how to improve your game in summer...???

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Ghulam Arshad, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Ghulam Arshad

Ghulam Arshad New Member

I am 15 years old and am 6"2' tall. I am a very good player but i have poor stamina and i would give myself B+ in my back hand skills. Usually in tournaments, i reach the finals but then someone shorter me defeats me because of my poor stamina. You have to play like 4-5 games and win all of them to reach the finals and playing all those games drains all of my energy and It's very frustrating to lose the finals (once it's OK but 4-5 times), it's really annoying.

I practice every day from september to June. In summer, there are no clubs and school's closed. This year I want to win the finals, Please all the experts out there, Help me out!!

Any suggestions on how to keep my self fit in the summer and improve or overcome my weaknessess?

#1 Ghulam Arshad, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

You are very tall for your age.:D

What I would suggest is to take advantage of the sunshine to go out there and do some cardio. Not to mention there are still handful of private clubs that are operating during the summer, it is not too expensive to join.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if stamina alone is your issue, then either go running or do some skip ropes. time yourself to see if you can do 15-30mins worth of skipping.

4. Monster

Monster Regular Member

15 yr old and poor stamina? What have you been doing, young boy?

5. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

i don't know what the drill is called, but there're these lines in the gym court (for volleyball, basketball, badminton...). so our coach used to have us line up at one end of the gym, run to the otherside, but everytime i cross a line, we have to touch the line, then run back to the wall, and run back to the next line; or a variation is everytime you get to a line you have to do like 20 jumping jacks or 20 squats... try doing that for 10min straight, :p

6. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

those are called suicides I believe...

I rather do that than fast shadowing, less tiring

7. ExileAl

ExileAl Regular Member

Going to school
    Run around for like 5min through 10min a day. Then your stam will increase.

8. William86_98

William86_98 Regular Member

Student
    if you already know that stamina is your problem, then you've already answered your question. obviously, running and footwork drills will help you solve that problem. There is no other "magic method" for improving your stamina. if you want something more specific, i would recommend looking into interval training (can find tons of programs online).

9. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

oh you're wrong. there IS a magical formula: TV + junkfood

because we are visual learners, so everytime we see something on TV, like people running or doing excercise, our body adapts through immitation and automatically emulates the excercises seen on TV.

and our body adapts to our environment, so the more junkfood you eat, the more resistent you become to the food. so after a month or so, your motabolism will become so fast that anything you eat will automatically become muscles

:p :lol:

10. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

if that is true, obesity shouldn't really be a problem in the u.s. should it? overload on McDonalds and then over time body finds out how to burn it away... but not the case...

aww if only it were that easy watching taufik or other pros play matches so smoothly, if only my body would imitate and automatically make me so good

11. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Why not take on some martial arts lessons? It will help you improve on all aspects, including stamina!:D