How is Yonex NBG-95??

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mokmatthew, Jul 14, 2009.

1. mokmatthew

mokmatthew Regular Member

As mentioned in my previous thread, I have broken strings on my AT900P and AT900T. And now I am considering whether to string them with NBG 95 or not...:confused:

In the past, I used 70pro and I like smashing. How do you guys think about the string NBG95?? Is it a good string? How is it compared with 70pro? I have read Sir DinkALot's review but I would like to hear also the comments of ohers. Thanks for your help!:p

BTW, I want a string that can hold tension well....I really hate a drop in tension..is NBG95 good at holding tension? Thanks!!

P.s. Do you guys know what colour NBG95 has?? As far as I know, there is a gold one. Is there red and blue colour available??

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe N95 only has metallic gold color available. It holds tension better than BG65 at least. Personally, this string is not my favorite, as I found it's rather stiff. I assume it might be a good choice for smash-happy type players, but people who prefer control / defense may want to stay away from it.

Also, personally, I think N95 only feels "acceptable" when strung at higher tension (i.e. 25 or more). Lower tension of this string just simply feels weired, at least for me.

3. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    N95 also comes in RED as i've read previously on this thread.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I believe you mean to say NBG98 comes in red.

NGB95 comes in Navy-Blue, Silver gray, Graphite and Cosmic gold (normal color)

NGB98 comes in Red, Yellow, Pink and Cosmic gold (normal color).

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    NBG95....Not my favorite string. It feels too hard even though I'm a heavy smasher. I still prefer BG80, BG85 or my new love, BG66. BG68Ti is soft, but feels okay at high tension (25lbs+). BG70Pro is also very nice at high tension. My advise would be stick with BG70Pro since you like it.

6. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

i tried nbg 95 at 26x28 lbs on a arc 7
    i turned out sorta weak :p
    to stiff for me

7. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    I believe it's different with your style or kind of play.I strung it with my Armortec 900 P at 24x25 and which in my case, it's a pretty good string IMHO.

It's had almost identical power and repulsion, also feel like using BG66, but with less sound. And I'm not that type who like to play with a loud sound since it's better suite me. (Beginner)

And the durability of course better. I normally re-strung back every 2 or 3 weeks since i play almost everyday. But now since i move to melaka, i rarely get a chance to play bcoz a lack of friend's here.

But,my conclusion is, the were no such the best string out there but focus and find a string that could suit you the most and pull out your hidden abilities that you do not know you'll have it.

8. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    try the 98 i feel that its just an upgrade to the 95

9. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    I would say it is a BG66 on steroids. It lasts longer than BG66 but still feels kind of the same. Plus it does not lose tension as much as the BG66. The only drawback is, it is too damn expensive!!!!

10. Senayan

Senayan Regular Member

I string my ARM-900P with NBG95 26lbs, good power for smash :D still not use to for net play. I used to string with BG-66.

11. Deathsticks

i take that back
    i tried out the nanospeed 9900 with nbg95 strung at 24
    it was fantastic!
    the feel was great!
    i felt more powerful

12. macatawa

macatawa Regular Member

I have been expementing with different strings after studying DinkAlot's review. I am by no means an expert. In the past two weeks I had two racquets strung:

Victor Nano 7 3U strung with NBG-95 @ 24#
    Victor AT TI-99 3U strung wth BG-80 @ 24#

The NBG-95 feels very mushy as compared to the BG-80 which is crisp.
    The NBG-95 was crazy at the net.....frustrating for me. Don't know if itis because of the slippery feeling or if it lost a bit of tension...or a combination. This afternoon I will re-string with BG-80....waste of money but good lesson learned.

13. macatawa

macatawa Regular Member

Omg!!

I just came back from having the racquet restrung. The shop owner looked at it and told me it was FAKE:eek:. When I picked out the racket at a different shop here in china, I left it to be strung and picked it up in the afternoon. The people there swaped the real for the fake. Apparently this is very common in China. Probably especially true with Victor brand as they manufacture in Nanjing which is one hour away from my home in Hefei.

That explains the extra heavy head and spongy stiffness I felt. Also explains the problems with the string.

My apologies to the NBG-95 lovers!! It is apparently an ok option but I opted for BG-95 just to be safe.

gain...sorry for the confusion.

14. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

It is a different string, takes a while to get used to..I have used it on my AT 700 and my Apacs AMP 95 and I liked it after few sessions but the transition was tricky!!

Gpower likes this.
  15. Deathsticks

hmm same thing happend to one of my friends
    always check the racket to make sure its the same exact one
    you could just put some kinda marker to a sticker on your racket so you'll know its yours :p
    like just take a sharpie and draw somthing on the butcap

Btw did she/he tell you why its fake?

#15 Deathsticks, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  16. macatawa

macatawa Regular Member

No, when confronted, the manager told my wife (Chinese) that part of the money would be refunded, turned around and disappeared into an office. We didn't get all of the money back but I feel I was lucky. While I was waiting for my wife to finish her loud and frantic dissatisfaction, I checked the rack and found fake racquets mixed into the good ones. I am told this is too common. Good thing is I found an honest dealer in town (he is the one who showed me of the fake). Will not buy from anyone else from here on out.

I have heard that some of the fake racquets (no matter the brand) actually do perform as good as the authentic ones. In this case, there is a world of difference.

BTW, do you use NBG-95 and have you any experience with NGB-98?

17. Deathsticks

i c
    i have friends that have nbg95 strung on their rackets and some times they let me use them
    i havent used nbg 98 yet its not even released into the US yet(is it?)

18. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    you cant find it in the u.s but u can order from mybadmintonstore.com I don't tend to use it cause its only good at a really high tension but they max i'm willing to go is 26. (scared my racket will break)

19. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    NBG98 is JP exclusive. It's unlikely going to be distributed worldwide.

20. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

NBG98 strings are easily available here in singapore, both JP and SP versions..:D