User Tag List

Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wang shixian is my superstars

2. Likes azrenth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, she can try in another 4 years time... Train harder and comes back stronger, WSX!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    well, she can try in another 4 years time... Train harder and comes back stronger, WSX!
    ..and knock on wood she won't experience the same bad luck as Wang Lin (who probably would be a shoe-in for this yr's OG if not for her injury)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..and knock on wood she won't experience the same bad luck as Wang Lin (who probably would be a shoe-in for this yr's OG if not for her injury)..
    Wang Lin's fate is similar to Simon Santoso's, two such talented players beset by injury problems,haiz.

I'd love to see Wang Lin make a great comeback,still only 23 years old(born 30th Mar 1989). Wang Shixian at 22 (born 13th Feb 1990) despite her OG qualification setback is more fortunate than her. Optimistically speaking,both of them have yet to realize their full potential, far from it. Hopefully,we'll get to see both of them re-asserting themselves soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Wang Lin's fate is similar to Simon Santoso's, two such talented players beset by injury problems,haiz.

I'd love to see Wang Lin make a great comeback,still only 23 years old(born 30th Mar 1989). Wang Shixian at 22 (born 13th Feb 1990) despite her OG qualification setback is more fortunate than her. Optimistically speaking,both of them have yet to realize their full potential, far from it. Hopefully,we'll get to see both of them re-asserting themselves soon.
    Qualifying for the Olympics is out of reach for WL because CBA will never place full confidence in her to deliver with the injury permanently remain in her history record.

The best WL could ever do now is to do well in tournaments especially in the All England so she can be remembered as one of the best in the winners' history.

WSX still has plenty of chances up for grabs. However, her fate solely depends on the outcome of the Olympics. Should China fail or succeed, the restructuring and reshuffling of the squad will affect her greatly but dont know in what way. We will find out soon enough.

She has so many tournaments to look forward to:

World Championship Guangzhou 2013
    Asian Games Incheon 2014
    World Championship Copenhagen 2014
    World Championship ???? 2015
    Rio Olympics 20016 (she is only 26 years old by then)

....and many more to come.

Do not write her off yet. She has plenty of opportunities to shine in other singles tournaments. She has scrapped all gold from all major team events available in badminton, one of the first players to do in fact (AG, UC and SC).

Again, it depends on how China performs in London later .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Qualifying for the Olympics is out of reach for WL because CBA will never place full confidence in her to deliver with the injury permanently remain in her history record.

The best WL could ever do now is to do well in tournaments especially in the All England so she can be remembered as one of the best in the winners' history.

WSX still has plenty of chances up for grabs. However, her fate solely depends on the outcome of the Olympics. Should China fail or succeed, the restructuring and reshuffling of the squad will affect her greatly but dont know in what way. We will find out soon enough.

She has so many tournaments to look forward to:

World Championship Guangzhou 2013
    Asian Games Incheon 2014
    World Championship Copenhagen 2014
    World Championship ???? 2015
    Rio Olympics 20016 (she is only 26 years old by then)

....and many more to come.

Do not write her off yet. She has plenty of opportunities to shine in other singles tournaments. She has scrapped all gold from all major team events available in badminton, one of the first players to do in fact (AG, UC and SC).

Again, it depends on how China performs in London later .
    It's moving to see you cherish WSX so much, together with that newly minted poster by the same name. Realistically speaking, WSX's problem isn't that insurmountable as it has been quite accurately identified as having to do with her technique specifically.

Ultimately,it's all up to her to muster the will and determination to do it, what with the resources available to her in CHN especially in the form of a certain genius coach,namely Grand Master Tang Xianhu. Adopting a new style of play isn't that difficult or rare as I've heard or read somewhere that Chen Yu and Sun Jun doing precisely just that in the past, cannot remember who changed from defensive to offensive player.

Do not,or more emphatically never,write WSX off yet - I'm with you all the way except that I'd like to say the same for Wang Lin too based on how I've seen her performed on the way to winning the 2010 WC. Another thing is I don't see how the London Olympics outcome can affect her much negatively or positively, as I believe it depends more on whether she can raise her game another level. Same as you, I wish to see WSX at least, better still WL as well, at Rio 2016. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's moving to see you cherish WSX so much, together with that newly minted poster by the same name. Realistically speaking, WSX's problem isn't that insurmountable as it has been quite accurately identified as having to do with her technique specifically.

Ultimately,it's all up to her to muster the will and determination to do it, what with the resources available to her in CHN especially in the form of a certain genius coach,namely Grand Master Tang Xianhu. Adopting a new style of play isn't that difficult or rare as I've heard or read somewhere that Chen Yu and Sun Jun doing precisely just that in the past, cannot remember who changed from defensive to offensive player.

Do not,or more emphatically never,write WSX off yet - I'm with you all the way except that I'd like to say the same for Wang Lin too based on how I've seen her performed on the way to winning the 2010 WC. Another thing is I don't see how the London Olympics outcome can affect her much negatively or positively, as I believe it depends more on whether she can raise her game another level. Same as you, I wish to see WSX at least, better still WL as well, at Rio 2016. Cheers!
    No it does. The outcome of this Olympics will define the ups and downs WSX is about to face in the next four years; good or bad. She can only wait and rest while the Olympics is over.

WL is the past now. But to see her coming back and winning tournaments is more than enough for fans to be happy about. Do not expect so much from her.

She has become a world champion; a title to be proud of and surprisingly CBA still treasures her as an asset to help other prominent players to push themselves to another level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The possible scenarios after Olympics can involve WSX in many ways, also to Han Li and Chen Xiaojia.

What if China fails in WS? LYB could furiously command the whole team to be restructured and we will see a big change that could potentially rob them of their chances to prove themselves.

Another scenario is what if China wins; WSX could be sidelined as well because CBA will developed special programme to retain the form of the players who had experienced it and WSX will eventually fall out of favour like Jiang Yanjiao and Lu Lan.

I pity Jiang Yanjiao the most who has been used and abused like a tool throughout her career. This outcome will matter the most.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't go so far as to say Jiang YJ "has been used and abused like a tool throughout her career." It just so happens that she is often eliminated by her more illustrious sisters in major international tournaments while she frequently and quite consistently knocks out the foreigners. Her handmaiden role is not so much foisted on her as brought upon by herself, unfortunate but true.

Who is to stop her from winning and rising to the top if she hasn't faltered time and again at the final hurdle? I'm sure CBA will be glad to have another star player like LXR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between Han Li and Chen Xiaojia, I'm more impressed with the latter, recalling how she pushed LXR in the Asia Badminton Championship early this year.

Han Li is not bad too but somehow I cannot forget how she was bested by Sung Ji Hyun in the KOR Open GPG '12 which at the same time also convinced me of Sung's promise as a rising threat to CHN WS.

Amateurish as I am, my opinion is formed based on how they played rather than the results or scorelines. Of course,the two of them are continually developing their game,my view of them could change over time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Han Li is too old. So I do not expect much from her to deliver in major events.

Chen XiaoJia is too small and young. But both are considered extremely useful assets to the CBA.

Han Li did exhibit the same brilliance WL did in Paris two years ago. Their skills are exactly identical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not another one

What's with CHN WS players with kids these days ?

Name:  376533_496559387028227_732609124_n.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  60.5 KB

14. Likes azrenth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    OT : personally, WL will never be the same player as she was before her (knee) injury. She may come close but most likely won't be the same player. It will be somewhat of a miracle, if she comes back to her previous form & can make the WS OG squad in 4 more yrs..

As for WSX's fate, 4 more yrs is still quite a wait..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

WYH will probably not be around (or good enough) in 4 years.
    LXR will, barring injury and other acts of God/LYB.
    WX will not be around.
    So look around; who else is good enough to be in the elite team?

The other girls may make to to the elite level; they may not.
    But WSX has shown that she belongs, despite a bad phase; she is still among the top 4 players in the world, and has not been out of the top 5 since.... when?

She has shown she is a huge asset to the team over the past few years. It is the CBA that need to re-invest in this asset, this time more wisely than they have done so far.
    She needs re-tooling and getting some very few changes made to her style of play, and to her posture.
    CBA can use down time to put her through an intense training phase. It doesn't matter if she slips down the rankings for 6-9 months. She can't slip beyond #10 even if she tried; she's just too good for that.

She has good reason to be aggrieved, but IMO she's feeling for all the wrong reasons.
    If the CBA backroom boys pull their head out and admit they screwed up, they can still make her their top gun in 4 years.

WSX is a perfect example of the CBA not knowing when they're well off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chinese head coach explains why Wang Shixian left out of Olympic squad
    2012-07-10 Xinhua English
    http://english.sina.com/china/2012/0710/484959.html

Excerpts:

BEIJING, July 10 (Xinhua) -- Chinese badminton head coach Li Yongbo said Tuesday that Asian Games gold medallist Wang Shixian was left out of the London Olympic squad because she had a relatively sluggish record against foreign shuttlers compared with her teammates.

..."We conduct a specific analysis about their results facing our major rivals and made the final decision depending on it," said Li.

According to Li, in the past year Wang Yihan holds 34 wins and three losses facing major rivals, Li Xuerui ranked the second on the list with 33 wins and four losses, Wang Xin has 28 wins and seven losses while Wang Shixian only registers 17 wins and 11 losses.

"The list is very persuasive that Wang Shixian had a relatively sluggish performance comparing with three teammates," Li said.

Li hoped the 22-year-old Wang Shixian could continue to train hard and fight for the 2016 Olympic Games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    WYH will probably not be around (or good enough) in 4 years.
    LXR will, barring injury and other acts of God/LYB.
    WX will not be around.
    So look around; who else is good enough to be in the elite team?

The other girls may make to to the elite level; they may not.
    But WSX has shown that she belongs, despite a bad phase; she is still among the top 4 players in the world, and has not been out of the top 5 since.... when?

She has shown she is a huge asset to the team over the past few years. It is the CBA that need to re-invest in this asset, this time more wisely than they have done so far.
    She needs re-tooling and getting some very few changes made to her style of play, and to her posture.
    CBA can use down time to put her through an intense training phase. It doesn't matter if she slips down the rankings for 6-9 months. She can't slip beyond #10 even if she tried; she's just too good for that.

She has good reason to be aggrieved, but IMO she's feeling for all the wrong reasons.
    If the CBA backroom boys pull their head out and admit they screwed up, they can still make her their top gun in 4 years.

WSX is a perfect example of the CBA not knowing when they're well off.
    4 years is a long time.

in 2008, who will think that we will no longer see the shadow of LL, WL, ZL? and who expected we will see WYH, WX, WSX, LXR be at the top?

the Chinese wheel turns very fast at the WS department, there is an abundant supply of youngsters who are fitter and more eager to fight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    4 years is a long time.

in 2008, who will think that we will no longer see the shadow of LL, WL, ZL? and who expected we will see WYH, WX, WSX, LXR be at the top?

the Chinese wheel turns very fast at the WS department, there is an abundant supply of youngsters who are fitter and more eager to fight.
    I have a feeling WYH and WSX will still be around in the next four years to rule the central plain together with LXR.

To be really honest, I cant say the same for the LXR actually because her fate will be decided by her results in London. She will fall out of favour if she failed to get one medal.

WX will not be around because she is too old plus her inconsistency will slowly force her to retire soon. WL on the other hand is still young but her ability is up to the point where she could try her best to play in the top tournaments again and no guaranteed good results.

I believe experience-wise, WSX is much needed because she is one of the few Chinese players that could deal with the Koreans and Japanese who will become a potential problem to the Chinese in team competitions.

After the Olympics, Baun and Schenk wont be around. Only left with this Nehwal to deal with.

Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast