Results 86 to 97 of 97
07-15-2009, 03:00 AM #86
After the simply astounding job done here by Chris and Fred, I'll only add a few of my favorite moments of the competition:
- When Howard Bach flicked, and was successful, TWICE IN A ROW on the MD Final. Best part was when people were shouting "anklebreaker!" after Koch of team Austria got tricked and practically twisted his ankle trying to turn around for the desperation backhand.
- The service line judge for the MS Final, some Indonesian guy (I think) named Albert, had some hilarious friends in the crowd that were embarrassing the hell out of him by constantly shouting "Albert callit!" or when there was a dispute about a line call on the back line they were yelling "Albert do something!".
- I think it was during qtrs or semis when Taufik was so distracted from the game he was currently playing, he'd be watching Men's doubles on the far court waiting for his opponent to serve. Really felt bad for his opponents because he'd lose a few points either out of arrogance or not caring, then you'd see something go *click* and he'd completely dominate.
- Some really rowdy guy was making friends with all the non-US players and rooting loudly for them, AGAINST the U.S. players. Some people jokingly on the other side of the stands booed him and called him a traitor.
- Watching Tony Gunawan come back from death several times in his XD matches. The guy's racquet was magnetized to the bird, his defense was unbelievable. To steal a phrase Gil Clark always uses "Not only would he get it back, but he'd get it back WITH INTEREST" (Hint: Say the words in your head with a british accent, sounds cooler)
- People who were yelling "Mona, eat some Rice!" during the WS Final.
- Hearing that traitor guy from above yelling at Phil Chew and Halim Haryanto's MD game "Phillip, just set up Halim! Just set him up! YES THERE YOU GO!" and go completely nuts after Halim would thunder down a winner. He'd yell that out on pretty much every point. (Loved the guy, he brought a lot of character to the games)
07-18-2009, 03:37 PM #87
I like the photos Chris (ctjcad)! Very cool indeed!
07-18-2009, 08:33 PM #88
Last edited by cooler; 07-18-2009 at 08:35 PM.
07-18-2009, 08:41 PM #89
those are some mighty big trophies!
07-18-2009, 10:02 PM #90
07-19-2009, 02:06 AM #91
Off topic-Ah, well...
If only the CHN Taipei MS, Hsueh HY, player didn't come..
If only Stefan W. didn't get injured in the 3rd game of his match..
If only Taufik didn't come..
07-19-2009, 02:19 AM #92
07-19-2009, 02:44 AM #93
Some seriously good shots there Chris !
And some seriously expensive equipment to boot!
07-19-2009, 03:23 AM #94
Thanks & you're welcome..
To bradmyster, CLELY, Chibot, JStandard1, Krisna & Gladius. Glad to share. The endeavor, literally, took 2 pairs of hands to achieve (had another BC member, Daylightkiller, took some of the pics as well).
@ Gladius, yes, and those uber expensive equipments better live up to their expectation..
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-19-2009 at 03:26 AM.
07-25-2009, 09:21 AM #95
we need some beauties to pep up badminton. camon2...
03-30-2010, 12:49 AM #96
i plaYed isabella at te recent HS pasadena tourn.
got smoked T_T
04-07-2010, 12:10 AM #97
By ctjcad in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011Replies: 114: 08-21-2011, 07:45 PM
By ctjcad in forum World Junior Championships 2010Replies: 74: 12-02-2010, 05:08 AM
By ctjcad in forum Malaysia GP / US Open / Australia Open / Canadian Open 2010Replies: 108: 07-26-2010, 10:33 PM
By ctjcad in forum World Junior Championships 2010Replies: 40: 05-20-2010, 07:49 AM
By Sealman in forum Macau Open / Chinese Taipei Open 2009Replies: 2: 09-03-2009, 02:38 AM