Bg 70 Pro vrs Bg 65

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Chia, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    I am a mostly control player, and i lack the power. Should i get bg 70 pro to make up for the power or bg 65 for better control. Oh ya and i play singles most of the time.

Thanks

2. Stalker

Stalker Regular Member

I would also want an answer to this question a.s.a.p. because I am also in the same situation. And also, how many pounds could a aluminum racquet head probably take?

3. Stalker

Stalker Regular Member

another followup question, how many weeks/months do you keep the strings on your racquet until you replace them with new ones?

4. jsevalle

jsevalle Regular Member

student
    I dont know how much an aluminum can take but it is said that it would warp if strung at high tensions, and strings should be replaced if they're either broken or loose.

5. Stalker

Stalker Regular Member

Would stringing it something between 20-25 pounds be okay? What is recommended?

6. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Eric, I think you should get the BG-70 Pro. It will suit your Ti-Tech 1400 really well. I find it gives a much needed power boost over the BG-65 and its control is still well above average. It is really durable too and holds tension quite well.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Chia,

There are people using BG65 with hard smashes, and there are people using BG65 with soft smashes.

Lack of power is not a main factor if you play singles.

Stalker,

Best not to go above 21lbs for an aluminium frame for most models. There are a couple of models which used to be able to take higher tensions (specifically YY cab9)

Replacing strings - definately you should cut all the strings if one string breaks to prevent warping. I now replace my racquet strings when they get quite frayed (but before breaking)

8. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    I am still having trouble with back to back clears. were you go from your end court and clear to the other guys end. And probably my backhand could use a little boost.
    However i do like bg-65 since i used it before, good string and a good selection of colours. I am kinda leaning towards the bg 70 pro

Hugo,
    Thanks for your reply, u still remember my name lol.