disappointing 9824

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by shihman, Jul 16, 2009.

1. shihman

shihman Regular Member

i just got my yonex 9824 two days ago and i am a little disappointed with it. well first let me state what i like about it and then what i was hoping that the bag would have.

first impression, this is a great looking bag. the main color combination is navy blue and silver with white lettering of yonex and a touch of neon green stitching is nice. the material is very solid so it definitely build very sturdy. the bag is very roomy with 2 large compartments: 1 for rackets (6-8) and the other for shuttles and larger items such as articles of clothing, snacks, or anything bulky. however there are still plenty of room for larger items on the racket side as well. 1 shoe pocket zipped from the underside of the bag and it takes up the inside space of the none racket side compartment. 1 side pocket which stretchs 2/3 of the length of the bag. however it is a flat pocket so not much choices for what can be placed in the said pockets. lastly, the bag comes with 2 backpack type straps and also two handles for hand carrying if desired.

now the disappointing part. i wish other than the 1 large racket compatment, the bag should have more smaller compartments to seperate items like dirty clothing; grips; bandages; knee, ankle, arm braces; and subdivid the side pockets into 2 smaller pockets as well to seperat wallets, phone, keys and changes and smaller items.

but overall this is a wonderful bag but i think it is a little over priced because of the brand name.

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Might want to look at the BAG802 next time. It comes with extra features which you maybe looking for. I have the BAG802AI.

#2 Matt, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  3. shihman

shihman Regular Member

yeah the 802 is the JP version of the 9824 which is a better quality bag. too bad we have no place to buy JP products here.

thx for the info.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    For JP versions, you need to purchase online.

5. shihman

shihman Regular Member

yeah i have looked. no store in the US sells the JP version and i can't read japanese to order it from japan. unless you know of a stroe that i can order from.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    US stores are only allowed to sell what Yonex USA gets.

I have the 802AI which I purchased online.

7. shihman

shihman Regular Member

can you please let me know the site you ordered from? i would like to return my US version and get the JP version if i can.

thank you,

8. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    This would be the best place to go:
    http://shuttle-house.com/PAGE_top_E.html

9. shihman

shihman Regular Member

thx, i'll look into it.