User Tag List

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought I'd see the day when WSX would again win a major title by beating both WYH and LXR.

WSX really improved her court speed and stamina.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Definitely. It was an impressive performance and it really meant a lot to her as we saw at the end of the match. Would have loved to have been there to watch her.
    She looks like a player having been given a puzzle and now knows how to solve it.

LXR, despite an Olympic title, doesn't exude that inner self belief. Is she too deferential to her senior?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With this combination of new level of fitness and playstyle she had, i won't surprise if WSX crowned as the world champion one day.

Congratulations for being AE champion once more to WSX!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consummate stroke play, finesse and accuracy in executing placement shots, the uncanny ability to make her opponents twist and turn trying to cover all four corners of the court, the stamina to keep running and running and superb defensive skills in throwing everything back at the opponent - these are Wang Shixian's extraordinary strengths, IMHO.

Her weaknesses? Still the lack of a killer smash. The other is her occasional lapse of concentration at crucial moments to finish the set or match, eg when holding 6 matchpoints against Han Li in the final of the East Asian Games'13 and 4 matchpoints against Tai Tzu Ying in the semifinal of the SSF'13 which ended in her defeats. Hope such incidents don't reoccur to her anymore, if possible.

I won't say too much, just let Wang Shixian's racquet do more of the talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone confirm she is chen long GF ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    Yes, it's an open secret Chen Long and Wang Shixian are an item but the couple prefer to keep a low profile and so far everybody in CBA as well as the Chinese media respect their wishes.

Still,there are two articles reporting about their relationship now, more or less confirming it:
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20140310/014495.htm
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20140311/006594.htm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    Considering the news articles I read from Reuters and the South China Morning Post state that Wang Shixian is Chen Long's girlfriend, I'd say that's pretty much definite confirmation that she is. I must say they both could have done worse.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Yes, it's an open secret Chen Long and Wang Shixian are an item but the couple prefer to keep a low profile and so far everybody in CBA as well as the Chinese media respect their wishes.

Still,there are two articles reporting about their relationship now, more or less confirming it:
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20140310/014495.htm
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20140311/006594.htm
    It seems it was Reuters who broke the story.

Domestic media never mention anything until now.

It also didn't mention Zhang Ning's pregnancy until a month or two after the London Olympics.
    Last edited by pcll99; 03-12-2014 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't that be nice if they can go one better than Lin Dan/Xie Xingfang's 2008 OLY achievement in 2016 Brazil!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    It seems it was Reuters who broke the story.

Domestic media never mention anything until now.

It also didn't mention Zhang Ning's pregnancy until a month or two after the London Olympics.
    You're right,it was Reuters who broke the news this time and the Chinese article, the first one I quoted, merely reported it accordingly, a good excuse to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    wouldn't that be nice if they can go one better than Lin Dan/Xie Xingfang's 2008 OLY achievement in 2016 Brazil!
    That will be one up for Chen Long and Wang Shixian over the Golden Couple Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang who both won the 2007 AE title, then the 2008 Beijing Olympic Gold and Silver. Maybe Chen Long and Wang Shixian can start by taking the WC title together this year and/or the next before aiming for Rio'16, that in itself will still be a comparable great achievement.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Alan Budikusuma/Susi Susanti already done the double in 1992.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WSX lost to PV Sindhu, H2H is now 0-3.

What aspects of her play do you guys think are contributing to these defeats against Sindhu?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woffle View Post

What aspects of her play do you guys think are contributing to these defeats against Sindhu?
    I think she didn't have her favourite racquet while playing against Sindhu, hence no talking.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woffle View Post

Difficult for any player to win two tournaments in a row in consecutive weeks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WSX is generous

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    I think she didn't have her favourite racquet while playing against Sindhu, hence no talking.
    Actually speaking, Shixian is good at handling tall players.. Even Yihan is a tall player compared to sindhu and also Sun Yu.

Last week, she overcame yihan comfortably. She also has H2H record of 2-0 against SunYu , who is a tall badminton player in the circuit. So, this implies that she does not have problem with height but with her techniques against sindhu. My two cents..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Cheung rightly pointed out, it's hard to win two strong tournaments back-to-back; only a handful have done it, yet rarely. IMHO, in the successive tournament,it gets harder as the rounds go by. I reckon,if WSX didn't lose to Sindhu in the Swiss Open QF, she is more likely to lose to Sun Yu, her semifinal opponent, or to the finalist, whoever she might be.

I'm of the opinion that it takes both mental and physical strengths as well as the maturity and experience to win back-to-back high level tournaments. After winning the first one,the more so if it is a hard-won victory, you tend to be in a high and almost immediately naturally unwind a little, so once you come down from a high, it will take a while and some effort to get back up again.

Also bear in mind that WSX hasn't been winning tournaments for quite a long time during her slump period until the French Open last October that signalled her resurgence, and her All England triumph where she displayed master class badminton last week is her first this year. With new-found self-confidence and inner belief, a revived WSX will get better as time goes by as she sharpens her unique style of play and perseveres onwards.

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast