I just strung cracked racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ae86trueno, Jul 3, 2009.

1. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

Just felt like to share.. I just strung cracked racket at 26x27lbs.
    Its friend's racket. this photo was sent by my friend (I edit it make the background black). Tomorrow going to try the racket :eek:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    why would you string a crack racket at such a tension? You really want to break it :O ? If it breaks, waste of strings and labor right?

3. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Hmmm , just curiosity probably. Curiosity/insainty/boredom :p!

4. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

wow, I could not think of any reason to string this racket! I would try to have it covered under warranty, before salvage it!

please update us about the status after you played with it.

5. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    ya i would do the same! but if if thres not warranty i would enforce it with superglue before i string it up. good luck

6. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

My friend said just try it.. if it break then so be it... but if its not then at least he still can use it. If I strung it at 20lbs then there is no point since he won't use it.. so its actually kinda nothing to lose..

for me. well i just want to try challenge myself, and I'm experimenting on reinforcing racket (at those Xsection). Also I want to see my stringing method is good enough or not. what I like is not how fast I can finish stringing a racket but the quality of the stringing result and with the least amount of stress to the racket frame.

Edit: Regarding Warranty, we normally play around 28-30lbs so I think none our racket will be covered with warranty. I checked his racket and I think it start showing wear and tear on the frame from string.

#6 ae86trueno, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  7. a.kurniawan

a.kurniawan Regular Member

student
    the racket's mine....

yea, so it's actually my racket.. (thanks ae86trueno for the help :) )
    so I finally tested the racket for some games.

the racket head's shape was alright when it was just finished being strung and taken to the court. actually he did a small trick when he did the stringing, but i can't really explain, so he might've to clear it up to you guys.

after a few clear shots for warm up, i noticed that the shape changed back to the one when it warped at the very first time.
    (the crack is located around the 4 o'clock)

anyway, it performed as it's a normal racket, smashes, drives, net shots, everything seems normal. so i decided i might only use it occasionally, either when i have no other rackets left or perhaps once in a while..

thanks again to our drifter boy ;)