Yonex Top-end rackets origin BIG SECRET!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mokmatthew, Jul 17, 2009.

1. mokmatthew

mokmatthew Regular Member

Just saw this from badmintoncn.com, don't know whether it's real or not?
    http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/thread-79763-1-1.html

Any members who can't read chinese please read the following translation:

Yonex's low-end, middle-end rackets are made in China. Many people usually think that the top-end rackets are made in Japan, however this is not the truth!

The answer is: ALL of Yonex's rackets are made in CHINA, Yonex is just playing a trick in its top-end rackets. The trick is the top-end rackets are originally made by a company in Dong Guan in China, "东莞源泰运动器材有限公司". After the raw products are made, all rackets are transported to Japan for spraying the paint and checking the quality. Finally, the word "made in Japan" is printed at the bottom of the racket!

What a bad news to all Yonex top-end rackets supporter..:mad:(If this is the truth!)

2. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

I'll need someone to verify this before I believe this.

3. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

haha relax bro maybe this is jus some people trying to damage yy image... (LN worker?:rolleyes:) or other ppl that hates yy... anyway this is post by a forum member from the other forum... no proof at this point of time to back up his words... but wat he says also can be possible(due to cost savings?:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:)... so wait and see any updates of news or not:)....

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Most Cosmetics that is "Made In Paris" or Italy or France is also made in China. YY's high end racket that is Made In Japan is possibly Manufactured in China too. Maybe the Handle comes from China too.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Basically everything we see, buy and use are Made in china according to chinese...

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The key for production is Quality Control. Regardless who makes the product, as long as it has a decent QA system, the quality is usually good. So, even if the claim is true, I will not lose sleep.

Seriously, even in the same factory, there are skillful workers and rookies. If the quality control system is very rigid, regardless who has his/her hand on the item, it has to go through numerous test in order to be approved to release. On the other hand, even if you have the best hand, once you make thousands, you will always end up a few defective ones. If the QA did not find it, or do not even care to find it, then your reputation of quality will suffer.

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Over here, the Yonex range have on the handle : Made In China, Made in Taiwan and Made In Japan. My badminton friends prefer those that are Made In Japan and these are definately more expensive. Are these really made in Japan? I mean the whole racquet. And are they really better and superior in quality?

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yonex high end suppose to have "made in Japan". If you see a high end racket such as NS9k, AT700 marked at Made in CH, then it's a fake to begin with.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

HAhah thats a nice one.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks LazyBuddy.
    You mean Yonex have different range and categories that are made in different countries based on their qualities?

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

The topic has been discussed before.
    High end -> Made in Japan. I saw them in the factory before.
    Mid -> Made in Taiwan. Will tour next year.
    Low end (steel racquet. not worth buying) -> Mad in China.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks Silentheart. I found the Sub forums.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Based on the line of production. So, there's no 2 lines of AT700, say one in JP, one in TW.

14. spawn

spawn Regular Member

sales
    To me it does not matter where they make it. It does matter is it good and worth the price...

15. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Well, you have to understand something here. If the "Made in Japan" Yonex's are in fact made in China, and were made by these so-called OEM, won't that make the fake racquets the same as the real racquets? But of course, by experiment, it is not. Fake racquets are more fragile than the real counterpart.

You cannot believe everything the post has said. Most Chinese companies will do anything to damage their competitors.

I personally do not give a **** about that paragraph at all, simply because I'm a Chinese and I know what Chinese thinks.

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not at all. Yonex shuttle AS10 and AS50 are made in the same factory, will you say they are on the same standard? :rolleyes:

On a big production line, there are hundreds of workers have their hands on a prodcut. Who is the one assemble the product is not the key, the Quality Control person who decides whether pass the product or fail it is the one in "Control". :cool:

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Actually why fuss about it? Even Luxury Cars have parts that is made in China and from other countries. But they still perform well and sold at a high price too.

18. biomik

biomik Regular Member

the only reason to be upset about is if Yonex lies (says made in Japan, in fact made in China). Then, you may wonder what else they lie about. Virtually all Apple products are made in China, and the company has no problem stating it - after all, chinese make top quality stuff these days.

19. skuo2003

skuo2003 Regular Member

As LazyBuddy said, it isn't about where it's made, it's about the quality control. The difference between a racket branded Made in China and Made in Japan is usually generally the quality control. I know from several people in various industries that what happens in manufacturing countries that do not have as strict QC is the factory will bribe the QC people to let some defective products through (since the factory loses money if their product is rejected by the QC). If the QC is done in Japan, this is much less likely to happen, so I don't think it makes much of a difference where it is actually made.

Furthermore, the customer is the ultimate judge anyway. There are several competing racket companies out there for us to choose from.

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Seriously, if CHN can make space shuttle to land on the moon, and you think they can not even make a racket? :rolleyes:

The key issue is not CHN can not do it, or QC is bad, it's a matter how much you willing to pay. If say paying them US$20 can make you a good product, but you only pay $5, what you expect? Same thing as in US or in JP, if you need to pay $50 for the same good product, but you only want to spend $30, you might get even lousier product than the ones from CHN or other "cheaper" regions.

It's not who can make what, it's more like what the business owner willing to pay. :cool: