Broken racquet

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Keith, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Keith

Keith Guest

My partner broke his Yonex Ti Swing Power SA in the middle of a rally when hitting the shuttle cleanly. It just caved in at the 2 o'clock point. He only bought it about two months ago from a big Yonex dealer in Hong Kong, but he lives in England.

Has anyone had any experience with new racquets being broken, and have they managed to get replacements from the manufacturer?

In particular, has anyone tried to get a replacement in England?

What is the normal warranty period on a new Yonex racquet?

Thanks

2. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    If you go to centralsports.co.uk, they actually repair rackets. I don't know if they are good at it, but you should try and check them out. They are based in England too so this is a plus.

3. David

David Guest

Yonex will not warrant any racket that is not bought in that country. If the racket was bought in HK, you have to send it back to HK for warranty. I think Asia warranty period is 90 days. In HK, since there are a lot of gray market rackets, you might not have any warranty. In USA is 1 yr. Good Luck!

4. Don

Don Regular Member

Don't even bother reparing racquets, the balance is all thrown off if it's not done properly and basically you'd be better off getting a new racquet.

5. vince

vince Guest

True in most cases, but some people actually do a very good job fixing broken racquet. I have my cab21 fixed, yes is a bit off balance but you get used to it. The guy/gal did such a good job on my racquet that you can not tell that is a fixed racquet unless you take a very close look.

6. Mark

Mark Guest

I broke a Pro Kennex I had once, that I had had about 10 months.

I live in the UK. I sent it back to them with a letter saying how much I liked the racket, blur, blur and how disappointed I was that it broke(cracked head - accident in match! didn't tell them that).

I wasn't sure what would happen, and didn't really expect it, but about 3 weeks later a brand new racket pops through the door. Excellent!

Give it a go. I wouldn't repair it. Just send it back and act innocent.

7. Will

Will Regular Member

Hobo
    Broken Yonex Racquet

I recently had my racquet broken during a match, sliced right through the shaft. I am hoping to send it to Yonex and receive a new racquet(I have heard other people have, so why not give it a try?) I live in California, USA. I was just wondering if anybody knew how to go about sending my racquet to Yonex USA. Address, what kind of letter/message I should ship with the racket, ect)
    Thanks!