how should i string my racquet?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by xFusion, Oct 5, 2002.

1. xFusion

xFusion Regular Member

im planning on getting my racquet re-strung but have no idea what kinda strings to get and how much tension to string it at.

im using a yonex isometric 90VFS

2. eggster

eggster Regular Member

Student
    ooo....well i suggest u to try Yonex Titanium..the tension depens on ur racket. if ur racket is able to weight on high tension then it should b alright. if not ur racket will break! :)

3. xFusion

xFusion Regular Member

how would i know how much tension my frame can support.

4. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    it should say on the raquet itself

5. xFusion

xFusion Regular Member

what if i went above the recommended tensions.
    theres a sticker on my racquet that says 14-18lbs

but i wanna string my racquet at 20-22 lbs

would my frame start to break fairly quickly? or would it actually work with the 20-22lbs for quite some time before it breaks?

6. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    That depends on many factors. How often you play, how you play, how careful the stringer is, how good he is, how lucky you are. If you have a good stringer and your racquet has few flaws and you don't play often or too hard then it can last a long time. Otherwise it may not make it through being strung. And the shop isn't responsible if it does break.

The vari-frame series seems very fragile to me and I've heard from other people that it's not very sturdy. If you want to chance it, go ahead it's up to you to choose. I've never strung any of my racquets at above recommended tensions. At least not the Japanese Yonex site recommendation. No one's ever accused my smash of being weak, at least not after they've played me.:)

Do you really need such high tensions? Between 18 and 22 you probably won't feel a difference. Why not try better strings instead? Like BG-80, BG-85 or BG-68Ti.

7. xFusion

xFusion Regular Member

well im guessing that my racquet is strung at its recommended right now.. which is within 14-18lbs

and my friend lent me his racquet which is strung at 20 lbs and i just play better with it for some odd reason. and it feels alot more powerful aswel.

so i dunno... i was thinking that maybe if i strung my racquet at higher tensions it would give it a bit more power?

i read alot of posts that say that lower tension gives more power.. but when i use low tension strings it doesnt seem to be powerful at all.
    and its high tension strings i seem to generate alot more power...

i dunno i guess ill try stringing my racquet at 18lbs with bg-68ti and see how it feels.. :) thanks for all your opinions.

8. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    A bit of info I just heard about iso-shape racquet. String them using the 2 string method rather than the traditional 1 string method. This way the head of the racquet is not warped and loses the original iso-shape. btw, BG-68Ti is a good choice. :)