who's hot and who's not after Asian tour

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by 2cents, Jul 6, 2009.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I wrote who's hot and who's not after the European tour (German open, All England, Swiss open). At that time, Lin Dan and Wang Yihan were the best MS and WS players. Zeng Bo/Ma Jin were the best Mixed double. There were no clear best in MD and WD.

Now, it's still not clear who are the best in MD and WD. But in MS, Lee CW should be hottest and Lin Dan sounds like phasing out.

In WS, Wang Xin is the hottest, while Wang Yihan has become mediocre. This Wang Xin has been really amazing. She has beaten all China top WS players in the team training, and also beat Nehwal who just won Indo super open and Zhou Mi who just won the other super Singapore open.

Zeng Bo/Ma Jin are no doubt the hottest among all players, now they have won Swiss, Singapore, Indon, Malaysia Gold,..., they are on the way to make another invincible history.

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I would conclude that Zheng Bo/Ma Jin are the hottest!!! Their fire can't even be put out by the fire extinguisher :D

3. modious

modious Regular Member

I agree.

Zhen Bo / Ma Jin appears extremely hard to beat. I must say I'm very impressed with how Ma Jin reads the game and sets up for Zheng Bo. Of course, Zheng Bo with his smashes........ :eek::eek:

4. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I can't believe that a 21 years old girl is so mature on court. If Lee Yong Dae is to pair with Ma Jin (since they are born in the same year), I think they would be another unbeatable pair too :D

5. modious

modious Regular Member

Yes, if she continues to play like that than I think she could be even better/famous than Gao Ling in future. But we shall see. ;)

Agree that LYD / MJ would be very hard to beat.

The problem with the Korean XD partnership is Lee Hyo Jung's defence......

#5 modious, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  6. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

please use "Indo" or "Indonesia"
    "Indon" is really not polite and really hurt ..... (or maybe you do not know the meaning of "Indon").

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The problem is Lee Hyo Jung. In true Korean style, she's been working harder on her appearance than her badminton. Far too inconsistent in her play.

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

sorry for that... I really don't know "Indon" such a sensitive word. I thought it's just an abbreviation. I will try to use Indonesia in the future, but since Indonesia is just too long and difficult to spell right all the time. I would probably use Indo if i'm lazy,

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

For the 3 recent tournaments, LCW lost in 2nd round in SO, won IO and won MAS GP. LD only participated in IO, and "lost" to CJ (depend on how you see and believe it).

So, in theory, LCW did better in the only tournament for both participated. Well won a championship in GP, which not many top MS players (CHN and non-CHN) participated, and lost in 2nd round in SO, which more MS top players did participated.

So, I am not sure how you say someone is phasing out, when he did not really participate anything (of course, not others fault). While saying someone is the hottest, when he only won 1 Open, lost 2nd round in another, which an injuried BCL won the title, and got almost a freebie in a lower level GP. :rolleyes:

I am not trying to put down LCW. However, are we going to count the upcoming US GP as well, and who ever win that, will be put on the same comparison as LCW and LD as well? :rolleyes:

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Once the WC approaches, it may well be the case where LD is nearing his peak and LCW is phasing out. It has happened before, like all the time.

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Same goes for the CHN WS. If history repeats itself, Saina has little chance against the CHN girls, even in her backyard.

12. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

What you said makes sense. What I said was just some random words spat from my mouth. Anyhow, it's my personal feeling that Lin Dan lost his passion for the fight.

When I was eager to fight, I usually won, but when I feared to fight, I usually lose. Lin Dan usually fears nothing, I remember in many times, he's even eager to play without preparation with some local club champions. While Bao CL always refuses to play because he's afraid of losing. That's the reason Lin Dan always has more than 100% passion and energy to play, which makes him winning most of the time.

But now, he seems not that eager to play, eager to win anymore. He began to worry about losing. That's the reason I am feeling he's in the early stage of phasing out. Of course, he could be back to the stage very strong again.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I do not think he's really fear about losing, especially just for some SS or GP. I would rather guess either himself or the coaches choose to "hide" and wait him to be peak in WC. Just like they did for the "winter military" training.

I think the strategy has 2 major advantages:

1. Avoid any possible injury
    2. Fully study opponents (as they participate in a lot of tournaments), well develope counter strategies, which others do not know.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..Taufik just won the U.S. Open GP. Look out for him in the upcoming World Championships! ;)

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The way he won it doesn't inspire a great amount of hope.
    A five-point victory margin against an unknown player doesn't translate to even a decent shot at the World Championships.

Taufik is certainly one of the greatest players the game has seen.
    What's relevant at this moment is that his game is in sunset mode :eek:

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, u can also use 'Ina' for Indonesia.......shorter, easier for lazy people like us.............:D:D:D

17. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Only 5 points? I was actually expecting more since he's a top player in the US open with good records compared to others.

I have got to see this match. I'll look for it in ctjcad's youtube later. But if there's none, please do inform me ahead of time. Thanks :). Or maybe, if ctjcad is kind enough, he could give me a link :eek:.

And yes! ZB/MJ is SMOKING HOT!!! They're so unstoppable in the Asian tour!!! Lee Hyo Jung has got to improve to face off with this young girl.

18. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I think that is a incorrect reading of LD. IMO, I think LD is really trying to preserve himself for the next additional of Olympic to minimize his chance of injury. Ranking and Open titles are really nothing to him anymore, if he would have 2 OG before he retire, that would put him into "the best MS badminton player ever, no doubt" on the history book, at least for some good years....

What do you think?

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Absolutely and..

..exactly!..psst, notice i put a winky smiley at the end of my post..:)

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    That didn't escape my attention :D