WX and WL. She is all around player like WYH and has everything to match WYH (if not more) apart from her younger age and lack of experience which she will only get better with time. There is no obvious weakness which can be taken advantage by her opponents and I personally believe she can go up one or two more notches with more training. Her mental strength and badminton IQ are excellent. Her smashes are outstanding. To beat WYH without assistance from her coach just told us that she can adjust the game strategy by herself. To pick up 4 straight points from 17 to 21 in the 3rd games told us that she got the ability to play big points and finish the game well.
    She just has to polish her skills and cut down the unforced errors. If she didn't pick up injury, She will dominate WS at least 6 years whether we like her or not. WSX will be back to top 3 with more training with her smash. WX 's prospect is a worry with her knee injury. I wish her all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by repentboyz View Post
    Well throw me any insult you want because what has happened has happened.

The tide and odds of the WS Olympic tournament was completely overturned when Sung Ji-Hyun was surprisingly knocked out by Yippy and I must say Yippy along with Ratchanok were the dark horses who had exceeded everyone's expectations.

Had the tournament progressed with the top seeds advancing, Schenk and Sung JiHyun would have given a 50-50 lifeline to Wang Xin and Li Xuerui and the Chinese hope still lies with Wang Yihan to win the gold.

Yippy and Ratchanok had made the huge difference in the tournament.

I am still not convinced by Li Xuerui's gold medal victory. She won it by beating the weaker and inexperienced opponents and took advantage of Wang Yihan's terrible performance against her own compatriots. We all know Wang Yihan plays like sh*t everytime she meets a compatriot.

My prediction: Li Xuerui will do well only this year and she will become a flop in the future. Argue with me privately if you are not happy. But right now i am the most unhappy person because Li Xuerui had unceremoniouly ruined 2012 for three girls: Wang Yihan, Wang Shixian and Wang Xin.

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast