User Tag List

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    She is still far from her best plus Han Li was playing below par that day....she could do much better than this
    I am not sure what you are seeing. WX read HL game thoroughly. HL was outplayed and playing defensively, reacting to WX moves. WX was in great form, rarely out of position, in control and superb fitness, her movement reminds me of Gong Zhi Chao and Susi. What a beau to watch WX play, blistering pace. If this is a CHN internal selection process, WX is in.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 05-17-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I am not sure what you are seeing. WX read HL game thoroughly. HL was outplayed and playing defensively, reacting to WX moves. WX was in great form, rarely out of position, in control and superb fitness, her movement reminds me of Gong Zhi Chao and Susi. What a beau to watch WX play, blistering pace. If this is a CHN internal selection process, WX is in.
    You will find out what i mean when you see her game against Koreans/Japanese players who play long rallies in the Uber Cup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will find out what i mean when you see her game against Koreans/Japanese players who play long rallies in the Uber Cup
    I bet you WX will not lose a single game in UC12. KOR/JAp or any player no chance, wanna bet?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Maybe because of embedding? Did you check some other thread on the BC site with Kwun's remarks on it?

Maybe this one will help iPad users:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilmz3tJS5s8

Hope it works!
    Yes, it works. Thanks cobalt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet you WX will not lose a single game in UC12. KOR/JAp or any player no chance, wanna bet?
    What's the stake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the stake
    Let me tell your chances of WX losing 1 game in UC12. WX is playing 2nd WS. Which player can beat her at 2nd singles in UC12? None.
    What's stake, anything you want....loser pay if we ever meet and I have memory of an elephant...LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me tell your chances of WX losing 1 game in UC12. WX is playing 2nd WS. Which player can beat her at 2nd singles in UC12? None.
    What's stake, anything you want....loser pay if we ever meet and I have memory of an elephant...LOL!
    The players WX likely to meet:

Bae Younjoo
    Eriko Hirose

These two got a chance to beat her..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure if there is another more relevant thread for this, but here goes anyway. Maybe some of you guys could insert into other threads as well if you feel the need...

(China Sports) Star-studded China vows to take back Uber Cup
    Updated: 2012-05-18
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/...t_5946549.html

Excerpts:

WUHAN, China, May 18 (Xinhua) -- Badminton powerhouse China, who conceded the Uber Cup to South Korea two years ago, vowed to revenge on home courts this time, fielding its world top four singles and top two doubles players.

In 2010, the Chinese women's badminton team, featuring seven Uber Cup debutants in the 10-shuttler squad, surrendered the title for the first time since 1998 with a 3-1 loss to South Korea.

From May 20 to May 27, in Wuhan, China are determined to take back the Uber Cup, as it sends singles world top four Wang Yihan, Wang Xin, Wang Shixian, Li Xuerui and doubles world top two Yu Yang/Wang Xiaoli and Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei.

...World champion Wang Yihan expressed the team's determination to regain the Uber Cup.

"We lost the Uber Cup, then we should take it back," said Yihan, who has a bitter memory at the Uber Cup two years ago, losing the first singles' match and giving South Korean opponents a morale opening point.

"Losing the Uber Cup two years ago is our permanent grief, which was made by ourselves. The self-conceited troops are destined to fail, so we will prepare carefully for the coming Uber Cup," said coach Li.

...However Li said the major barrier of China is mindset. "To regain the Uber title, the biggest opponent is ourselves," said Li." If we normally perform our training level, then we will be the strongest."

At last Uber Cup, the hot-favourite Chinese dream team unexpectedly lost to South Korea, while at the Sudirman Cup last year, the Chinese women's singles also suffered unexpected loss to lower-ranking shuttlers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the Wang Xin - Han Li China UC simulation match, I must say I'm heartened. Seems to me WX is back near her best,she keeps piling on the pressure,so much so Han Li is mostly reduced to reacting to what WX throws at her with few opportunities for attack herself hence giving the impression she,Han Li,is playing under par. I say this in comparison with Han Li vs Sung JH or Bae Y J matches during which Han Li was in control. I believe WX's attacking ability forced Han Li on the defensive more often than not.

But I must add,in G2,perhaps WX didn't pace herself well from the start of the match,she appeared more tired and slowed down quite a bit.
    Last edited by Justin L; 05-18-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which means I think the one with the elephant memory would win the bet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bae Younjoo
    Eriko Hirose

Sometimes when I buy stock, it is often a gamble, some stocks are duds and some are blue chips. Dang! this bet is a surefire kaching! money in my jeans...BYJ and EH is that it?, I would bet anything with you, if only I can guarantee I will collect my winnings You are in UK, now where is my broker Alan Y, I need you to broker this transaction, give you 5% commission

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    After watching the Wang Xin - Han Li China UC simulation match, I must say I'm heartened. Seems to me WX is back near her best,she keeps piling on the pressure,so much so Han Li is mostly reduced to reacting to what WX throws at her with few opportunities for attack herself hence giving the impression she,Han Li,is playing under par. I say this in comparison with Han Li vs Sung JH or Bae Y J matches during which Han Li was in control. I believe WX's attacking ability forced Han Li on the defensive more often than not.

But I must add,in G2,perhaps WX didn't pace herself well from the start of the match,she appeared more tired and slowed down quite a bit.
    Maybe Migilin7 saw a different video than us....Euro having a crisis, banking is unrealiable, now maybe even their internet is unrealiable and signal got crossed so Miqilin7 sleepily saw the wrong match
    Agree with you the 2nd match WX was off a bit and tiring but the first set she was in blistering form, those footwork was a beau to see.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just realise WX lost to Saina in the QF of Sudirman 2011. complete shock

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Not sure if there is another more relevant thread for this, but here goes anyway. Maybe some of you guys could insert into other threads as well if you feel the need...

(China Sports) Star-studded China vows to take back Uber Cup
    Updated: 2012-05-18
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/...t_5946549.html

Excerpts:

WUHAN, China, May 18 (Xinhua) -- Badminton powerhouse China, who conceded the Uber Cup to South Korea two years ago, vowed to revenge on home courts this time, fielding its world top four singles and top two doubles players.

In 2010, the Chinese women's badminton team, featuring seven Uber Cup debutants in the 10-shuttler squad, surrendered the title for the first time since 1998 with a 3-1 loss to South Korea.

From May 20 to May 27, in Wuhan, China are determined to take back the Uber Cup, as it sends singles world top four Wang Yihan, Wang Xin, Wang Shixian, Li Xuerui and doubles world top two Yu Yang/Wang Xiaoli and Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei.

...World champion Wang Yihan expressed the team's determination to regain the Uber Cup.

"We lost the Uber Cup, then we should take it back," said Yihan, who has a bitter memory at the Uber Cup two years ago, losing the first singles' match and giving South Korean opponents a morale opening point.

"Losing the Uber Cup two years ago is our permanent grief, which was made by ourselves. The self-conceited troops are destined to fail, so we will prepare carefully for the coming Uber Cup," said coach Li.

...However Li said the major barrier of China is mindset. "To regain the Uber title, the biggest opponent is ourselves," said Li." If we normally perform our training level, then we will be the strongest."

At last Uber Cup, the hot-favourite Chinese dream team unexpectedly lost to South Korea, while at the Sudirman Cup last year, the Chinese women's singles also suffered unexpected loss to lower-ranking shuttlers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bae Younjoo
    Eriko Hirose

I have a chance to reassess WX against BYJ and EH...forget about WX losing 1 game, make it 1-set i.e. WX will not lose a single set to either of these 2 players...heck, my prediction is better than predicting Greece will go bankrupt and kick out of the Eurozone

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a chance to reassess WX against BYJ and EH...forget about WX losing 1 game, make it 1-set i.e. WX will not lose a single set to either of these 2 players...heck, my prediction is better than predicting Greece will go bankrupt and kick out of the Eurozone
    You're so gung-ho, 1 game means 1 set not 1 match which may be a 3-setter. Don't forget in a team tourney, these Chinese wonder women tend to be more vulnerable than usual. Still,wish you best of luck

Yes,Greece is tottering on the brink of bankruptcy, in effect already so, but should she be kicked out of EU as well, I'm afraid it may set off a chain reaction, who's next? Portugal,Spain,Italy ? And engulf the whole world in an accelerating deepening global recession possibly extending into a long-drawn Great Depression 2,frightening. Actually,the main culprit is the US who started it all with the sub-prime crisis...(sorry, I digress too much,just stirred by your remarks)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're so gung-ho, 1 game means 1 set not 1 match which may be a 3-setter. Don't forget in a team tourney, these Chinese wonder women tend to be more vulnerable than usual. Still,wish you best of luck

Yes,Greece is tottering on the brink of bankruptcy, in effect already so, but should she be kicked out of EU as well, I'm afraid it may set off a chain reaction, who's next? Portugal,Spain,Italy ? And engulf the whole world in an accelerating deepening global recession possibly extending into a long-drawn Great Depression 2,frightening. Actually,the main culprit is the US who started it all with the sub-prime crisis...(sorry, I digress too much,just stirred by your remarks)
    yup, the world is coming to an end. Sell facebook!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, then WX will not lose 1-set or 1-game to either BYJ or EH...this time around, the CHN girls are out for revenge and from the look of WX preparation, dang! I don't wanna bet on her losing esp in 2nd singles.
    DEN, GER, INA has no player to match WX on paper. KOR, I think BYJ won once, but not this time. Nothing is quaranteed but I sure like my odds WX not losing 1-game, 1-set or 1-match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My view on a simulation match was that one player mimics the playstyle of another country's player, but this just seems to be a warm-up internal tournament of some sorts.

Nice to see WX back up there.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast