Question on Racquet Brands in Canada

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by myzkito, Jun 30, 2009.

1. myzkito

myzkito New Member

clerk
    Hello everyone,

I would like to ask anybody specially those who came from and/or are residing at Canada what badminton racket brands and corresponding models are presently available for sale there and if possible to please give an estimate of prices. My dad will be arriving there by next week and he promised to buy some rackets for the family. I really would appreciate your kind suggestions. Thank you.

2. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

where do you live or are coming from? I think Canada is one of the most expensive places to buy racquets, not only bc the retail prices are generally high, but because of the damn taxes. Depending which province you shot, you can be paying from 5% extra (Alberta only) to 12% extra.

as for brands, most major brands are available at good local shops, like yonex (nanospeed, armortec, etc...), calton, prince, wilson, and black knight (Canadian company). I don't see a lot of asian brands like those yonex copycats. and do stay away from big box stores like Sportchek to buy racquets from. very poor selection and huge markups.

prices depends on the model and brand. cheap ones are from $30, and expensive ones can be over $270Canadian. oh, and don't forget the taxes ;) (unless you find a shop that's willing to seel you under the table)

3. myzkito

myzkito New Member

clerk
    Thank you so much. :)