What do you do after you serve?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Sealman, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    just wondering how many of you actually hold up your racquet after you execute a low serve in a doubles game?

do you anticipate a net return or attempt to intercept any poor lifts? is there a transition from service grip to forehand grip? what about footwork?

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Yes I keep my racket up cause a gud low serve shud be below the tape of the net which means my opponent cannot attack and ave to lift it to sum degree so therefore racket is held up to intercept it any quick drives or lifts.

Generally all my low serves r backhands serves so backhand grip, I quickly change to forehand grip afta I serve.

Footwork, in general keep I right foot slightly forwards of my left foot, wit weight on the balls of my feet ready for net shots of lifts to the back but if its doubles, my partner deals wit the lifts and I stay more focused on the net until we r put onto the defensive

#2 gingerphil79, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  3. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Yes , change to forehand grip. And I am ready for the interception - generally for the lifts , to jump up and smash them down.

I think this is a good thread , and will help people , as a lot of people leave their rackets down after the serve.