User Tag List

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Xin is the only one who can properly intercept LXR's shooting lobs with deadly accuracy, and then gives back a fast deadly drop.

As compared to the tall WYH who would have to bend and arch her back to take LXR's lobs, the petite WX is better equipped anatomically.

Is the CBA pushing all the WS players a bit over zealously? Virtually every top singles are experiencing injuries at this time. They should learn from LD how he safeguards from injuries. In fact I don't recall he ever had a serious one considering the way he plays.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Is the CBA pushing all the WS players a bit over zealously? Virtually every top singles are experiencing injuries at this time. They should learn from LD how he safeguards from injuries. In fact I don't recall he ever had a serious one considering the way he plays.
    according to some friends here, LD has no clever plan behind his injury-free career. he is just good in playing hide and seek.

btw, how is WX? any news from her?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Rectification 2

Talent wins medals, character wins respect and heart
    and one of the kind could win some medals and some respect + heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think you will get to see her play competitively at least until after Mac'13, and that is considered the earliest. Poor lass.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the latest on Wang Xin? The outcome of her follow-up checkup in Germany? Can she resume competitive badminton? Hope to receive glad tidings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, does anyone know the latest on Wang Xin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems fine and happy, from her weibo.. Here's a post on her weibo early this month..

我在乎人生中随处可见的真诚和感动,我珍惜生命中每一位一起走过的亲人和朋友,我祈祷我认识的和认识我的人 都健康、快乐,幸福!感恩一路走来的陪伴,感恩2012,无论好的坏的都是人生的经历和历练愿2013有 更多美好的奇迹新年快乐,早安,2013

It roughly sounds like this: I care about the sincerity and the touching which can be seen everywhere in life, I care about every relatives and friends that have accompanied me in my life, I pray that everyone i know and everyone who knows me to be healthy and happy..... The good and the bad things that happened are all my life experiences. Hopefully 2013 will have more beautiful miracle. Happy new year, good morning 2013..
    (my 1st time translation, so it might not be perfectly accurate...)

And here's a picture of her during last year's Christmas
    http://t2.qpic.cn/mblogpic/c1b118aebad06766a40c/460

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice New Year's wish!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the news. Still wondering if she can compete in badminton. Hope to see her back soon. Maybe at the All England?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Wang Xin will play the national games. With Wang Xin, Bayi team has three aces, li xuerui, wang xin and jiang yanjiao, or Liu Xin will replace jiang yanjiao. Without Wang Xin, Bayi is seemed a little bit weak and nearlly no chance to win the champion since there are no goold double players in this team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no other WS's player that I miss more than WX. Although LXR has amazing strengths, WX is a different kind of a bomb. How should I put this... she has spunk. That's right. Her play is very spunky. If you ask me, hey isn't TTY spunky too? Yes, but WX is more a classical type of spunk. A refined and highly tuned kind of spunk. Haha, I think some of you do not know what I mean right? WX is that perfect example of that girl that next door that you would never think to have possess such skills in badminton. Now that's just extraordinary SPUNKY!
    Last edited by Pakito; 02-03-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her movement when playing is so nice and smooth to watch... compared to her, other WS players look laboured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought wang xin was injured.....has she recovered?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, no news yet whether she can resume competitive badminton. Didn't see her name registered for the All England or German Open. Another world champion material from CHN , Wang Lin's the other one, whose career is put on the line due to severe injury.

Wang Xin,just like Wang Lin, is forced to 'just let it be or go with the flow or leave it to Fate', whatever. Another disadvantage is Wang Xin's age, about 27, while Wang Lin is nearly 24, slightly better should she persevere to make a comeback, against the odds for both of them.

I'm reminded of the legendary Zhao Jianhua who at the young age of 20 caught pneumonia and was told by the doctor he could never play competitive badminton again but he persevered until his retirement at around age 27 giving the world such wonderful badminton. Heaven knows, if not for his pneumonia which impaired his lung capacity, he might become so dominating that until today he could have been the only player I would ever used the term invincible to describe him, even more than for Lin Dan. Just in case you didn't know, Zhao Jianhua was coached and mentored by Grand Master Hou Jiachang whilst Lin Dan was by Grand Master Tang Xianhu, how fitting, great masters and great disciples.

Well, though ACL(anterior cruciate ligament) injury isn't the same as pneumonia but it can be just as debilitating, esp when it's recurrent as in Wang Lin's case. For Wang Xin, it's also ACL this time but her previous severe injury had to do with her lower back bone protrusion at the coccyx that occurred when she was only 17 which kept her off badminton for years. Therefore, I felt similarities among the three of them - ZJH, WX and WL - in that they all have or had to overcome almost insurmountable obstacles, proof that the human spirit can conquer major physical setbacks and limitations.

Is it then too far-fetched for me to hope for Wang Xin, and Wang Lin too, to make yet another comeback? I hope not and may we in due course see both or either of them back on court. JIAYOU !!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From BWF website http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=70752:

General News

Top Badminton Players Running for Athletes' Commission

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - Text by Gayle Alleyne
    Some well-known badminton personalities five men and three women are vying for three places to represent their peers on the BWF Athletes Commission.

After four days of voting two at the Yonex German Open 2013 and two at the Yonex All England Open Badminton Championships players will know on Thursday 7 March who they have selected to speak and act on their collective behalf for the next four years.

Those seeking election are: Imogen Bankier (Scotland); Cai Yun (China); Koo Kien Keat (Malaysia); Kaveh Mehrab (Iran); Greysia Polii (Indonesia); Yuhan Tan (Belgium); Hans-Kristian Vittinghus (Denmark); and Wang Xin (China). All, except Mehrab who chaired the outgoing Commission are newcomers seeking office for the first time.

Eligible voters must meet at least one of the following criteria:
    Be listed on the Main & Qualifying list of players for the 2013 YONEX German Open or the YONEX All England Championships.
    Be ranked in the top 150 players in Womens or Men's Singles on Thursday 31 January 2013 (the ranking date for the Main and Qualifying draws for the Yonex German Open).
    Be ranked, with another player, in the top 95 pairs in Womens, Men's or Mixed Doubles as at Thursday 31 January 2013.

Voters must select one female candidate, one male candidate and a third candidate of either gender.The three successful candidates will join other current Commission members Lee Yong Dae (Korea); Emma Mason (Scotland; Vice Chair); and Rodrigo Pacheco (Peru) as well as ex-officio member, Pedro Yang (Guatemala).

The six members are selected on a rotational basis, with half the panel having elections every two years. One of the newly-constituted Commissions first duties will be to determine a Chair and that individual will sit on the BWF Council.

For further information on the upcoming BWF Athletes' Commission election, including profiles of the eight candidates, click here.
    The BWF Athletes Commission was established in 2008. Its purpose is to represent the views of athletes to the BWF Council. The Chair of the BWF Athletes Commission is a full voting member of the Council and has the responsibility of advising the Council on matters relevant to athletes.The BWF Athletes Commission is guided by the Athletes Commission Charter.

--- Saw Wang Xin's name in the list (bolded by me) and Cai Yun as well? From this, do I gather that Wang Xin is not retiring and should be back competing once she's fully recovered from her injury and in good shape? Hope so and looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Justin L; 02-15-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fingers and toes crossed for the comeback of spunky queen.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder how Wang Xin is doing. Has she started some light training in badminton? Hope so.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast