Purchasing from UK Mail-Order places

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Easy Tiger, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Hey, anyone had any luck or otherwise from purchasing from UK based mailorder places?

Trying to get centralsports.co.uk to reply to my emails because I want to buy a stack of Carltons but don't want to pay VAT because I'm not in the EU. No response from my numerous emails in the past 14 days.

Should I try newitts despite their higher prices, or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

2. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

i called centralsports before and they no longer ship outside the EU due to frauds

i ordered from prosportsuk and it even tho they deduct VAT it was the worst shopping experience i ever had, now my goods are stuck and they wont refund me... i'll have to open a dispute with VISA soon -_-

3. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    They all suck, don't they. Central and Newitts are both ****. I was messed around so much by both, after well over two weeks of trying to actually buy something from them I gave up.

Ended up going with a seller on ebay.co.uk. I think they'll end up pocketing the VAT, but honestly it's not worth the trouble trying to claim it back once you get the goods, and basically for something you can't even get here yet the price is fine.

Check back at the Carlton thread for further (hopefully positive) updates.