Racket And Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by angelus_2012, Oct 3, 2002.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

Hi, everyone! I'm still a newbie in badminton abd i got questions to ask. I find my racket is quite useless and i would like you all out there to suggest a suitable racket for me.
    I'm a speedy player and i would love to smash. I sometimes suffer from tennis elbow and would like a racket which won't give me more pain. I also want a durable racket that can last longer.
    I also want you all to recommend a string for me. I'm currentlyusing ProAce strings and i found it that it is not a nice string. I would like a string that got sharp sounds and powerful. I also like "The Feel" thing so that i know how much power i have put in.
    So, what is the perfect string tension for a powerful smash and sharp sounds. Not too high please , because i am afraid that it might break ,. Ok that's all.

2. eggster

eggster Regular Member

Student

well...i suggest Yonex titanium! yonex strings are good! not kidding. Pro ACe titanium not bad too....i've used it ONCE..but i prefer yonex! cheerz. :p

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am not really sure whether my point is right or not. I think maybe the way u hold or swing ur racket is wrong, which result in the feeling of uncomfortableness. This happened to a lot of new ppl in my club each year.

Try to let an experience ppl (like a coach) to give u some suggetion on tech before u spend $$$ on racket. If he/she thinks ur tech has nothing wrong at all, then, get a new racket.

4. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    Have to agree with lazy there, before you consider a new racquet, go check up on what's wrong with your constant injuries. Maybe get a tennis elbow brace?

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    for goodness sake, if you are a beginner, spend your time and energy and work on your technique before blaming your racket and strings. they will only make marginal difference. and improvement in your technique will make you leaps ahead.

if you have tennis elbow, that means you have wrong technique. there is no racket that will help you.