User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The height and the fitting racket

Hi

I'm a newbie here and i'm very interested about what's written here.
    I start playing Badminton for 4 month and i have to say that Badminton
    is one of the physical game I used to play before. I like to play double more
    than single. In a single game you have to have a good condition. If i play a
    single game before I'm not able to play a game more.I rather prefer playing double, 'cause
    you don't have to run the whole court.I Guess that single games is better for people which height
    is over 5"8(176cm). I'm a small player. About 5"5(167cm).I'm very quick and my reaction to opponents Smash
    is very good at the court but it is difficult for me to play long ball on a single.In my Club, i play with
    different people that height is between 5"3(160cm) and 6 "3(192cm).We often mix and I often recognize that
    i allways lose on a single game. Maybe it is the rackets fault. I start playing with Yonex Ti-3(2U/G3) and found
    out that this racket is very heavy.I most do not hit the Ball correctly.Mostly too late.And my arm is getting tired
    soon.Then i switch to Carlton 2000 TFX, which is very light. I like that racket very much but it is too light and
    the smash a very very weak.Now i'm playing with a Yonex Ti-7 Long(2U/G3) and i have to say that this is a very
    good racket.It shaft is very thin.I am Surprise that it doesn't break. The Only thing that still bother me is that
    it is still to heavy.Next week i start playing with a Yonex MP-99 (3U/G3).Hope this racket can fix my problem.Can you
    tell me which racket is good for which height?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Technicalmove,

Nice to read that you discovered badminton and your'e enthousiastic about it.
    First of all, i'm surprised that you have tried so many rackets in a short period of 4 months. Maybe switching to another racket will benefit you for some points on short notice, but i think you have to realize that you are in a 'discovering' phase of badminton, and you can improve on a lot aspects by practising and taking lessions from coaches. The racket you use during that period is one of the least important things.
    Choosing for a high-end racket in an early stage will cost you money, and maybe after some time your playing style appears to fit better to another racket.
    So my advice is to start practising with a not too expensive racket and try to improve on your weak points by practice, practise, practise.....
    In the long run, you can try some rackets and decide what you like most to play with.
    About the height, i don't think it matters.. it's all about personal preference...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Yong

Thanks for your reply.I mostly agree what you said,but i think that if you are trying on a raquet from the begining and you are getting well with it, so i guess you would never chance for another raquet.Me, i am a fanatic fan of Label Product. And in my opinion Yonex is doing a very well job on designing one of the most best raquet in the world. I would never chance to another Label.Most badminton accessoirs that i own are from Yonex. And most of the Professional Player are using Yonex. I have played with several raquet from other Label. And they feel not to be very suitable for my Style or i mostly felt to break them if i do a hard smash. With an Yonex raquet i don't have such feeling. If i start playing with less expensive raquet - they are heavier - and later switch to expensive raquet - lighter raquet - all my clear,drops and smashes will go outside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u should be aware that even Yonex does screw up on some products some times.. (50mf Iso) what a piece of crap. and even yonex is susceptable to damage and breaking... but hey, if u got the Euros/DeustchMarks, then go for it.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Technicalmove,

As a long time player of badminton, it seems to me there is always something new about badminton to learn and refresh.

One thing that it is difficult for beginners and many regular players is that badminton is a highly technical game. It's not easy to learn smash, clears, serves, net shots. There are many subtle turns of the fingers which have profound effects on the shuttle.

One nice thing about badminton is that it is relative easy to start off playing rallies. To play really good takes many years.
    Combined with the fact that that you don;t need to smash hard to win a game, well, that's why it is such a fascinating game.

Oh yeah, there are plenty of people who are under 5'8" playing singles

Enjoy yourself - hope you continue to enjoy the game as much as we do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow seems like Yonex just got another loyal customer. There is nothing wrong with yonex racquets and accessories, but just don't get caught up in the equipment aspect of badminton and forgot about your techniques. Example, if you can hit baseline clear, don't go and buy a head-heavy power racquet, but work on your strokes and form. If you can hit drop shots and other soft touches, don't go and switch your strings, you practice those shots. You probably get my point, work on the technique part of the game, don't blame your equipment.