User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by venkatesh View Post
    There's no description of his style of play in Wikipedia.

Would you care to start stating his strengths and weaknesses?
    LCW

Strengths: Stamina, and strong cross court smash.

Weakness: Weak mental. Easily succumbed to pressure and get worked up under bad line calls.

There's probably more but that's all I can think of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..do the players' weaknesses and strengths change from:
    - Tourneys to tourneys?
    - Year to year?
    - Partner to partner (if they're Doubles players)??
    - Event to event (if a player changes from playing Singles to Doubles and vice versa??)..
    Are the ones listed on wikipedia more or less the accumulation of all of those players' playing years/career??..
    I think yes!

Along with time (tourneys + exercise + practice + experience + etc), they will change. And that will make differences between good and better player. Who keep improving will survive and of course, we must update their strengths...

I think tennis is one of sport that really care about things like this, i mean, statistic, strengths and weakness, and history of tourneys. It must be very good if badminton can be like that too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^So..^^

..how many times should we update a player's weakness(es) or strength(s)??..once a yr? twice a yr? once every 4 yrs? once s/he retires?..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..or maybe we should do it tourny by tourny. That why people would know why the players win or lose in that tourny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad_fanatic View Post
    ..or maybe we should do it tourny by tourny. That why people would know why the players win or lose in that tourny.
    No point in that, cause it's not like LCW gets better between Singapore open, and IO, or between AE and swiss open.

Yearly is good, unless it's like team china where the players disappear for a few months, come back improved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as a learner , i would like to read how or in what period of time do they over come their weaknesses, cuz that's what would help lots of guys like me reading the thread.So people come up with some helping material instead of gossips.

P.S. No offence intended (at least don't ban me for this MODS,:P)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..how many times should we update a player's weakness(es) or strength(s)??..once a yr? twice a yr? once every 4 yrs? once s/he retires?..
    Hehe. Every 'amazing' improvement he/she made! I mean, if a player cannot do crosscourt smash before and now he/she is master on that, we must note it as strength. ^^

Must be fun if we make predict by write on these 'point', hehe. Ex: if the two player meet, we can write:
    TH vs LCW
    Backhand: 5 vs 4
    Forehand: 4 vs 5
    Movement: 3 vs 5
    Mental strength: 4 vs 4

Just my opinion,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aulia View Post
    Liliyana Natsir
    Strengths --- As a mixed double player, she has very good defensive shots. She is not afraid of being attacked. In front of the net, she can be very dangerous with tight net shot and her crosscourt smash.

Weakness --- Despite usually being top seeds, she just doesnít have the Ďchampioní attitude. Often do some Ďamateurí expression that can make her opponent gaining confidence to beat her.

Vita Marissa
    Strenghts --- Her placement almost perfect. If she is in good mood, her shot is very difficult to read since she uses so much slice and wrist technique.

Weakness --- Power is not her friend. Three same shots comeback to her if she is in backside position, she will give up doing smash and just lob it.
    Great observation. After reading your review, I watched Lilyana and Vita's mixed doubles match. Indeed, Natsir's defense is surprising. Indeed, Marissa's smashes are usually returned to her. Goog job. I'd like to hear more from you. Most especially, your observation with Natsir and Marissa's male partners, Nova Widianto and Flandy Limpele. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lyd

Lee Yong Dae
    Strengths --- Lee Yong Dae is known for his great anticipation, superb net skills, good placement, incredible court awareness, and fast movement. He is also very flexible, surprisingly reaching the shuttle far from him, which usually catches his opponent off guard. For such a young age, it seems like he has gained a lot of experience on court, even surpassing other experienced veterans in the men's doubles category. Don't be fooled by his innocent looks as this Olympic champ can be very lethal.

Weaknesses --- Although his defence is very effective, he sometimes overdo his placement that the shuttle gets caught up in the net. During flat exchanges, he usually intimidates his opponents by moving forward, therefore, getting tangled up with the speed of the shuttle. And in some attempts to be deceptive, Lee Yong Dae mishits the shuttle or makes a shot that leaves his partner vulnerable. His jump smash also looks awkward. (It may be effective, but it still looks awkward. )

This is just my observation. Please don't get mad if you're a fan. Overall, he's a very gifted player. And being young that he is, Lee Yong Dae still has a lot of tournaments to win.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe many of you can add some about our Olympic Gold Medalist.

Hendra Setiawan
    Strengths --- His calmness helped him in front of net. He can do VERY tight net shots and blocks, forcing his opponent sending another net shot that usually failed or getting punch by him, or sending it loose to back where Kido is ready to kill. His placement is very accurate even his defensive shot is controlled well. His ability to read his opponent shots is amazing. He is often changing his direction of shots between rallies, causing his opponent frustrate and wrong-footed.

Weakness --- Overdoing placement. I don’t know but lately, I think he is EASIER to make some silly mistakes.

Markis Kido

Strengths --- His jumping smash. With Setiawan in front of net, he will be a GIANT killer with this jumping smash. His ability to do it consecutively is remarkable. Lately, I think he is improving in front of net. His defensive shot is very good too. With his height, doing drive shots is becoming easier.

Weakness --- Getting nervous when facing some good defensive players. When his smash and faking drop shot doesn’t working, he looks very amateur and losing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, very thanks then. . I m not really good writing English so plz forgive me if I can't explained it in the best description.

Flandy Limpele
    Strengths --- I didnít see Limpele much. But I can say that Limpele has one of the best smash; power and placement. Helped by his height, he can do overhead crosscourt smash with amazing depth. When I see he played with Vita Marissa, heís just becoming BIG brother for her. I think he is very reliable as partner. Ah ya, I think he is very good about controlling emotion. Very calm player.
    Weakness --- He is not young anymore. Playing with fast pace will put him under pressure much. Since most of his shots depend on his accuracy, he usually lost control when his stamina is drop.

Nova Widianto
    Strengths --- Until now, I cannot really see his very BEST shot. I mean, he is above average but not special. None of his shot can be trademark of him. His experience helped him through most of matches. I think he is okay with his shots. Sometimes this can make he is very dangerous since his opponent didnít really care about his shots.
    Weakness --- His poor service. Critical points will trouble him MUCH. His recovery is very slow (IMO), getting older doesnít help him at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aulia View Post
    Ah, very thanks then. . I m not really good writing English so plz forgive me if I can't explained it in the best description.

Flandy Limpele
    Strengths --- I didnít see Limpele much. But I can say that Limpele has one of the best smash; power and placement. Helped by his height, he can do overhead crosscourt smash with amazing depth. When I see he played with Vita Marissa, heís just becoming BIG brother for her. I think he is very reliable as partner. Ah ya, I think he is very good about controlling emotion. Very calm player.
    Weakness --- He is not young anymore. Playing with fast pace will put him under pressure much. Since most of his shots depend on his accuracy, he usually lost control when his stamina is drop.

Nova Widianto
    Strengths --- Until now, I cannot really see his very BEST shot. I mean, he is above average but not special. None of his shot can be trademark of him. His experience helped him through most of matches. I think he is okay with his shots. Sometimes this can make he is very dangerous since his opponent didnít really care about his shots.
    Weakness --- His poor service. Critical points will trouble him MUCH. His recovery is very slow (IMO), getting older doesnít help him at all.
    I feel Nova has a strong backhand which lets him be a little lazier around court, but I find his smash is pretty average and isn't reliable to be doign a lot of damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad_fanatic View Post
    I'm surprise that you have LD, TH, WMC, but no LCW.
    haha yeah but i would leave taufik and lindan up. But who the f*** is wmc lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuello1994 View Post
    haha yeah but i would leave taufik and lindan up. But who the f*** is wmc lol
    Umm... in the original post....there's somebody named Wong Mew Choo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fu Haifeng = good offence, great smashes, but poor on defence

i watched that he's the one who were being targeted by his opponents

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hi no Samurai View Post
    Fu Haifeng = good offence, great smashes, but poor on defence

i watched that he's the one who were being targeted by his opponents
    agree with you. He needs to improve more on his defence especially when he change his gripping that time to defence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default front court improvement

Just wait. As you can observe, he has tremendously improved in his front court play. He's just taking it one step at a time. If he improves in his defense, whoa, the Cai-Fu tandem would be unstoppable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast