AT700(new) vs. Ti-10(3rd gen)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by redsun615, Jul 8, 2009.

1. redsun615

redsun615 Regular Member

well just testing the waters and seeing what ppl think about the 2....iam currently sporting an arc10 and just want to test out other rackets for fun/more power...

can someone give me some pro's con's of each? iam pretty sure the price range is around the same...and maybe some comparision between the two and/or with my current arc 10?

thanks~

#1 redsun615, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    AT700 (New) is a head heavy racket .. IMHO, it's the heaviest head amongst high-end yonex rackets. It generates thunderous and powerful smash, but unlike its older generation, it's lacking quickness when defending. It took quite a while to get use to the racket; initially was experiencing difficulty in controlling the shuttle.

TI-10, on the other hand is a well-balanced racket. It's fairly balance to attack and to defend; and it is able to generate pretty powerful stroke. In my opinion, the 2nd generation is more user-friendly, but 3rd generation is not really difficult to use either.

If you are playing single, AT700 may be more suitable; and TI-10 is more suitable for doubles.

Between the two of them, TI-10 is closer to Arc Saber 10 in my opinion; but I would still prefer Arc Saber 10. It is somehow more powerful once you get use to it

3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

well, are you looking for a similar racket, or one with different feel?
    imo, few rackets actually have the ARC10's feel. and, i think that the ti 10 is more powerful than the ARC10 as well.

4. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    AT700 and Ti-10 (3rd Gen) are better smashers than Arcsaber series. Took me a while to get used to AT700, but once you do, smashing is powerful effortless.

5. redsun615

redsun615 Regular Member

thanks for the tips so far....how about AT700 vs. AT900p? i tried the 900p before and i found it to be sluggish but with good smashing power...my friend who lent me it had it at low tension so it wasnt a great experience...

6. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    I vote for AT900 Power over AT700 new version. In fact, AT900P with NBG98 @ 25 lbs is my favorite racket. It gives great smashing power (even for people with considerably weak arm like me :D) but still preserving quickness and agility while defending.

7. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

My thoughts:

AT700
    Pros: Has great momentum (head heavy)
    Excellent smashes/clears
    Cons: sluggish for fast drives/lift (defence)
    durability?

Ti-10
    Pros: Excellent defence/counterattack (lifts/drives/crosscourt flicks)
    Above average smashes
    Cheapest among the 3 racquets
    Cons: Low warrantied tension (22lbs)
    Need to generate faster swing speed to compensate on the lightness of the racquet.

Arc-10 (3U)
    Pros: Above average defence
    Above average smashes
    Improved durability?
    Cons: Cost
    Neither fish (attack) nor fowl (defence) :D

8. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    the AT700 vs Ti-10 are of the extremes. one being defensive while the other being more offensive.

9. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Best combination for AT700 is with BG68Ti at 25/27, for me that is. BG68Ti is not my favorite string, but it goes very well with AT700 as it lessens the vibration and dampens the forces of receiving smashes or smashes.

I have not tried AT900P but I have AT900T. So far, I haven't found the best combination of the AT900T. I tried NBG95 on it, found it too hard, though the defensing is pretty solid feel. Now I had it strung with BG70Pro and see if it's better that way.

10. redsun615

redsun615 Regular Member

well i most likely will string it with NBG98 cuz i still have a few packs left over (i did bulk order online)...iam leaning towards the AT700 ....but i will give my friend's AT900p another shot...he said he restrung it at 24lbs with NBG98's as well...

but is the AT900p stiffer than the AT700?

11. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

yes, by quite a bit. i find the AT700 pretty flexible for its extra stiff rating.