How to improve the strength of my arm ?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by exxn0mercy, Jul 11, 2009.

1. exxn0mercy

exxn0mercy Regular Member

Student
    How to improve the strength of my arm? I want my smashes to be strong n hard. My technique is ok. just smashes are not enough strong ..:confused: Probably it's not enough of strength

#1 exxn0mercy, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    I doubt its the strength of your arm. There are many players that are small or skinny yet their smash is significantly strong due to their technique.

3. William86_98

William86_98 Regular Member

Student
    it's usually more of a lack of racquet speed than a lack of strength.

4. exxn0mercy

exxn0mercy Regular Member

Student
    more racquet speed need more strength isn't it ?? @_@ am I right ? or wrong ?

5. Azianhero

Azianhero Regular Member

actually the power of the smash comes from your core. If you learn the proper technique (or in other terms, weight shift) to smashing, then you don't have to worry about arm. The arms are there for you to swing down and also you would want to have good wrist power. Get a coach to show you how its done

6. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Do push-ups, dumbell training, and wall-sit. If you are not playing games, try swing around a tennis racquet like you would with a badminton racquet.

7. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    I don't know if any1 agree with me here, but Azianhero said "actually the power of the smash comes from your core." that is partial right only. I do agree if he says something like this
    actually MOST of the power of the smash comes from your core.

But anyway, this is not answering the question of the thread.
    If you want to increase the power of your smash, then you should practice your technique first of course.
    and later just do all those squad exercise, those stuffs boost your strength pretty good. If i'm not wrong, they makes you stronger but doesn't aggressive increase your muscle size. That's what i heard from a friend, don't yell or argue with me if i'm wrong. I don't really care. I don't do those exercise, cuz too lazy, but if itz really increase your strength without your muscle size, please some1 tell me, so i can practice. Cuz I'm a short guy, I don't want big muscle to make me look shorter. My wide size already big now, I don't want to get bigger, so if any1 able to test it out tell me =).

8. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Badminton mostly depend on sudden explosive power. Getting the right technique will gives you the basic knowledge and how to activate your power, but doesn't increase your power. If you need more power, you will need to go through training and practicing, especially those explosive power that you want to activate in a fraction of second.