Recommend Me a Stringing Machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by dreamzboy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular Member

I'm new at stringing; yet, I want to start off on the right note. I ordered the Eagnas Flex940 at 3:30 PM today, and just cancelled it after viewing the customer service video from aimbc.

Now I'm in the market to find an alternative with great customer services and a reliable machine. I'm hoping someone here with experiences could recommend me a machine comparable to the Eagnas Flex940.

Thank you all!

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    #2 Pete LSD, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  3. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular Member

Thanks Pete for the quick reply. How's the Mutual Power compared to the Alpha Axix Pro?

To add to this thread, are there any additional tools that I need besides the one that comes with the machine? I know I'll get a tension calibrator if they sell one.

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I think you will be fine with the existing tools that come with the machine.

Get electronic tension calibrator that is good to 0.1 lb.

5. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular Member

Any reviews on the mutual power? Customer Service experience, how is it compared to Eagnas Flex940? I really don't want to deal with Eagnas.

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The best person to talk to is optiblue.

7. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular Member

After 24 hours of research and non-stop reading, I've decided to go with Alpha Revo4000. I do have plans to upgrade it to an upright stringing machine but due to space limited, this is the best in storage and portability.

There are lots of great reviews on this machine, hopefully it doesn't fail me. Thanks for the help.

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I would go for the REVO 4000. The shoulder supports don't have a nut at the bottom for added security.

9. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular Member

You would or wouldn't? :confused:

10. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Sorry about the typo. I meant I wouldn't.

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The Mutual Power get very sturdy shoulder supports. Optiblue regularly strung his rackets to 33 + lbs.

12. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular Member

I was leaning toward Mutual Power until I heard the supports get in the way when stringing.

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    They all get in the way of stringing.

14. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular Member

Now I'm confused. :eek:

Base on my readings, Revo4000 is sold out everywhere. Majority of the badminton stores use Alpha brand. They have great reviews in stringforum, tenniswarehouse, as well as members here on this board yet it's no match for the mutual power?

What's in mutual power product line that is comparable to Revo4000? I don't see any crank action machine except for the Titan7700. I'm looking at the table top machine now.

#14 dreamzboy, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  15. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Just wondering if you went with the Mutual Power? I'm interested in getting a Mutual Power machine and looking for some feedback.

16. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

I'm contemplating between Mutual Power Hercules 680 and 690 and Alpha Pioneer DC plus as well.
    There is about a $ 100 difference in price and I'm trying to justify.

MP says they have thumb adjustable Tennis swivel clamps and Alpha says they have dual action swivel clamps.
    MP says they hv load spreaders at tip and throat. Is that beneficial and in what way?
    1.Will these clamps hinder Badminton racket stringing in any way?
    2.Will they be able to clamp and hold a badminton racket wout any modifications or adaptors?
    3.Any difference between the Drop Weight mechanism?

Didn't mean to hijack ur thread Op, but this info might be beneficial to you as well;)

Attached Files:

17. krisss

krisss Regular Member

You can purchase load spreaders at the tip and throat from www.mybadmintonstore.com

They cost approx $10 , so you could always choose the other machine and buy the load spreaders on top.

I'm not sure about the others.

18. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

Ok, that was easy....And I also know that I'll hv to buy flying clamps as well for badminton stringing..What I am wondering if the swivel clamps in these machines would infact hinder the stringing process or would they hv any use at all?

Another one I came across is the Gamma Progression 602 which is same as the new Gamma x-6 for similar price and off course Gamma customer support is superior to many other manufacturers.
    I'm actually closing in on the Gamma unless someone has a different opinion..

A side question, what is a good place to buy badminton supplies? I'm looking to get Yonex clamps, string reels etc..

19. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

Mutual Power Email Exchange Script..

This was my Email Exchange with Mutual Power..The responses were quick, however it was clear that they made no effort to solidify their claim of superiority objectively.

In the end, it was obvious that frustration creeped in and hence an abrupt end..

What do you guys think? Did i push a bit too far?

But i was truly trying to just get some info and was seriously contemplating their machine. Imagine what would it be like after I give them my money!!

James Young
    (james.young@mutualpower.net) Sent: September 4, 2009 11:29:31 AM To: 'Vivek Kajal' (jalandheri@sympatico.ca)

Sorry, not much I can do on the price or free stuff.

Sincerely,

James Young
    Sales Manager
    Mutual Power
    Pegasus USA Inc.
    TEL: 832-8680168

Quoting Vivek Kajal :
    Thx again for the info..U see the fixed clamps are not of much importance as I will be using the machine for Badminton stringing as I mentioned in my first message and you had suggested that I would need Badminton clamps.
    So, fixed clamps or no fixed clamps doesn't really matter.

I was hoping that you can come close to Gamma price and secure a sale. With all the extras along with free shipping it would be a better bargain.And it is not commercial ad for the name but positive reviews from customers and users resulting from a superior customer support. You should have an edge on your competition if you want to stay in business and i was hoping you could prove that in your communication and actions..

Bobby

To: jalandheri@sympatico.ca
    Subject: RE: Info.
    Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 09:17:33 -0400

1. Uni-direction clutch for single hand operation - easy to get to horizontal position and reach precise tension. You do not need 2 hands to operate, one hand pull down and one hand hold the weight drop to hold position.

2. Linear gripper - using linear gripper to pull string linear.
    Rotary gripper - Roll string around the rotary gripper.

3. Gamma x-6 is flying clamp stringing machine. You should compare Gamma x-6c which is with fix clamp stringing machine.
    Hercules machines are fix clamps with 6-point mount stringing machines. Hercules 690 and 750 with more features than Gamma. You sure can pay more money to buy those commercial ad for the name and tools.

Sincerely,

James Young
    Sales Manager
    Mutual Power
    Pegasus USA Inc.
    TEL: 832-8680168

Quoting Vivek Kajal :
    Hello James,

Thx for the info...What wud the advantage be in having a uni-directional clutch for single hand operation?

also, in layman terms, what is the difference between Linear string gripper(680&690) and Rotary griper(730&750)..

It is really a toss up between your machines and Gamma X-6 which comes with free tools, assortment of strings,free stringing book and free shipping which makes it very attractive..Not to mention, on badminton Central and other stringing sites Gamma is more widely known..

I'm surprised you r not competing with them!

Anything u can do to close this deal?

Let me know at the earliest..

Bobby

#19 Nightbird, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  20. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Well, the fixed/swivel clamps still come in handy. If you look at Dink-a-lot's stringing video, he uses both the fixed clamps along with several flying clamps as well (3 i believe). The swivel clamps are most useful towards the end of the mains and crosses, when you have to skip a hole and then go back, because when you skip the hole, flying clamps no longer have a second string to hold on to.

And to be honest, I don't know what all those free tools are, but you really only need a string mover (the one with the little hook) in my opinion, and thats really only for if you're prestringing. I strung about 6 rackets on a basic Klippermate, and the only thing i used was the starting ring, which was essentially a key ring with a bit of string tied to it.