Yonex Nanospeed 500 vs Armortec 250

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by evox2, Jul 8, 2009.

1. evox2

evox2 Regular Member

I had been using yonex carbonex 18sp for more than a decade ago. After picking up badminton again, I think its time for me to change to a new racket.

I have been torn between Nano speed 500 and Armortec 250. I used to play more with my arm power rather than wrist, I have drop shot too. however i have a weak back hand as well :p I'm leaning more to Armortec since its giving better smash, however i'm worried on the head weight.

Anyone can shed more light on both rackets? I'm sure it will be totally different feeling from my antique carbonex 18sp :D

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

well, i find that the NS500 isn't overly head light, that it has a good balance imo. the AT250 isnt overly head heavy either, but head heavy none the less.

I lean toward the at250, because i find it a decent racket.the NS500 is good as well, but the at250 has more of an impression.

3. TonksShuttle

TonksShuttle Regular Member

Student
    I play with the ns500 and i find it very good for moving your opponent around but the smashing power is lacking because of medium stiffness and head light frame.I would go with the at250 but if your short on cash go with the ns500 .

4. evox2

evox2 Regular Member

one more question, compare this lower end AT250 to higher end AT700/900, does the power/control difference like day and night or just slight difference?

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    That depends on your preference. Like Lin Dan used to use AT700, he didn't bother changing to AT900P/T because AT700 feels good for him.

6. evox2

evox2 Regular Member

Which one head heavier? AT50 or AT250?

7. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    I reckon AT250 is leaning toward AT700 (new version) rather AT900, but definitely has a great difference in power and control. I generally find made-in-Taiwan Yonex rackets are rather too stiff & rigid; hence unable to produce a whipping effect.

You may want to look at AT250 Limited edition. It has beautiful & eye-catching paint job and feels fairly good too. However, at that price, I would prefer Yonex Muscle Power Limited (I may sound like a broken radio repetitively promoting muscle power ltd over & over again :D ). It's a made-in-Japan Yonex racket with friendly pricing.

8. evox2

evox2 Regular Member

muscle power ltd? I haven't seen it before. mind post any link on it?

Actually is the AT250 same as the ltd? According to the sales person, the head of ltd is heavier than the normal version.

9. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    You can see muscle power limited pics here http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=817751.
    The paint job is rather similar with MP99, but at slightly darker yellow color. Many shops will advise you that the feels are pretty similar with MP99 - but as far as my experience concerns - it doesn't. I feel MP Ltd is less stiffer than MP99 and slightly lighter as well.

I find MP Ltd is one of very few under-priced made-in-Japan Yonex rackets. In Singapore, you can buy MP Ltd at S$120 - 140 - very similar price with made-in-Taiwan Yonex rackets.

AT250 Ltd is probably having heavier head compared to normal AT250, but I feel it less stiffer; and it gives slight flexible feeling.

10. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I think AT50 is different from AT250 as out of the new Armortec series, AT30 is the only one that replaces AT150, which I believe have similar spec. AT50 is head-heavy. Just grab it and feel it with its original string.

11. evox2

evox2 Regular Member

i went to try out the AT250 and AT250Ltd, in fact the Ltd head is much heavier than the normal version. The shaft should be much stiffer too.

12. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    AT250LTD's design is better than it's original counterpart too~

13. evox2

evox2 Regular Member

yup, 250ltd design is one of the best but the price is also one of the highest for yonex low end racket.