User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some more stringing questions

1. Are there manuals online or something that displays/explains stringing techniques?

2. When using the "correct" techniques do the knots always end up in the same place? It seems every stringer I've ever had puts the knots in different places.

3. Are there different techniques for isometric racquets than classic oval racquets? And does using a stringing technique for oval racquets damage isometric racquets?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by timeless
    Here are some more stringing questions

1. Are there manuals online or something that displays/explains stringing techniques?

2. When using the "correct" techniques do the knots always end up in the same place? It seems every stringer I've ever had puts the knots in different places.

3. Are there different techniques for isometric racquets than classic oval racquets? And does using a stringing technique for oval racquets damage isometric racquets?

Thanks in advance!
    Hey timeless, just read all the post before. Badrad gave 2 sites that are great for stringing techniques. As for the knots, they are in different place because there are different string patterns for different racquets. As for oval and iso racquets, just read my post 2-3 post before yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by jwu

Hey timeless, just read all the post before. Badrad gave 2 sites that are great for stringing techniques. As for the knots, they are in different place because there are different string patterns for different racquets. As for oval and iso racquets, just read my post 2-3 post before yours.
    He did? Hmmm I just took a look at all the posts for this thread and I can't find any URLs. Am I just blind?

I just read your post, I missed it before, thanks for the info .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o I am sorry, not this thread. Um search equipment forum, I had a discussion with Badrad about it before, you will find it. =) The thread has stringing in it. The sites are Pro-speed and Joe's stringing tip. I'm not sure of the URL, have it saved somewhere.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never noticed any difference in playability if the strings are curved or straight. I usually move them straight if they are curved and get on and play the game.

For me, not much difference (and this was when the strings were done around 24lbs) and only a minor, spurious detail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

knots are a method of signature by the stringer. in most instances, you can recognize a stringer by the patterns they string, and knot method and placement.

normally you will try to knot off as close as possible to the last hole. this way you don't want to have 1 or 2 inches of string routed on the outside frame. in a regular string job, this is usually easy. In a repair job, finding an available hole gets tougher.

typically when finding a hole to knot off, you will want to thread a hole is consistent in the angle of entry. you don't want to attempt threading into a hole where the string crosses in the grommet, making a tighter fit for your knotting string.

and then there are the very infrequent occasion (hope it's infrequent) where the stringer messed up the measurement and just barely have length left for knotting.

knots are a different story as well. i have seen basic knots, pretty knots and real uggoh knots. i have seen knots that have a little twist and bow inside. it's a statement thing, personal to the stringer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2