User Tag List

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like lin dan, skill is there. A matter of how hungry she is.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cover of a Chinese badminton magazine. The lowest bottom line in yellow says - Wang Xin: I will step anew in the arena

(Is that confirmation that Wang Xin will be back? Btw, I took the picture file from an article dated 1st Aug 2013 which is all about Lin Dan)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

waiting for wang xin in action......

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post

The cover of a Chinese badminton magazine. The lowest bottom line in yellow says - Wang Xin: I will step anew in the arena

(Is that confirmation that Wang Xin will be back? Btw, I took the picture file from an article dated 1st Aug 2013 which is all about Lin Dan)
    By any chance you would be able to read the magazine?? Its really good to see her back in action. If the article inside is posted, it will be fruitful to everybody. I think i have seen her in commentator's chair in some of the matches of world championships.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    By any chance you would be able to read the magazine?? Its really good to see her back in action. If the article inside is posted, it will be fruitful to everybody. I think i have seen her in commentator's chair in some of the matches of world championships.
    No, I don't have the magazine. But I saw her name registered to play in the China Masters SS next month and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Yes, during the WC, Wang Xin was one of the invited guest commentators for some of the matches, one of which I know of was the Chen Long - Sho Sasaki R2 match. Interestingly, the main commentator, Hong Gang, used the occasion to praise Carolina Marin as a very promising player and expressing surprise she was from Spain; he also talked about Russia as an emerging badminton nation to look out for. Both of them began by speaking highly of Sasaki as a phenomenon for suddenly rising at a late age of 28/29; Hong Gang even joked that apart from XXF, probably Sasaki understands Lin Dan the best for having beaten him once and pushing him very hard in a few others so much so that Lin Dan takes him very seriously every time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    No, I don't have the magazine. But I saw her name registered to play in the China Masters SS next month and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Yes, during the WC, Wang Xin was one of the invited guest commentators for some of the matches, one of which I know of was the Chen Long - Sho Sasaki R2 match. Interestingly, the main commentator, Hong Gang, used the occasion to praise Carolina Marin as a very promising player and expressing surprise she was from Spain; he also talked about Russia as an emerging badminton nation to look out for. Both of them began by speaking highly of Sasaki as a phenomenon for suddenly rising at a late age of 28/29; Hong Gang even joked that apart from XXF, probably Sasaki understands Lin Dan the best for having beaten him once and pushing him very hard in a few others so much so that Lin Dan takes him very seriously every time.
    - My local TV commentator also praise Marin.
    - Sasaki vs LD in London Olympics was very good.

Btw, I just found an interview of WX and WSX.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI0MzU0NTQw.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see she back in action again.
    First tournament after comeback may not be as good as many people want to see but at least she have won a match. Continue what you are doing and Keep it up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvenBetter View Post
    Good to see she back in action again.
    First tournament after comeback may not be as good as many people want to see but at least she have won a match. Continue what you are doing and Keep it up!
    what is her agenda after this ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read somewhere and noted that wang xin had decided to retire from active badminton too.. 2 wangs are gone.. leavin another 2 wangs..

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    Read somewhere and noted that wang xin had decided to retire from active badminton too.. 2 wangs are gone.. leavin another 2 wangs..
    if that's true, it will be a sad day. Wang Xin is one of the most exciting WS player to watch when she is in form and not injured.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Wang Xin has been THE most exciting WS player to watch in recent years. What a pity she has to leave that early. I miss her smile.

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    if that's true, it will be a sad day. Wang Xin is one of the most exciting WS player to watch when she is in form and not injured.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.qq.com/a/20131205/016799.htm Yup, this time it's 28-year-old Wang Xin's turn to announce her retirement.

This is what she wrote yesterday(5th Dc'13) on her weibo(microblog):" Putting down the racquet, about to embark on a new journey in life, my gratitude to this big family for their warmheartedness, grateful to my coaches for all their assistance. Thank you all who accompanied me in my strivings. Thanks for all your blessings, also want to thank myself for my earnest effort.... Into the future with a grateful heart, keep moving forward, believe tomorrow will be better!"

Wang Xin may be more unlucky than Wang Lin. In the 2010 World Championships, she lost the final to Wang Lin; the same year she went down to Wang Shixian at the Asian Games to take silver, and at the 2011 World Championships she was denied by Wang Yihan a place in the final. Then at the 2012 London Olympic Games, she was beaten by Li Xuerui in the semifinal and followed by that fateful bronze medal play-off with Saina Nehwal, she sustained an injury mid-way forcing her to concede the match,and the rest is history.

The reporter suspects that Wang Xin and Wang Lin probably discussed with each other their decisions to hang up the racquet for good before making their respective announcements on tengxun weibo(microblog) as they are like sisters who ever went shopping together.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I feel very sad, too, though not too surprised by it seeing her comeback trail hasn't been plain sailing but an uphill struggle. It's never easy for a China player especially considering her age, what with a younger crop of teammates to contend with, such as Sun Yu, Yao Xue, He Bingjiao, Suo Di, Deng Xuan, and, to make it worse, made more daunting by Wang Shixian's magnificent revival and, to a lesser extent, Liu Xin's comeback.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a delight to watch her smooth footwork and killer overhead shots

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

let's rewatch some of her matches. here is Wang Xin running Li Xuerui to the ground in the 2011 French Open. Li Xuerui as we know now, skyrocketed in form and eventually took Wang Shixian's spot in the Olympics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the WS players, I like her the best. I have been quietly and patiently awaiting for her return. I love her style of play. I WANT TO CRY

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, anyone, tell me it is not true.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast