Court Rotation System at a Club

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by badilover, Jul 15, 2009.

1. badilover

badilover New Member

Hi, all badminton lovers. I am looking for a low tech, court rotation system to be used at a club with only 3 courts. Right now, when a court is free, the first to jump in gets to play ... usually not very fair to new comers.

Any suggestions or experience in this? Keep it as simple as possible. And keep in mind that no one will be in charge. It needs to be self governing. No computer solutions/programs please.

Thanks
    --badilover

2. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    Have an organisor and a whiteboard. Draw up 3 squares which are the 3 courts. If people wish to play, they write their name on 1 of the squares. If a group of people want to have a game they organise it and write their names together which creates a list of games at the side of the board and the next available court put those games on in order of when they were written.
    This way works well at a few clubs i know. Basically you organise your games, and everyone keeps happy. If you dont write your name up and get organised then you miss out.

3. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Get a whiteboard. Make 2 columns and 6 rolls. Left column for register names and right column for court occupied. Scratch it when the players enter. When the players leave, tell them to wipe their names off so the next set of players can put their names down.

4. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

that truly will depend on the "morals" of the people that go there then. you should have rules clearly printed and displayed that anyone violates this "sharing" system, they are banned either temprarily or permanently. otherwise, if no regulators there, people can really just still go and jump on courts even with a rotating system.

5. Tomsk

Tomsk Regular Member

The club I'm in (and some clubs I've visited) use a peg board system.

In our club, names of club members as they come off courts (and as they arrive) are put on the top of the stack. Members coming off court are prioritised as winners first, females first. The person at the bottom of the stack then picks three others from the seven above themself and moves the pegs to one side, leaving a new name at the bottom of the stack.

6. smashergirl

smashergirl Regular Member

programmer
    In our team we make use of a whiteboard and magnetic name tags. The names of regular members are printed permanently, plus we have blank tags for guests. There's a separate column for the people who are currently playing and on which court, and another column for those in the queue. Once a set finishes, the set topmost in the queue column plays next and their tags are moved to the 'PLAYING' column. Those who just finished playing can form another set, and place their name tags at the bottom of the queue.

7. badilover

badilover New Member

thanks

Thanks all for the ideas. We are currently trying out a peg board system but change is a difficult hurdle. Currently, we have three columns and each column represents a specific court. You wait for the specific court. This is fine but the movement of the tags up the column is a pain.

I think the white board is a good idea. I also like the magnets too. Eventually, I try to convince the club to switch.

Thanks again. Happy smashing!