User Tag List

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.qq.com/a/20140321/018818.htm

So I come across this article today and I use Google translate (in a desperate attempt to understand the article) but I can't really understand anything except that the article was talking about how the foreign media exposed the opened-secret relationship and the upcoming match between Xiamen and Jiangsu. However, according to Google translate, the tittle of the article says "We did not deliberately hide it". So is this a confirmation from Wang and Chen or the media just overreacted? Can somebody kind enough to summarize this article?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB wishes WSX and Chen Long will win the Olympics together!!!

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-03-...07080008.shtml

Is this sign that WSX has secured her ticket to Rio 2016??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post

It's possible but I think anything can happen from here and Rio 2016. If Wang Shixian continues to perform like she did in the AE 2014 than the chance is pretty high.

I personally don't think that any of the top Chinese WS players has secured a ticket to Rio 2016. LXR was the underdog and there was no pressure on her to win in 2012. I remember reading some article about how LXR's ability to perform under pressure and expectation hasn't been tested yet. And the World Championship final was an example of how LXR might crumble under pressure and expectation so I think LXR still have something to prove. On the other hand, there is clearly no question about the ability to handle pressure of WYH. However, I don't know if she can avoid major injuries and keep up her fitness until then.

Again, any young player can just appear during the qualification process and snatch a ticket. We never know but I do wish Wang Shixian can earn a ticket herself and get a sweet revenge for the bitter 2012 OG. She deserves it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems it was Reuters who broke the story.

Domestic media never mention anything until now.

It also didn't mention Zhang Ning's pregnancy until a month or two after the London Olympics.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    wouldn't that be nice if they can go one better than Lin Dan/Xie Xingfang's 2008 OLY achievement in 2016 Brazil!

I won't read too much into it but simply regard it as LYB's well-wishes to the dating couple. Nobody's Olympic spot is secure until after the Olympic qualification cycle and even then there can be last-minute changes. Remember WSX and LXR in the LOG'12 cycle?

Btw, doantram,on the article you linked, you've got the gist of it right. They are an item and Chen Long did say it wasn't their intention to deliberately hide it as they felt no necessity to go public about it and would much prefer the media concentrate on their badminton than talk about their private affairs. The rest of the article, the larger part of it, is about other things such as the recent post-match interviews of Chen Long and Wang Shixian separately which are already covered in previous reports posted in the CL and WSX threads.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this WS compettion for rio2016 will be very fierce contested...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Shixian, you are super. Heartiest congratulations on winning your second Superseries title of the year, the IND Open SS 2014 WS Champion !

But what amazes me most is that you are the only person to have beaten both LXR and WYH twice each in a row within the space of one month, first at the All England PSS'14, now at the Indian Open SS'14. I believe this feat of yours has never been accomplished by anyone before in recent years at least beating two of the very best players in the world.

Keep it up, keep going, you can scale greater heights going forward, awesome. JiaYou !

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me personally, Wang Shixian's magnificent comeback , from the prolonged slump that threatened to end her career to her now all-conquering,winning ways, has to be the top story of the year in badminton, rivaling that of Lin Dan's great comeback winning his 5th world championship after a long layoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Wang, who was not on the Chinese team at the last Olympics, said she is motivated to make the team for the next one.
    “This year I have started well and I just want to maintain my condition and form,” she said. “I want to play well until the next Olympic Games in Rio. I’m really looking forward to going to the Olympics because last time I didn’t have the chance to go and my performances dipped after that. My aim now is to keep performing well and to do my best in building up to the Olympic Games.""

Source: BWF

Well, Wang Shixian is determined to make it to Rio and if she can keep her amazing performances up, there is no doubt that she will earn a ticket to Rio. Four tournaments so far, one SF and three Finals winning two of them. Terrific!

After seeing her came back like this, I suddenly think that LYB's decision to left her out in London 2012 and her slump period are actually good for her. I recently watched all of her matches before London 2012 that are available on BWF Youtube channel and she is just so different now, in a good way. I'm not a badminton expert and my knowledge about badminton is very limited so these are just some of my thoughts. She was good when she was world No.1 but there was something missing. She was just not "there" and I don't know how to explain it. I think that if LYB did not leave her out, she still would not be able to win an Olympic medals or even be as good as she is now. I feel like if she continue to play how she played, she would not be able to keep up with the young talents. After her slump period, it's like she became a whole new player. Not only her mentality improved, but so did her games. I feel like she has "grown up" now. She was not that "young talent" anymore, she is now a world class player. She probably learned a lot during that period by experiencing so many ups and downs. Well, I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

However, I think the ultimate winner here is Li Yong Bo. He made the right decision. China had a clean-sweep in London and Wang Shixian has becomes a world class player now. I have a feeling that he was betting when he made that decision. If Wang Shixian could not get over it, China would lose a talented young player and if she made it, which she did, China then now has one more world class WS player. I don't know if he planned and calculated all this, but if he did, then this men is just unbelievable. But again, this is just my theory, maybe I'm just paranoid and thinking too much

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELLO long time no see all.. wah you are so good shixian!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time no see Azrenth, where have you been? I enjoy seeing your cheering for Shixian.

How do you feel now that she's won the All England and the Indian Open and beaten both Li Xurerui and Wang Yihan 2 times each?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my feel? exactly,very pround of him.. oh my girlfriend,you can doing this sooo far! hehehe.. im have 1 left test,in 14 april,national test. from January to March there is a try out and I was busy with 3 exams in March.. im so sorry shixian.. i know that you definitely miss me.. ahahahhaa ah chen long again..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yah,my mark in every test is soo good.. like shixian,I fought very hard for this.. an in practical test,i've got 92! hooh!! hehehee.. shixian,we were both struggling, equally successful. we are definitely a mate.. ahahhhha..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Shixian takes part in the Asia Champ' and she's seeded 1 ! That's great , why not getting a third title before the Uber cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think she can managed it!! go shixian >.<

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

share photo about him >.<

Name:  10264874_654008831319367_256012158150547967_n.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  37.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again Name:  10289944_653336071386643_5892908222664751790_n.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  56.6 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wsx

ohw ! great photos , do u know when were they taken ?

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast